Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest The Effendi

Crazy

Guest The Effendi

I feel worse today than I did yesterday, I'm not used to this, 'cause

I've been okay the last few weeks. :rolleyes:

I think i can see through your eyes on this one. Everyone says I look pretty, or my zits arent' bad and all the usual crap. I dont like to feel like I'm fishing for compliments when i tell someone about my face, mostly i just need to vent. I believe I have body dysmorphia too, and I had it a while ago, but I think it went away. I was clear-skinned (still greasy, but at least it looked like clean grease), and starting to think that maybe I wasn't as hideous as I had always thought. People would say I was beautiful to other people, and I was feeling great. all of a sudden, my skin went crazy, and all I can see is huge bumpy islands of pimples and zits among a sea of oil. all the positive self imaging I got totally got flushed down the toilet. its so frustrating. I think i am feeling resigned though, not that its as good as actually likeing myself, but better than hating myself.

Guest The Effendi
I think i can see through your eyes on this one. Everyone says I look pretty, or my zits arent' bad and all the usual crap. I dont like to feel like I'm fishing for compliments when i tell someone about my face, mostly i just need to vent.

I can absolutely relate. I hear all the time about how pretty I am (unsolicited, and when I'm "fishing"), and how I'm crazy for not believing them when they tell me that. I have random guys hit on me in random situations, have had traffic stop for me -- God! One day, about a half dozen people stopped me to tell me how beautiful/gorgeous I am, and they were complete strangers! (I'm not making this up; it was a very weird day.) -- but all I see is fat and ugly when I look in the mirror. I get made to feel like I'm fishing, too, when I rant about how ugly I am. I think people ARE lying to me when they tell me how attractive I am. There have been days that I wouldn't leave the house because of how fat or ugly I was, and the acne only exacerbates it. I don't think I have BDD; I think I'm just ugly. I mean, don't you have to be attractive for BDD to count?

Yesterday I felt extraordinarily ugly, but no one would agree with me.

I feel insane sometimes, like everyone's lying. Am I alone on this?

Guest The Effendi

you're pretty