Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetaylor

Whats the difference between aqeuous gel and alcoholic gel

Hey people

Im looking to get some Panoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide, I saw 3 different versions: aquagel, acnegel and a cream version.

Whats the difference between aqeuous gel and alcoholic gel (acnegel) and the cream version. Which one is the best and which one is suitable for my type of skin (oilyish)

Cheers

As you may know, aqueous gel is water based and alcohol based is alcoholic based. And the cream version is just for sensitve skins.

Since you have oily skin, i would recommend using the alcholic based panoxyl at night, and the aqueous based gel in the day time.

At night, the alcholic based version will irritae more, but you'll be sleeping, and the water one wont so that will be good for the day time :)

and leave teh cream based one lol

As you may know, aqueous gel is water based and alcohol based is alcoholic based. And the cream version is just for sensitve skins.

Since you have oily skin, i would recommend using the alcholic based panoxyl at night, and the aqueous based gel in the day time.

At night, the alcholic based version will irritae more, but you'll be sleeping, and the water one wont so that will be good for the day time :)

and leave teh cream based one lol

thanks!

Can I ask one more question...have you ever tried using vinegar. Ive got lots of bacne dark marks, ive heard that vinegar is good for clearing them but im not sure how to apply it properly.

Has anyone else tried it?

iv tried Apple Cider Vinegar, but i soon dropped it when my friends started saying "i smell vinegar"

but if you mix it with an essential oil like lavender, it'll smell fine. Plus since your using it for your back, you wont have a problem with the oily nature of lavender.