Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sad10

can any1 tell me where i can buy a good dermaroller?

well, i got mine from clearskin, which i bought on ebay. on their ebay store, they only sell the .75mm needlez. but when i got it in the mail, they also gave me a list of their products. on that list, they sell a "medical" roller that's 2mm. AND it's only $150 bucks. i'll have to ask them about this and see if i can get one. just some fyi for anyone interested.

bug:

Thanks for reply. I purchased a 1.5 mm roller from the seller in Thailand. I finally arrived. I took approximately three weeks. Question for ya. How often do use your roller and do use anything topically to numb the area you are rolling? The 1.5 really hurts and I actually bleed from using it. I know I'm not getting the skin rolled evenly because of the pain. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

sorry i don't know about that one. i have the roller, but i never used it. cuz i still get pimplez. and i have scars all over my face, so i'm worried to look like a pink pig in bad lighting (i'm in college).

but some people said it hurt, some said it was tolerable. it all depends on you, bro. what's your threshold, and how do you handle it.

and KEEP ME UPDATED! that thai seller is expensive, but if it works, i'll buy it!

sorry i couldn't help you

wen,

The 1.5mm roller does hurt more, and does cause a little bit of pin point bleeding- don't worry about that. I bought a topical anesthetic from Dermal Source, called Super-T. It works real well, but, for me, I'd rather deal with the discomfort for a couple minutes instead of waiting 10-15 for the topical to work. Having said that, there's certainly no shame in using a topical. From what I've read, if you get it done at a Dr's office, they apply a topical first.

As for how often--some say to wait 12 weeks between rolling with the "big gun", others use it as often as once a week. I use it every 2-3 weeks, and use a .75mm roller inbetween; but not for a couple days afterwards. I'm 50 yrs old, and use the roller for-scars, and to stimulate collagen production for wrinkles. I'm very pleased with the progress. But, as for the whole gravity issue--I'm planning on a facelift once our oldest graduates from Columbia- the tuition is brutal!

wen,

The 1.5mm roller does hurt more, and does cause a little bit of pin point bleeding- don't worry about that. I bought a topical anesthetic from Dermal Source, called Super-T. It works real well, but, for me, I'd rather deal with the discomfort for a couple minutes instead of waiting 10-15 for the topical to work. Having said that, there's certainly no shame in using a topical. From what I've read, if you get it done at a Dr's office, they apply a topical first.

As for how often--some say to wait 12 weeks between rolling with the "big gun", others use it as often as once a week. I use it every 2-3 weeks, and use a .75mm roller inbetween; but not for a couple days afterwards. I'm 50 yrs old, and use the roller for-scars, and to stimulate collagen production for wrinkles. I'm very pleased with the progress. But, as for the whole gravity issue--I'm planning on a facelift once our oldest graduates from Columbia- the tuition is brutal!

Thanks for the response. I have used it twice now and the second time just told myself no pain to gain. I too am very happy with results I have seen alreadly using the 1.5 mm dermaroller.

I have numerous ice pick scars and huge scars/ice picks on my nose and everyday it seems like some (but not all) are healing. Yah!! For me finally some hope!!!! I also have cysts and I know that your not suppose to use it on any infected area but I have had them for four years, been to five (5) derms and nothing topical has worked. Enough is enough, desperate times call for desperate measures. I am just careful to clean it really good otherwise they just spread. Nasty little things.

I have a .25 mm roller but that doesn't do to much so I may consider a .75mm for the future inbetween the "big guns."

There is 3mm ones for sale, how's that for a big gun:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s_promot_widget

Mango,

Thanks for the response. The seller from Thailand is the seller that I purchased the 1.5 mm derma roller.

That is a little too expensive for me right now. I'm just going to grin and bear it (the pain of the 1.5 mm) and see what results I get from that.

Wished I hadn't wasted by $ on the .25 mm one but live and learn.

Have you tried the 3mm one? The 1.5 is painful. It should be sold with something to numb the area first and I am usually pretty touch when it comes to pain but I guess on the face is different for me anyway.

There is 3mm ones for sale, how's that for a big gun:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s_promot_widget

Mango,

Thanks for the response. The seller from Thailand is the seller that I purchased the 1.5 mm derma roller.

That is a little too expensive for me right now. I'm just going to grin and bear it (the pain of the 1.5 mm) and see what results I get from that.

Wished I hadn't wasted by $ on the .25 mm one but live and learn.

Have you tried the 3mm one? The 1.5 is painful. It should be sold with something to numb the area first and I am usually pretty touch when it comes to pain but I guess on the face is different for me anyway.

No I have not purchase one yet, I was just looking into this tho, because laser and all that is gonna cost to much at the moment. The 3mm ones are gonna get the most collagen produced tho, So I'm gunning to get that or the 1.5 or maybe the 2 and then something like a .75 but I will have to see. Need to study it more, it seems fairly simple and comes with an instruction video, and says

The other advantage is that this does not really have to be done by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. The technique is easy to master because it does not require the artistic skills that are imperative in a tattoo artist.

