Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pknsgirl

yet another scarring question....=}

:rolleyes:

I am currently at the two and a half week point on 20mg. im wondering if anyone has had experience with having cysts/nodules on accutane that DIDNT scar. the acne on my face is weird. i can go a month with clear skin, but when i get a breakout they get ugly. my face has been ok lately, mainly just what i think is the beginning of my skin purging. BUT yesterday i gently popped a small clogged pore, and today i have a medium size nodule next to my nose. first and last time i touch my skin while on this stuff!! i hear ppl say how getting these increases chances of scarring while on accutane. if i dont pick and it doesnt scab, is there a possibility it wont scar since its early in my treatment?

The only times I ever scar are when I pick. Even when I was on Accutane: the only time I scarred while on Tane was when I picked.

Be so gentle with your skin, keep it nicely moisturized and it will likely behave itself.

Good luck on your course! :)

You probably don't want to hear this, but I got most of my scars while on accutane. It didn't pop or pick either. Guess I just had bad luck? Then again I had the worst breakouts of my life while on it.