Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_19

Yasmin is making my acne worse

Hey everyone,

I recently started taking Yasmin, (im on my second pack now) but immediatly I notice im getting huge cystic pimples !! I had mild acne before but I would never get cystic pimples and they hurt!! I heard cystic pimples are hormonal so do u think it could be because of the pill? I don't know if i should get off the pill or just hang on. I'm hearing good things about it on the site but it's making me get pimples i never used to get !! On of off? Someone help please!! :(

How long ago did you start? You are probably having an initial breakout right now which is 1000% normal. You need to give your body AT LEAST 3 months to adjust. Good luck, I hope you clear up :pray:

Hey everyone,

I recently started taking Yasmin, (im on my second pack now) but immediatly I notice im getting huge cystic pimples !! I had mild acne before but I would never get cystic pimples and they hurt!! I heard cystic pimples are hormonal so do u think it could be because of the pill? I don't know if i should get off the pill or just hang on. I'm hearing good things about it on the site but it's making me get pimples i never used to get !! On of off? Someone help please!! :(

Hey everyone,

:wavey: Yes the same thing happened to me. Since stopping Yasmin and not drinking skim milk I havent had cystic pimples, just pustules

I'd recommend changing pills. This happened to me with Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. I had some mild breakouts when I started and by the end of the 2nd pack I had severe acne. I finally figured out the pill was making it worse and switched after the 2nd pack. Pills can cause breakouts, but if you experience a severe increase in acne you should probably try a different pill.

Hey everyone,

:wavey: Yes the same thing happened to me. Since stopping Yasmin and not drinking skim milk I havent had cystic pimples, just pustules

I'd recommend changing pills. This happened to me with Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. I had some mild breakouts when I started and by the end of the 2nd pack I had severe acne. I finally figured out the pill was making it worse and switched after the 2nd pack. Pills can cause breakouts, but if you experience a severe increase in acne you should probably try a different pill.

I want to change but I don't know if i should give it more time??????? :( I heard Yasmin is good for acne that's why I went on it , if i switch I don't know which pill to switch too

Hey everyone,

shoud I stop taking it as well?

How long have you been on the pill though? Remember... its very common to have an IB if you first start.

I'm on my second pack now. at first it was fine but 3 weeks in things started getting really bad, during my period was bad and after my period (now) im still breaking out, it's horrible.

ya i was thinking maybe it's just an IB but is it just an IB if i get cystic pimples when i never used to before? :(

How long have you been on the pill though? Remember... its very common to have an IB if you first start.

I'm on my second pack now. at first it was fine but 3 weeks in things started getting really bad, during my period was bad and after my period (now) im still breaking out, it's horrible.

ya i was thinking maybe it's just an IB but is it just an IB if i get cystic pimples when i never used to before? :(

maybe i dont have hormonal acne??

I think most acne is hormonal. I would hate to see the pill make you go from mild acne to moderate acne though :comfort: Mine went from moderate to even more moderate lol

I think most acne is hormonal. I would hate to see the pill make you go from mild acne to moderate acne though :comfort: Mine went from moderate to even more moderate lol

I don't know what I should do??!! i feel ugly n crappy n my face hurts...

:wall::wall::wall:

Keep taking yasmin and possibly get even more cystic pimples, maybe eventually get better.. maybe get good skin... BUT maybe not

or stop taking it ??

I don't know what I should do??!! i feel ugly n crappy n my face hurts...

:wall::wall::wall:

Keep taking yasmin and possibly get even more cystic pimples, maybe eventually get better.. maybe get good skin... BUT maybe not

or stop taking it ??

omg! the same exact thing is happening to me!

except i'm on ortho tricyclen, the first month was fine -- but when i started the "sugar pills" during my last week of my first pack, i started breaking out EVERYWHERE, especially my chin area. huge boils :( and i seem to have grown a lot of closed comedones overnight... i usually break out before my period, so it was no biggie, but it usually clears up aftewards.

but now i'm onto my second pack of ortho tricyclen and it's just getting worse and worse. i'm really frustrated. i'm also on spiro 100mg and taz (which i just restarted a few days ago because i'm getting annoyed by the bc, lol)

please help!

Cupcake - I would stay on one pill for 6 months. You might need additional spiro also. My daughter's experience was bad on ortho-tri-cyclen. She gave it 5 months and then went on accutane cause her acne got so bad. Accutane was also a bust. She noticed a change immediately on Yasmin in the first month. By the 2nd month her derm added 25 mgs. of spiro and then in the 3rd month, 25 mgs. more. She was significantly better by 4 months and clear in 6. She also is using retin-a cream which works well for her. Also, doryx which I wish she would get off but she is afraid to tweak the "magic formula". This combo has been working well for her. She still gets zits from time to time in one area but things are much more manageable now. Who prescribed the bc pills for you? I would suggest reading the book "The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman" by Geoffrey Redmond. You can find it on Amazon. Or visit his website at www.hormonehelpny.com I go back to his book all the time. It's pretty interesting stuff.

Well maybe give it some more time. For me, my acne got much worse by the 2nd week of the 1st pack of pills and just got progressively worse from there.

I'm so confused, my skin was never this bad before I went on Yasmin... I can live with what I had before, I don't know if i can live with this if it doesnt get better soon and have 6 months of bad skin :|

sweetheart519 - Did your breakouts stop after you stop taking Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo??

I noticed my skin getting worse almost the first month w/ OTC. When I started Yasmin it didn't do that. If it's getting much worse it might not be for you