Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TeenQueen

Please Help Me!

Hi, my name is Rachel and I'm 14. I have always had a problem with acne, it runs in my family. It got even worse when I got my period, moving on to my shoulders. Right now I'm on Tetracycline, soon to go on Minocycline to finish up the job. My scarring is like little brown freckles on my cheeks and forehead. A little on my chin. Indentation isn't a problem, I don't think, because I can use makeup on my cheeks and the spots don't show up as much. I've been on Tetracycline for 6 weeks and improved a lot. But I'm still breaking out a bit. What I want to know is if this "freckling" is easily dealt with. I'm very self-concious about this and I need advice and help from a pro. I started to slowly break out when I was 12...and of course, I used what all my friends did that dealt with their pimples. Clearisil, Stridex...everything. But of course, when I turned 13 - unlike my friends, my pimples evolved into ACNE. I tried the Regimen for a while, but it didn't work for me, so I went to the dermatologist.

When my make-up is on, no one notices- but they don't have to look at me in the mirror after I wash my face.

Help me!!

Thank you so much.