Here is a site giving you different countries on where to buy the dermal roller and the prices.

I don't know which models they sell as i only looked at UK site because thats where im from.

When you go on this site click on sales and it will show you all the countries that sell this roller.

http://www.dermaroller.de/

The one's they sell on ebay are ridiculous prices,the MF8 original model which as a needle length of 1.5 is only about £60/70 but you have to be in the medical profession to get hold of these or buy one off ebay.

i might have messed up. i bought a 1.5 mm one on ebay and it was only $149.00. i say "ONLY" cuz they sell other ones, same size (1.5 mm), and they cost $490.00. those expensive ones are the mts ones. i don't think the cheaper one (the one i bought) is a mts one, even though i bought it from the same seller. i wonder if it's only for single use. that'd suck balls, to pay $160 (s/h included) for a one-time thing. anyone got any cluez?

Pain : You can get LMX 5% lidocaine OTC so this may help. Has anyone tried advil or just some OTC pain meds to help out?

Dermarollers : I bought a generic a while back, but have not used it. Has anyone inspected their rollers under a microscrope or magnifying glass after rolling? If the needles become dull or create a "hook" then this can cause damage to the tissue.

Pain : You can get LMX 5% lidocaine OTC so this may help. Has anyone tried advil or just some OTC pain meds to help out?

Dermarollers : I bought a generic a while back, but have not used it. Has anyone inspected their rollers under a microscrope or magnifying glass after rolling? If the needles become dull or create a "hook" then this can cause damage to the tissue.

Hi,

I've been using my Clearskincare Rollers for about 18 months. The 1st roller lasted 12 months and my 2nd is 6 months old and still fine. It hurt a little at first but I'm quite used to it now. I go pretty hard with it and get a bit of blood spotting, I just wipe it away with a tissue then put on their Copper Peptide Serum. I've had great results and am still using it to fill in my scars more. I don't need to use any pain meds and get great results, I like that.

how do you store your dermarollers? sounds like there is an infection risk.

i think it sounds like its worth a try, ive seen improvements on my with tretionin. maybe not as much on the scarring, but all in all my skin looks alot better. im 25 so i dont have much wrinkles, but the ones i had on my forehead has almost disapeared!

Sorry, I meant Vit C not V. And when I finish rolling, I run hot tap water over the roller, air dry, and store it in the case it came in. I think the Thailand seller also sells some sort of disinfecting solution for the roller; but, when I got my first one- the 0.75mm, that seller recommended the hot water. I've never gotten any sort of infection, but obviously never share your roller with anyone else.

Robin

Okay, so my first Fraxel appt was going to be Nov 14, but I'm chickening out and canceling for now. I'm interested in dermarolling.

Sounds like the 2 good rollers out there are Clearskincare and the Golden Skin roller. It also sounds like one should be using at least 0.75mm.

I'm a bit confused -- is dermarolling SORT OF like needling?? Also, can anyone tell me the downtime associated with dermarolling? I need to be able to cover up with makeup -- would I still be able to do that?? Lastly, these rollers are ALSO used for hair regrowth?? I don't want any hair regrowth on my face!! =)

I think i'm gonna purchase the .75mm dermaroller (skin roller) from that clearskincare seller on e-bay, but can those of you who have purchased this tell me, is it painfull at all? does the skin bleed at all in the slightest? Do you apply quite a bit of pressure?

Thanks

I think i'm gonna purchase the .75mm dermaroller (skin roller) from that clearskincare seller on e-bay, but can tose of you who have purchased tis tell me, is it painfull at all? does the skin bleed at all in the slightest? Do you apply quite a bit of pressure?

Thanks

I only applied a small amount of pressure to test it out on the first night and didn't really get any sort of bleeding, just a lil pinkishness (sorta like a light sun burn) which subsided in about 15mins.

I now apply more pressure, and there are pin point bleeding and the redness lasts much longer, however, all the redness will be gone when i wake up in the morning. So there's really nothing to worry about.

I totally agree with eyeboy, you'll get the tiniest amount of pinpoint bleeding if you roll vigorously (which I do on the areas needing improvement ). Like, between my eyebrows, I'll pull the skin taught, then roll like crazy--same for specific scars I'm treating. My skin is fine by morning. The only place it hurts for me, is the skin above my lips. Best of luck to you!

Robin

I think i'm gonna purchase the .75mm dermaroller (skin roller) from that clearskincare seller on e-bay, but can tose of you who have purchased tis tell me, is it painfull at all? does the skin bleed at all in the slightest? Do you apply quite a bit of pressure?

Thanks

i've been using the .75.. for a few weeks, on and off. i don't think the pressure makes much of a difference, since the needles will only go as deep as they are long. i have not had any bleeding. just a little red, and sometimes if i go for a long time in one direction, i have lines the next day. looks like little cat scratches. it doesn't really sting, it kinda tingles. it kinda hurts on my forehead though. but when i look in the mirror, i get mad at my skin anyway, and a little pain doesn't mean much when you're pissed off