Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There seems to be a myth in our society that acne is only for teenagers and once you are no longer a teen, you will no longer have acne. If only this myth were true. I can't remember the last time I had clear skin. I am 25 and still dealing with acne. I have oily skin, easily clogged pores and believe my acne is mild to moderate. Throw in a few cysts every now and then. It has gotten better over the years but any kind of acne sucks.

I tried the regimen but I break out easily and moisturizers made me break out something awful. I recently discovered jojoba oil and have been having good luck with that as my moisturizer, although sometimes I wonder if it also clogs my pores and makes my face oilier.

I've had no luck with dermatologists. Tried antibiotics and creams. No treatment has helped much. Some may say I should be thankful that I don't have severe acne. But I'm sick of having any acne at all. I'm also a picker and even like to take a needle to cysts which probably isn't a good idea. I do have some scarring and a few very shallow indentations. I think for the most part I have whiteheads and papules with a few pustules and cysts thrown in.

One dermatologist recommended accutane. I was leary about taking it due to side effects and it worsening my depression. Now I'm wondering if maybe this is the only thing that will help. And then perhaps a chemical peel to deal with my scars.

I usually wash my face once or twice a day with purpose gentle cleansing wash. Sometimes I use witch hazel as a toner to get rid of dirt or traces of makeup if I wear any that day. I usually don't wear makeup though. I've heard conflicting things about witch hazel and whether or not it is good for your skin. At nighttime I will use jojoba oil and then bp.

I also have breakouts on my chest back and upper arms. I have been using a panoxyl bar in the shower and retin-a. It keeps things under control for the most part but I still have some breakouts there. Obviously don't want to use the bp because it bleaches clothing.

There seems to be a myth in our society that acne is only for teenagers and once you are no longer a teen, you will no longer have acne. If only this myth were true. I can't remember the last time I had clear skin. I am 25 and still dealing with acne. I have oily skin, easily clogged pores and believe my acne is mild to moderate. Throw in a few cysts every now and then. It has gotten better over the years but any kind of acne sucks.

I tried the regimen but I break out easily and moisturizers made me break out something awful. I recently discovered jojoba oil and have been having good luck with that as my moisturizer, although sometimes I wonder if it also clogs my pores and makes my face oilier.

I've had no luck with dermatologists. Tried antibiotics and creams. No treatment has helped much. Some may say I should be thankful that I don't have severe acne. But I'm sick of having any acne at all. I'm also a picker and even like to take a needle to cysts which probably isn't a good idea. I do have some scarring and a few very shallow indentations. I think for the most part I have whiteheads and papules with a few pustules and cysts thrown in.

One dermatologist recommended accutane. I was leary about taking it due to side effects and it worsening my depression. Now I'm wondering if maybe this is the only thing that will help. And then perhaps a chemical peel to deal with my scars.

I usually wash my face once or twice a day with purpose gentle cleansing wash. Sometimes I use witch hazel as a toner to get rid of dirt or traces of makeup if I wear any that day. I usually don't wear makeup though. I've heard conflicting things about witch hazel and whether or not it is good for your skin. At nighttime I will use jojoba oil and then bp.

I also have breakouts on my chest back and upper arms. I have been using a panoxyl bar in the shower and retin-a. It keeps things under control for the most part but I still have some breakouts there. Obviously don't want to use the bp because it bleaches clothing.

I think you should try accutane. You have had acne for far too long! My friend is taking accutane and she doesn't mind the side effects much. As long as you can stand having your blood drawn once a month, I say GO FOR IT!

On another note, you should be using a BP gel or cream because the soap doesn't let the BP soak in, so it is almost completely useless!!

Jojoba oil does break out some people. Maybe you should stop using it and see what happens. I agree, go on accutane, you seem like you are a good candidate and ocassionally having cysts is not good. Plus you have backacne and arm acne as well. I don't have cysts, I have mainly papules and pustules and my acne type is from mild to moderate and I take accutane as well.

Depression on accutane is quite rare, if you do suffer from it, do discuss with your doctor before deciding on whether you want to take the drug. Most of the time, depression itself comes from the acne we have and once acne is gone, we get better. This is so in my case, I actually felt more depressed with acne and once on accutane because it cleared me up fast, gave me my confidence back. I really thank accutane for it.

As for the side effects, I don't have much. I have been taking accutane a little over a month now and all I see is clear skin, dry lips and mild flaking of skin that comes on and off which are more easy to handle as compared to a face with acne. Check out my log if you want to know how I am doing.

Good luck!

Of course I eat different things every day, for breakfast I usually eat cereal or oatmeal. For lunch some type of sandwich or leftovers. And for dinner some type of meat and vegetables. Sometimes i'll have a little ice cream or a brownie.

I can't use the bp gel on my back because I refuse to bleach all of my clothing. As it is I think I have ruined some shirts due to the bp on my face overnight.

I think for the most part the jojoba oil has helped. But since my skin sucks it probably causes breakouts occasionally if it isn't rubbed in enough.

If I ever find a decent job with health insurance I will look into accutane. At this point I think it is cost prohibitive. Anything else I can try for now?

Of course I eat different things every day, for breakfast I usually eat cereal or oatmeal. For lunch some type of sandwich or leftovers. And for dinner some type of meat and vegetables. Sometimes i'll have a little ice cream or a brownie.

I can't use the bp gel on my back because I refuse to bleach all of my clothing. As it is I think I have ruined some shirts due to the bp on my face overnight.

I think for the most part the jojoba oil has helped. But since my skin sucks it probably causes breakouts occasionally if it isn't rubbed in enough.

If I ever find a decent job with health insurance I will look into accutane. At this point I think it is cost prohibitive. Anything else I can try for now?

Im no expert but it might be a diet problem, eating fish, white meat and eggs may help, i saw this show on TV and looked up their website:

# Good foods for your skin are proteins in the form of eggs, chicken and oily fish. Get plenty of Vitamin C from sources such as kiwi and passion fruit, sweet potatoes and berries.

# Go easy on citrus fruits, tomatoes, spicy foods, alcohol, and tea and coffee. All these can aggravate your skin if you are prone to inflammatory conditions.

http://www.five.tv/programmes/dietdoctor/s...cts/s2episode1/

If you're on a budget, trying a water only regimen may help, it works for me, i used to spend way too much on cleansers, pore strips, scrubs etc etc etc, when what i needed was water only. I have moderate acne, but my friend had severe really bad acne, and our derm recommended water only washing, and it really helps. :D