Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asystole

Is anyone on meds for anxiety?

As the title says ;p Anyone taking medication for anxiety?

Used to be on Wellbutrin, cymbalta and Seroquel, but they didn't help (Wellbutrin actually made me manic and paranoid).

Guest The Effendi
do you guys think you wouldn't need them if you didn't have acne?

I thought I wouldn't need 'em if I didn't have acne, I don't know anymore :rolleyes:

do you guys think you wouldn't need them if you didn't have acne?

I would have needed them either way. (Acne mostly just makes me more of a recluse, that's all.)

There are plenty of homeopathic approaches to panic attacks, anxiety, and for those whom lack self-confidence from acne, and more.

Yes, well, I'm not sure if there are many for hallucinations and the like.

yeah im on vodka..helps a lot

yes. klonopin. and probably more by the time my psych has a chance to adjust them. And yes, i would need them no matter what my skin was like.

I'm on zoloft, I cut myself down to only 25mg a day. I actually feel ok. My anxiety is not as bad since acne is gone but I still get it at times.

I used to. They screwed with me too much. Naseaus. Dry mouthed. Tired. The usual bullshit you get when you mess with serotonin receptors.

My friend started taking xanex for his anxiety. He stopped within 2 weeks. They'd make him more open, but as it wore off, he would become really irritable.

I'd say you're better off accepting what you have and learning new ways of dealing with things rather than screwing around with your internal chemistry. It'll also make you a stronger person mentally. :D

I used to. They screwed with me too much. Naseaus. Dry mouthed. Tired. The usual bullshit you get when you mess with serotonin receptors.

My friend started taking xanex for his anxiety. He stopped within 2 weeks. They'd make him more open, but as it wore off, he would become really irritable.

I'd say you're better off accepting what you have and learning new ways of dealing with things rather than screwing around with your internal chemistry. It'll also make you a stronger person mentally. :D

i think that depends on what is wrong with you. If i was to stop taking my medications i'd be dead.....its my internal chemistry thats messed up so its important to "screw" with it so i stay alive.

i think that depends on what is wrong with you. If i was to stop taking my medications i'd be dead.....its my internal chemistry thats messed up so its important to "screw" with it so i stay alive.

How exactly would you die? Would you have a seizure? Stop breathing? Kill yourself?

The last can easily be avoided.

It doesn't exactly make much sense that if you stop taking anti-depressants and anxiety medication that you're suddenly death-bound.

Well, not everyone is born with a condition that will leave them dead. Modern medicine keeps alive those who biologically are programmed to die.

no, not everyone is born with a condition that will cause death. but some of them are or have the propensity of it happening and so its a safety measure, hence why i argued that it not always a good idea to "tough it out" i'm 27 years old and quite ill mentally. When off medication i am prone to suicidal attempts that i can't predict as i have psychotic snaps that i also can't predict. Medication keeps those from happening.

I can tough it out and still be medicated. Meds only solve part of the problem, with mental illness you also need conunselling to figure out how to live and deal with the stuff that drugs can't stop, meds only provide the catalyst, then you have to do the rest of the work, so don't think those that take meds aren't "toughing" it out, because we are.

Zoloft

Paxil(I think its been pulled from the shelves because it caused suicidal thoughts)

Lexapro

Luvox

Right now, I'm on nothing, and that ain't helping. :shifty:

I used to be. I was prescribed a low dose of Klonopin for about 6 months. I was having anxiety attacks and I was really depressed, and a doctor thought it would be a good idea for me to take it every day.

I eventually began to feel like I was addicted to it. I would set my alarm clock in the morning just so I could take my meds an hour before I woke up, so I would feel normal. I began to stop feeling good when I wasn't on it. So one day I flushed them all and quit cold turkey. People who are prescribed benzo's may want to taper off under a doctor's supervision, if they want to quit.

I could be wrong, and frequently am, but it seemed like those pills were causing more problems than they were helping to alleviate. I think that my life is a lot better and more manageable without taking downers all the time. I do take an antidepressant every day, but I don't think it interferes with everyday functions. I think I can handle life better with an antidepressant. I imagine some people feel the same way about benzo's.

I used to be on a lot of drugs, but as of right now, I don't feel they benefit me. I hate to say I don't believe in perscription drugs when used properly. A part of me doesn't believe in drugs at all, but I can only speak for myself. Personally, I just leave everything up to God now and hope for the best. Seems to be working. However, God has a different plan for all of us.

And they did help me when I used them before. Even if it was just the hope of something helping me, rather than the actual drug helping me, they seemed to help.

I used to be. I was prescribed a low dose of Klonopin for about 6 months. I was having anxiety attacks and I was really depressed, and a doctor thought it would be a good idea for me to take it every day.

I eventually began to feel like I was addicted to it. I would set my alarm clock in the morning just so I could take my meds an hour before I woke up, so I would feel normal. I began to stop feeling good when I wasn't on it. So one day I flushed them all and quit cold turkey. People who are prescribed benzo's may want to taper off under a doctor's supervision, if they want to quit.

I could be wrong, and frequently am, but it seemed like those pills were causing more problems than they were helping to alleviate. I think that my life is a lot better and more manageable without taking downers all the time. I do take an antidepressant every day, but I don't think it interferes with everyday functions. I think I can handle life better with an antidepressant. I imagine some people feel the same way about benzo's.

benzos are addictive. unfortunately for me so far (and i've been on about 15 different meds over about 13 years) they're the only thing that actually really does work effectively enough to keep me out of the ER.

I used to be on a lot of drugs, but as of right now, I don't feel they benefit me. I hate to say I don't believe in perscription drugs when used properly. A part of me doesn't believe in drugs at all, but I can only speak for myself. Personally, I just leave everything up to God now and hope for the best. Seems to be working. However, God has a different plan for all of us.

And they did help me when I used them before. Even if it was just the hope of something helping me, rather than the actual drug helping me, they seemed to help.

I think its comendable that you're able to not take meds, I have a very different relationship with god where i'm somewhat convinced from experience that he/she/it appears to be trying to kill me off. :confused: that may be why i'm on the meds tho :shifty:

No, even though I have considered it for my social anxiety.I've been such a paranoid freak for a couple of years now. I had a breakdown in the car today at the thought of a job interview. I've become very reclusive and private. I worry about really stupid things that people could judge me/hate me for. I cannot stand it anymore.

I don't really want to rush to the meds though. I want to see if I can find a way to cope with it myself first.