Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
conf22

Back on antibiotics

So I have mild->moderate acne. I have tried all the topicals, they help but won't clear me up completely. I have used doxy before and it cleared me up. I stopped after 1 bottle (just didn't bother to see the doctor since my acne wasnt bad anymore) and after a few months -> 1 year my acne is back. Am now on tetracycline ... how long do you think it takes to go into effect? Is it different for everyone? Also, is it a known fact that it will cause an initial outbreak?

Get off of all prescriptions! They are not worth it in the long run... I tried this pill, along with dozens of other pills and topical treatments. At one point my face was clear... so the derm took me off of tetra and 3 weeks later everything came back. Not only that but because I had taken so many different pills and topical medications I developed a rare/deadly digestive disease which took a year to diagnose and link back to all the acne remedies. Find a natural way.... prescriptions are not as safe as you think.

Get off of all prescriptions! They are not worth it in the long run... I tried this pill, along with dozens of other pills and topical treatments. At one point my face was clear... so the derm took me off of tetra and 3 weeks later everything came back. Not only that but because I had taken so many different pills and topical medications I developed a rare/deadly digestive disease which took a year to diagnose and link back to all the acne remedies. Find a natural way.... prescriptions are not as safe as you think.

I'm using both topical treatments (basic cleanser + salicyclic acid pads) to clean as well as these antibiotics. This is keeping me decently clear, and I am pretty sure my acne is only during these teenage years of my life (will be turning 20 soon), so hopefully the antibiotics can hold off the acne until I grow out of it.

Besides antibacterial properties tetracyclines have anti-inflammatory effect. You can discuss with your doctor about doxycycline 20 mg dosage (it is subantimicrobial dose and does not produce side effects as usual 100 mg) as maintenance therapy. Clinical studies support the effectiveness of this therapy for moderate condition.