Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjoseskin

What is the verdict on Fraxel

The technician called today to tell me that the machine worked fine on the next person it was used on and that my reaction was just different. She said that it was definately not in training mode. I don't understand what happened, I just know that there is no way that I can get satisfactory results if all that happens is my skin turns a little pink. I don't see how such different reactions can happen when the same setting is used. Has this happened to anyone else?

The technician called today to tell me that the machine worked fine on the next person it was used on and that my reaction was just different. She said that it was definately not in training mode. I don't understand what happened, I just know that there is no way that I can get satisfactory results if all that happens is my skin turns a little pink. I don't see how such different reactions can happen when the same setting is used. Has this happened to anyone else?

i noticed improvement of my scars from my first two treatments with fraxel 1. They were definately smoother!! and i'm so happy because i noticed improvement after just 2 treatments, normally people notice a difference after 3 or more treatments. my doc just got the fraxel 2 machine so i had my 3rd treatment just yesterday with it. i'm excited to start peeling and seeing the results! btw, i bought a package here in vancouver, canada- 6 treatments for $2500 (but i'm only getting my t-zone done, i don't have scarring on my cheeks)

Ok i have thought about nothing else but fraxel since i got back from my consultation, and have decided against getting fraxel done, the more reviews i read about it the more i realise it wont do jack shit for actual acne scarring, what it will help is melasma and perhaps the hyperpigmentation, but not actual indented scarring. Which is basically what the dermatologist told me at the consultation and he has trated 500+ patiented with fraxel 2, so he knows what he's talking about.

for those who are considering having fraxel this website is really worth a read. www.realself.com

Guest delta force operators

are u gonna try needling,

i mean u should try fraxel that way u cant say "i shoulda have tried fraxel"-

Nope, i've made up my mind, i'm not going down the fraxel route, i'd rather buy a car than spend money on something that isn't going to give me results, the derm basically told me there and then that it would give me no improvement on acne scarring, and told me to save my money instead of wasting it, i'm just glad he was as brutally honest as he was. He's saved me a lot of money.

I might try needling, but i think for the next 6 months i'm just going to leave my skin alone and not to any treatment at all apart from the tazorac, then perhaps have a tca peel done in the spring time.

New lasers are coming out all of the time, by this tme next year fraxel 4 will no doubt be all the rage, i mean it just goes to show, of course fraxel 2 isn't all it's made out to be otherwise they wouldn't be bringing out fraxel 3, would they?!? I think i've seen the light.....

Nope, i've made up my mind, i'm not going down the fraxel route, i'd rather buy a car than spend money on something that isn't going to give me results, the derm basically told me there and then that it would give me no improvement on acne scarring, and told me to save my money instead of wasting it, i'm just glad he was as brutally honest as he was. He's saved me a lot of money.

I might try needling, but i think for the next 6 months i'm just going to leave my skin alone and not to any treatment at all apart from the tazorac, then perhaps have a tca peel done in the spring time.

New lasers are coming out all of the time, by this tme next year fraxel 4 will no doubt be all the rage, i mean i just goes to show, of course fraxel 2 isn't all it's made out to be otherwise they wouldn't be bringing out fraxel 3, would they?!? I think i've seen the light.....

I have had 4 (frax 2) and my skin is a lot better, i know it for sure and my friends have been commenting every few days...

definatly worth doing in my books - my 5th is tomorrow morning.. im going to get the before and after pics tomorrow emailed to me and see what the pics show.

Either way i know it is alot better - even under the hard light it looks about 40%... huge.. cant wait until the 5th is over that way I can wipe my hands clean and hopefully continue to see good results.

PS: the only scars it hasnt worked on are 3 scars that were caused about 5 years go by the derm when I was getting blood subcision (on my temple).

I am going to get a perm filler for these 3 (small scars) and then i know ill be happy :)

thumbs up in my opinion.

From what I'm gathering, its a waste of money when you can just do a few collegen fillers at way less and it has much more improvements then any lasers.

I think the doctors are throwing in the fraxel to make more money but it doesn't really do much for acne scarring.

I was lucky to see a friends father who has had fraxel treatments and had VERY little results. A year ago or so he had the permanent silicon fillers and was a extreme improvement. And he said he had about 4 treatments and his scaring is gone.

Everyone's skin is different of course and I am about to do the fillers myself to judge on my own skin, but I would stay away from any lasers I don't think there worth the money at all.

amberkat have you documented each day with progress pictures? if you show your reactions to them, maybe they'll reconsider.

Just to throw my two-bits in on Amberkat's and others concern with Fraxel intensity. I have now had four fraxels at increasing intensity (I have all my settings but can't be bothered to get up to find them now - I'll post them all when I also post my full results and experience). But my last was 70mj on the cheeks and 60mj on my nose, chin and forehead. While my cheeks handled it ok, my forehead and nose broke out with pimples like I haven't had for years. I am now four weeks past it and still have bumps on my forehead and some pimples on my nose. In addition, recovery time was long because I was soooo red in those areas (and around my mouth). Plus I did get a few pimples on my cheeks.

