Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaz (charlotte)

acne and my sisters wedding and scared the makeup will bring it back

hey guys its my sisters wedding on saturday. i'm bridesmaid and am going to be finally wearing foundation as i havent worn any properly in ages coz my skin has been going good on accutane. I have no active spots and jsut red marks which cover ok wit foundation.

I'm 19 female. Am so scared that the acne will come bcak if i have foundation on all day :( dont want them to come back!! any advice or words of hope lol?

Love chzzy xxx

Well, firstly, wish you best of luck...secondly...whether or not you will break out again has many factors....depends on what type of makeup it is really...now I could say one day would do no harm as soon as you wash your face asap! But...I don't know. Just do what you gotta do and pray it all goes well...sorry but thats the best advice there is...What makeup are you going to use?

Good Luck

Jessica

Did you finish Accutane or are you on Accutane?

I'm in month 3 on Tane and my mild acne cleared/stopped in month one. I wear Laura Mercier Tinted Moisteriser everyday - haven't had any breakouts. Either way, wear an oil free formula.

Good luck and have fun.

Yvette

Well, firstly, wish you best of luck...secondly...whether or not you will break out again has many factors....depends on what type of makeup it is really...now I could say one day would do no harm as soon as you wash your face asap! But...I don't know. Just do what you gotta do and pray it all goes well...sorry but thats the best advice there is...What makeup are you going to use?

Good Luck

Jessica

I'm in month 3 on Tane and my mild acne cleared/stopped in month one. I wear Laura Mercier Tinted Moisteriser everyday - haven't had any breakouts. Either way, wear an oil free formula.

Good luck and have fun.

Yvette

Hey Charlotte, please try not to worry about wearing your make up all day. I wear a thick liquid foundation everyday (colorstay) and i do not break out from it. Just make sure you get yourself a good foundation which does not break you out and does not clog pores. As someone said you could maybe use just a tinted moisturiser for the day and maybe with a little concealer so you can concentrate on your red marks more than your whole face. Maybe look into mineral make up as it looks natural and not a lot of people break out from it. It's also good for your skin as there are no chemicals (stay away from Bare Minerals if you do).

Good luck with the rest of your accutane course, well done on doing 7.5 months already. Just try not to worry about your skin on the day and enjoy yourself. Also post pics!!!! I love weddings. :)

Just finished my 5 months course and started using Aubrey Nicole! Its awesome...its cheap to just do starter kits or samples! Best of Luck!!

Hey there Charlotte,

Yes, I'm still on Tane. I'll be on for a 6-8 month course. A little longer since I'm doing low dose. I do love the results so far. Glad you are too. I don't think a day or so wearing makeup will give you acne. I wear makeup everyday. Off Tane, I would breakout here and there, but if you are on Tane I'd think it's preventing them. If you don't want to wear much makeup - just wear some shimmer or a little bronzer. That will add a nice glow. By the way, what dosage have you been on?

Talk to ya soon.

Yvette

Good luck and have fun.

Yvette

Hey Yvette, I'm on month 7 and a half :) things are going ok. My back is clear and my face is nearly there. i have no bumps or anything!! just red marks!! but i still have a few black heads sprouting and i'm scared that they will come up after wearing the makeup. I guess i shouldnt worry about it. Its so silly tho...I'm practically clear...yet i still worry about my face. I wish my skin was ok and then woudnt have to worry!! Ru still on the tane? Thanks for your reply xxx

20 mg the whole time and i am pleased with the results :) just been for my nails doing at the salon and my eye brows plucking..not waxing!! what dosage r u on?

love chazzy

Hey Charlotte,

I'm on 20mg day also. I'm on month 3. I *may* be moving to 30mg next month for the remaninder of the course. How long will you be on Tane? I hear at lower doses like us we need to be on a little longer, but that's cool. The side effects are a lot less I think.

Take care and thanks for your info. too.

Yvette

Hey Charlotte,

I'm on 20mg day also. I'm on month 3. I *may* be moving to 30mg next month for the remaninder of the course. How long will you be on Tane? I hear at lower doses like us we need to be on a little longer, but that's cool. The side effects are a lot less I think.

Take care and thanks for your info. too.

Yvette

hey guys its my sisters wedding on saturday. i'm bridesmaid and am going to be finally wearing foundation as i havent worn any properly in ages coz my skin has been going good on accutane. I have no active spots and jsut red marks which cover ok wit foundation.

I'm 19 female. Am so scared that the acne will come bcak if i have foundation on all day :( dont want them to come back!! any advice or words of hope lol?

Love chzzy xxx

Hey Charlotte,

I will be on Accutane for atleast a 6 month course. I hope to do a few extra months since I'm on low dose and want to ensure a good cummulative dose. I think 8 or 9 months would be great. I didn't understand what you meant when you were crying about going up in higher dose, was it because Accutane made you more emotional or you were crying because you didn't want to go up in dose? Accutane has made me occassionally moody, but this is offset by the good results so far.

I live in the U.S. near San Francisco. Do you have a good Derm? What brand of Accutane are you on- is it RoAccutane? I'm on the generic Sotret. It's good. My side effects are mild - like low dose.

Have a good day and talk to ya soon.

Yvette