Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paf

please help - Severe acne

I recently went to my gp after coming to the decision that my skin is getting worse. one side of my face is worse than the other. i have alot of redness and a cyst on my cheek which sometimes goes smaller then comes back, it is filled with pus when i press the cyst the pus pours out from an hole near my chin. The doctor said i have got severe acne and gave me tetralysal 300 and duac once daily gel, I have been taking the tablets and applying the gel for less than two weeks, the GPs now given me an antibiotic flucloxacillin which i am about to start. my skin is really gettin me down although it isnt extremely bad. i have never really suffered with spots but the last year or so i have seen my skin get worse. when the boil is bad my cheek seems to swell but by night time it could be smaller again. i would jUst like to know how long you guys think it would take for it to clear up and what i could do to possibly help my skin aswel as the medication. i have been drinking water alot and im trying my best not to pick the spots and squeeze the boil. i know people who have perfect skin who have suffered with severe spots when they was younger but any advice would be greatly appreciated. i am becoming house bound with this problem and would just like a prediction of how long the medication takes to work and also if my skin could be perfect again.

ty for reading.

Hey, I have severe acne as well but a lot of cysts and i got flucloxacillan from my doc. Took 500mg 2 times a day as directed and didn't see any difference. Flucloxacillin is used mainly to treat folliculitis so if you don't have that then you won't see much improvement. I only really got it so i could rule the possibility of folliculitis as the cause to my acne.

I don't know anything about that medication.

My recommendation is 1) make sure it isn't an allergy as my horrible cystic acne turned out to be, and 2) diet and supplements.

My regimen is in my signature. see also the nutrition board.

i was jsut wondering how long it would take for the antibiotics to get rid of the cyst, if anybody knows