Notifications
Clear all

shea butter

MemberMember
(@cave)

Posted : 01/11/2004 9:51 pm

has anyone use shea butter as a moisturizer? i have karite gold shea butter infused with bergamot and myrrith.i live in nyc and it's freezing here, so i think i may need a moisturizor. i don't break out anymore really i have some pimples but i have alot of redness and minor scarring. and since it the winter my skin is extremley dry flaky and tight. so if anyone has used shea butter please post. also does it make you break out? or does anyonehave any other recommendations for moisturizing?

MemberMember
(@phoqoo)

Posted : 01/11/2004 10:59 pm

I use carley's moisturizer, which has both jojoba oil and shea butter, and it never breaks me out. In fact, it is probaby the main reason for keeping me clear (I used to have very moderate acne). Supposedly Jojoba oil keeps pores clear and reduces sebum production. She butter has vitamins A and E. Some people on this site have broken out on shea butter, other people say that it has done wonders for their skin. You should probably try it on a small area first before using it on your whole face.

MemberMember
(@xgamerx)

Posted : 01/11/2004 11:05 pm

Know this.... Shea Butter with Bergamot and Myrhh is the best moisturizer on this planet. I have been using it for roughly 3 months now. It doesnt break me out at all, but instead it actually prevents breakouts better than anything else I have ever tried. Pimples literally will not form at all if I put shea butter on. It makes my face look amazing. My skin tone is the evenest it has ever been, ALL i repeat ALL my red marks are faded. I no longer have any acne, only some razor bumps. My acne treatment (which involves lots of shea butter) is a god send. Changed my life, literally. Use the shea butter....use it and love it.

Hope Shea Butter with Bergamot and Myrhh helps you as much as it has helped me, I dont go a single day without putting it on. If I don't put it on, I actually feel like I am cheating myself of what my skin needs. I have tried my acne treatment with and without shea butter, with shea butter it works far better. I have reccomended it to my family and friends. Many of them tried it and loved it....so....um....ya...its good stuff.

Oh Note that several people on this board (2-3) reported the shea butter breaking them out. Either they are hallucinating or they are a completely different species than I am, because it has never once ever been anything less than great for me.

MemberMember
(@shyguy31)

Posted : 01/11/2004 11:51 pm

Hey XGamerX, just wondering what your acne was like before you started using the shea butter. And also, how long did it take to get rid of your red marks?

MemberMember
(@botchla)

Posted : 01/12/2004 8:11 am

shea butter finally turned my face bad.. it took ages but it finally did it.. after about probably a month it started getting bad, then i stopped. it took a while for the damage to be done, now i have all these clogged pores a kind i have never had before using the shea butter. they're bumps but they have nothing in them at all. just kinda like swollen skin or something.

i will also note that my skin had absolutely no problems before using the shea butter and as soon as i started using it, in a few days i noted that a had a few little tiny bumps under the skin which i didnt' normally had. i thought it was just random, but they kept growing in number. when i stopped using the shea butter it took time for my skin to shed all of these bumps out, but it's starting to again now that i've stopped.

MemberMember
(@njacobs)

Posted : 01/12/2004 5:44 pm

shea butter finally turned my face bad.. it took ages but it finally did it.. after about probably a month it started getting bad, then i stopped. it took a while for the damage to be done, now i have all these clogged pores a kind i have never had before using the shea butter. they're bumps but they have nothing in them at all. just kinda like swollen skin or something.
MemberMember
(@leah_felice)

Posted : 01/12/2004 11:08 pm

Oh no botchla! I stopped using shea butter too...I hated the way it smelled, and I couldn't go to sleep with my face feeling greasy. It never broke me out, but I still just gave up on it. Plus, I got put on accutane(blah) and the grains hurt my face. MAN...sounds like more people break out from it than get better. I'm sorry guys! #-o

MemberMember
(@xgamerx)

Posted : 01/12/2004 11:54 pm

Uhhh...Botchla, according to XGamerX, you must be hallucinating. Well, I guess I was hallucinating as well when my face broke out worse than it had in a year shortly after I started using shea butter. :-k

MemberMember
(@phoqoo)

Posted : 01/13/2004 5:09 pm

I've had very positive results with my moisturizer containing shea butter. I used to have 20 small zits and a few bigger ones, but am almost clear except red marks (all I use is carley's cleanser, soap, moisturizer, and occasionally an AHA)

MemberMember
(@botchla)

Posted : 01/13/2004 7:07 pm

how long have you been using it?

MemberMember
(@phoqoo)

Posted : 01/13/2004 11:32 pm

I've been doing my regimen for 5 months. I stopped for a month just to experiment to find a way to get rid of my red marks, but i noticed that my skin was super flaky and a few zits started coming back. *Sigh* I have asian skin, and supposedly red marks take years to go away for us =/. under a florescent light, i can easily count 100 small dots, no exaggeration. I can fade them a bit and minimize them into small dots, but they stay there forever. Tried mandelic, salicylic, eucerin (which i still use), but no luck.

MemberMember
(@malia)

Posted : 01/14/2004 1:25 pm

phoqoo

i have asian skin too and i get super red if a pimple pops up and then it leaves a dark brown pigment mark. so even if the pimple is gone it still looks like it is still there. accutane helped a lot but i've never had success with it in the long run. does the shea butter get rid of pigment marks?

anybody tried Palmer's shea butter?

MemberMember
(@xoxodori24)

Posted : 05/12/2013 6:16 am

I think the reason that everyone is breaking out us because you guys are not useing the right type of Shea butter. First I will start if by saying there are two products that are marketed as Shea butter. One is yellow and one is like white color. I recently found out the yellow one is actually African butter NOT shea butter .... Idk what that is suppose to do. The white one is the only real shea butter. When you buy shea butter the only ingrident should be shea butter. Nothing added. I'm pretty sure everyone that is buying "shea butter" buys a store brand or whatever that adds stuff in it. So it's not natural shea butter. The picture below shows the African butter (yellow) and the Shea butter (white). That is the Shea butter you should buy the white one . And I would like to say I started using this last night on my face and it feels soo nice. Just take a little piece and let it melt in your fingers by rubbing it together and rub into your skin. I hope it will help fade my dark acne spots. Wish me luck

I forgot to add the picture

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&espv=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Images&sa=X&ei=RHiPUbT7N9eu4AOq4IH4Aw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&q=shea%20butter&biw=320&bih=416&sei=oXiPUdbqAfio4AP6loGwCg#biv=i%7C9%3Bd%7Cweowc6mlrV70YM%3A