Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

Do people find it hard to go out with friends or make new friends?

Or find it hard to get a girlfriend, because of acne?

...Well I do!

I really wish I had some good friends around me and a nice girlfriend...but I know it will never happen because of acne.

I wish I could make new friends quickly. It's hard to meet people when you don't have a situation or a reason to make them. I recently moved from Detroit & Windsor to London, UK. My acne is gone except for some slight scarring... yet I still have a hard time connecting with people. Plus, I think that I would consider myself a pretty out going person, yet, the conditions for friend making still are not favorable.

Perhaps, this difficulty is not just created from having acne, but is there even with out it.

Don't let it get in your way! Let's both try to go out and make some new budding friends...

Best of luck!

It is not easily to meet "good" friends whether you have acne or not. I think acne just makes it even harder than what is already was. Once you leave school, it becomes a whole lot harder just because of the fact you won't meet as many people.

I think it's harder if you approach things with the 'I gotta make this person my friend!' mentality.

You just put pressure on yourself and nobody likes someone that always seems to be 'trying too hard'. Mind you, sometimes a little trying is needed at the get go, but afterwards, just let things carry on naturally.

Meeting people while doing things you love to do - whether its sports, music, volunteering or whatever, is always a good idea. That way, you'll already have some common interests and things to talk about.

Seriously, try it

Guest The Effendi

I don't have any friends. :rolleyes: It bothers me sometimes, but oh well.

Somtimes I find it hard to go out because of my face like today going out all I got was people looking at me disgusted with my face and how I look like. And I wasn't kidding there was this lady who literally looked at me as if I was some monster and well I cursed her out.

I have a few people I consider my true friends. However, I am afraid I am starting to grow apart from them. I know that's natural, but if I lose them, who will I have? I cannot wait for college so I can meet new people. I'm extremely shy, by I am willing to do anything to overcome that. Just one more year left of this hell hole and I am gone and on to new things...

I haven't had a boyfriend or gone on a date in over ten months. It's been pretty lonely. I find myself missing my ex still, even though I would never get back together with him.

:(

The fact is, people judge people right on the spot, with no consideration of his/her current state of condition. I've met people who turned out to be really great people who were just in a bad situation in life at the time.

I managed to find a wonderful boyfriend despite having acne.

It is possible.

Guest The Effendi
I managed to find a wonderful boyfriend despite having acne.

It is possible.