Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering what are some good last-minute ideas to do to bring down a recent breakout when you are just a few weeks or days away from a big party that you've planned? It always seems like I break out just before an important date or weekend party that I plan and it's so humiliating to have to be around your friends in such an awful state. Any good tips or ideas? I've heard that drinking and applying ACV will help? But how often? And will I see good enough results in three weeks to a month?? I'm just so frustrated with this!

youve got three weeks to a month?

thats not really last-minute if it is.

anyway, one of the best things, in all honesty, is to not worry about it. the more you worry and wyhine and complain, the worse it gets. there are psychological parts to acne as well, and being under constant stress makes breakouts worse.

youve got three weeks to a month?

thats not really last-minute if it is.

anyway, one of the best things, in all honesty, is to not worry about it. the more you worry and wyhine and complain, the worse it gets. there are psychological parts to acne as well, and being under constant stress makes breakouts worse.

I realize that. But if I started drinking ACV everyday starting today - would I see good results in the next three weeks? Anyone????

Three weeks to a month doesn't seem last-minute....but to me it is. It always seems like a have a small break out every week or two and I want to know how to prevent it and to get rid of the red marks before I attend a special meeting.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alpha Hydrox Souffle might help with the red marks. It will definitely improve your skin tone. it might help with acne breakouts if you're prone to comedonal acne with only the occasional inflamed acne.

If you're prone to inflamed acne (the red kind that develops larger pimples), try BP consistently; you might try the DKR. It is explained on this website. Also please try exfoliation with a baby's hair brush. The link to the thread is in my signature below. You could also ice each individual lesion if they are the red inflamed kind. That will help reduce the swelling and inflammation.

Wash with warm, not hot water. I like to add a final rinse with COLD water. That seems to make my skin very happy.

there is no silver bullet really. Only advice i can think of is acv as a toner. Start slow. don't over do it if u feel irritated stop. you don't wanna make it worse. Start with a mild ratio..3 to 1 or something like that. Do it once a day. saturate a cotton ball and wipe gently over entire face.