Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My regimen: I wash my face with cetaphil soap and benzoyl peroxide pads (Zoderm Redi-Pads) twice a day and use tazorac at night.

My question is, I've been reading up on moisturizing and I've seen many people say it is best to moisturize when your skin is still damp, like after getting out of the shower. I can't do this because I wash my face immediately after I get out of the shower, so I was wondering would it be best to moisturize a few minutes after I wash my face or should I wait 10-20 minutes like I do now? Thank you.

Locks the moisture in or something, maybe not damp just not completely dry, i'm not certain but i might give it a try just to see what happens

Its up to you. You could try it that way and if it isnt successful for you, you can always go back to the way you did it before.

Goodnight! Im not feeling too well. Im gonna go to bed.

I dont understand why anyone would moisturizer when their face is damp. The moisturizer seems like it would come off

I dont understand why anyone would moisturizer when their face is damp. The moisturizer seems like it would come off

Moisturizers that are oil-based need to be applied on damp skin.. the reason being that the water provides the moisture, and the oil seals it in. Of course, if your moisturizer isn't oil-based then you should just apply it on dry skin =]

The moisturizer I use is water-based and contains sunscreen, if I use it on slightly damp skin will the sunscreen absorb and do its job?

The moisturizer I use is water-based and contains sunscreen, if I use it on slightly damp skin will the sunscreen absorb and do its job?

I usually wait 10 minutes after washing my face...I don't see how applying right after a shower traps moisture in...the moisturizing is the product supplying the moisture...not the water...

everyones skin is different though...try it a few different ways...