I have been VERY happy with my fraxel so far and will post pictures and results a few weeks post my fifth, BUT I do wonder if they can be TOO intense. Where my scarring mainly is - on my cheeks - may need the higher intensity, and in fact seems to be able to cope with it, but I'm going to get them to cut the power right back on other areas. Otherwise I feel that the breakouts tend to negate some of the benefits I am otherwise getting.

Not sure if anyone else has had silimar experiences...

C2

Well, Im back and I have to say, Fraxel has still done SQUAT for my scars. The ONLY area that improved somewhat was my right temple and that's because I had 70 mjs and some crazy level like R3 that noonw else on the board has tried. That left me red for months and am still raw after 5. Other than that the rest was a waste of money. You need the highest, most invasive settings for acne scars, plain and simple.

ylem curious if u tried needling since it seems like u tried everything in the book, needling has been around for ages, it seems like the ones that havent needled stick around these boards and the ones that have , have took off, look up buhdistpunks post, "the truth behind needling, seens like he was a skeptic then came back as believer, he needled 8 times, and i believe he continues to needle, or healhy sckeptics post, or they could have moved on with their lives...

im very tempted to needle myself.

ylem curious if u tried needling since it seems like u tried everything in the book, needling has been around for ages, it seems like the ones that havent needled stick around these boards and the ones that have , have took off, look up buhdistpunks post, "the truth behind needling, seens like he was a skeptic then came back as believer, he needled 8 times, and i believe he continues to needle, or healhy sckeptics post, or they could have moved on with their lives...

im very tempted to needle myself.

ylem, you've apparently tried a bunch of stuff that hasn't worked. I've posted a couple of pics of my scarring (see thread "Finally have pics of my scarring...") Would you terribly mind taking a look and letting us know if your scarring is similar to mine? I'd like to compare so that I might be able to save some trouble! =) If you'd like, I can PM you as well. Thanks!

No, my scarring is very much different and more severe than yours. I have wide saucer/craters and rolling scars. Yours look like pinpoint and minor. I'd leave yours alone, but for me I have to do something as it is so disfiguring. Gad, another depression I will go into now. I swear there's noone with scarring like Ive got, seriously!

Thanks for your response ylem. I'm sorry to hear how yours are making you feel. Nothing can make us feel better but getting rid of these darn things!

ylem i seriously think u should try needling

Hello Guy's, i'm new here in the comunity sideways.gif

I came from my doctor yesterday and she said for me to do 4 session of fraxel 1500, 10 passes with 70mJ. I posted a picture to know if in your opinion i will have a good improvement with the fraxel laser.

anyone who did the fraxel can post pictures with the before and after the sessions of fraxel?

thanks

Sorry for my bad english, i dont leave in a country with english language =P

THE PICTURES FROM MY FACE

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8871/2d...20070012kq7.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5170/2d...20070022zr8.jpg

I have not documented my progress with photos. They did call me and had me come in for another treatment. Kept the energy level at 7, but went up to 40 for the depth on problem areas. I did not swell as much as I did the 1st time. (I thought my eyes my actually swell shut at some point the 1st time.) I do feel that my results will be better with this treatment. It sounds like I will definately have to increase the depth and energy levels which I am relunctant to do because of the pain and swelling, but I do want results. I had a few scars "cut out" before fraxel. Basically, you just trade one scar for another, but in 3 out of 4 cases(for me), it was a change for the better. What I really want from fraxel is better texture and smaller pores. And while everyone says that fraxel will make your pores smaller, it does seem hard to believe. Fraxel is basically the same as dermabrasion or laser resufacing which leaves you with larger pores. The difference is that instead of resurfacing your whole face, it is resurfaced in pixels, allowing quicker regrowth of skin in that was ablated. (Adjoining skin helps to fill it in.) But many people claim that it does help with pore size so I'll be cautiously optimistic. I'm older than most of you, and as you age, large pores only look worse.

Hey there.. I have had 8 treatments spread over 2 years. My last treatment was last February, so over 8 months ago. I've had about a 35% improvement in my scars by my judgement from my pre and post pics. Also, many of my friends have told me they can tell a huge difference; but most importantly, I can tell a difference.

While I don't believe fraxel is the silver bullet by any means, I think that it can provide some improvement. Personally, I think doctors who say you will get the improvement you want from 4 or 5 treatments should be shot. Lets say more in the range of 20 to 25 treatments. From my experience, that is the number of treatments I think it would take to get to a point where I'm very happy.

I can't believe some of the prices people are paying, fly to Overland Park Kansas, save yourself some money. I get my full cheeks done for around $320 a session. It was initially about $425 per session, but after your 1st 4, he gives you a 25% discount on all future sessions.

Sean

I've seen pictures that show amazing results on light rolling scars, very shallow pits and scarred pores. For 30% improvement in those areas, I am very inerested in having Fraxel done next year. But for my deeper scars and other problems, however, I'm gonna go into it not expecting much improvement. If I get ANY, I'll be happy. Subsicion and fillers will probably help me most.

I think the most important thing is to have very conservative expectations, and then make your decision whether or not to go forward.