Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

I'm a busy guy, Do I really need to wait 5-15 minutes?

I'm really busy most of the time in the morning, and usually too tired at night to wait 5-15 minutes in between the washing/BP/Lotion phases.

Is it really that important that I want that allocated time for my pores to supposedly close? Is my BP going to be less effective if I put it on within 3 minutes of my washing phase? Same goes from the BP to lotion phase, I only wait like 2 minutes

I used to just do the whole thing in 3mins but it does pay to take your time. I found it was more effective if you waited 10mins after cleansing before putting on BP and 10 mins after that before putting on moisturizer.

If you say you're a busy man in the morning, why not just get up earlier? Your skin will look at its worst when you first get up, so the earlier you get up and shower etc, the better yowill look when you turn up at school/work/whatever. smile.gif

I used to just do the whole thing in 3mins but it does pay to take your time. I found it was more effective if you waited 10mins after cleansing before putting on BP and 10 mins after that before putting on moisturizer.

If you say you're a busy man in the morning, why not just get up earlier? Your skin will look at its worst when you first get up, so the earlier you get up and shower etc, the better yowill look when you turn up at school/work/whatever. smile.gif

my skin is always oily and nasty looking in the morning, then a shower shows all my blemishes and stuff. by the time i apply my mask and gel my hair i look a lot better.

I'd be interested in doing a comparative study with some people who wait and some people who do not. At this point, we're just going on trial and error.

I think the important thing is that your skin has time to dry completely after washing. If this only takes 3 minutes for you, that's fine. I feel like the bp absorbs better if I wait longer.

You want to wait for the bp to be totally absorbed before applying the moisturizer, so again, if this happens quickly for you, so much the better. For me it takes a good 5 minutes.

-Dan