Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goodlife

Please rate me What should i use?

I have posted in the Red mark forum, but not much response.

I dont know what to use for my face, I have Red marks and scars and I still get spots.

Ive been looking into AHA cleansers, and someone suggested a toner.

You can hardly see your acne in that pic

For red marks, I find an AHA and BHA peel works great, but it takes time... I'm about to try a homemade version of the aspirin mask which apparently decreases marks from the first use...I'll let you knwo how that goes

Ok, I'm still learning everything about skin, but I will try to tell you what the difference is.

The salicylic acid exfoliator would be a BHA (Beta-Hydroxy Acid). It will typically benefit someone with blackheads, whiteheads, and somewhat inflammatory acne. I would actually NOT reccommend that one because it has SD Alcohol 40, which is very irritating, and it is one of the upper ingredients.

The glycolic acid cleanser would be my first choice. Glycolic acid is an AHA (Alpha-Hydroxy Acid). A lot of people use it for red marks, and it also effective for treating uneven sloughing of skin cells.

Before buying anything, make sure that the pH is right. If you can't find it on the site, look for a number to call, the company SHOULD know what the pH of the products is. If it isn't right, the product will NOT WORK. I learned a lot from both these threads, and I would suggest reading them, they helped me a lot.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Why-skin-...nt-t144725.html

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/View-Memb...ile-m55491.html <<<I especially love lorrie's posts, she's very well-informed.

Hope I helped (I still suggest getting a second opionion from someone else)

By the way, you have really great skin in that pic (and you don't look too drunk ;) )

Thankyou very much you have been very helpful.

Its mainly the dark red marks, which dont seem to go, you should be able to make the out in that picture, i think ill try some glycolic acid, but is 10% too much?

No, 10% is a rather low dose. You can buy higher concentrations (35%, 50%, 60%) on Amazon and eBay. Those higher concentrations are more for peels. 10% in a cleanser will not provide results as quickly as a peel twice a month (which you can buy off the sites i mentioned above). 10% should be good for daily use.