Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdean

protein shakes and accutane?

im going to keep this short but i was just wondering if its ok to take protein shakes while on accutane will taking the protein shakes effect the accutane in any way as in make it less effective i mean that does sound stupid and obvious but idk

umm, don't know for fact, but I'm eating protein bars while i'm on it sometimes when I don't have a chance to eat or something. I don't do it everyday, but its still working for me! Just make sure you its got fat in it...lol thats what my bro told me, and since the bars do... I take a few bites of it, and then the pills, then a few more, usually as much as I can stand eating, I've found that most don't taste that good. lol

im going to keep this short but i was just wondering if its ok to take protein shakes while on accutane will taking the protein shakes effect the accutane in any way as in make it less effective i mean that does sound stupid and obvious but idk

My derm told me not to take whey protein or creatine supplements on Accutane. I didn't ask why because I wasn't using them at the time...

I think that taking a lot of protein (>>1g/lb bodyweight?) can lead to elevated liver enzyme levels.