Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have two small warts on my hand and was curious to hear any homemade remedies that do the trick of getting rid of them.

I know a product that works a treat but its just so expensive to buy it for two small warts.

Any suggestions?

duct tape - not natural, but it is homemade :D Wash, apply duct tape, leave it on till it's starts to come off on it's own (couple of days). Replace if the wart isn't gone yet.

duct tape - not natural, but it is homemade :D Wash, apply duct tape, leave it on till it's starts to come off on it's own (couple of days). Replace if the wart isn't gone yet.

yup - the theory is that the duct tape causes the immune system to be prompted into action. I've not actually tried this - but I know people who've had good results. You could put a band-aid over the top of the duct tape so ppl don't think you're wacko :lol:

its not pleasant, but I had to do this a long time ago when I was out of work and had no insurance for medical care - pee on them. Seriously. Google it, you'll see what I mean..urine is actually a huge help in treating them. it worked like a charm for me and I never get them anymore.

strangely enough...

You could take it a step further and thinly peel a potatoe and take the skin and put it under the duct tape(In this instance the duct tape is just holding the slice on). Do this every night until it falls off(It doesn't shrink, it just turns black and falls off).

The theory I heard about duct tape is it smothers it and kills it. How does duct tape make your body alert to infection? :think:

I also heard about banana peel being taped on over night for a couple weeks.

I've tried numerous methods because I thought I had a wart, but the doctors have no clue what the bump on my thumb is :shrug:

My boyfriend has warts on his toes. He tried the ductape method, however it didnt work (for him at least). Go ahead and try it.

Now, we are putting Vitamin C onto his warts (buy Vitamin C tablets, crush them and add a few drops of water to make a thick paste). Tape the thick paste to your wart. The vitamin C is a light acid which will make your skin start peeling, HIGHLY disturbing the wart.

I've been putting ACV on with cotton wool and sticky tape. It is shrinking it, not sure if it will work though.

Just get some compound W. It's salicylic acid 17% (approximately) and works a treat on warts on the fingers. Don't apply it to warts in other locations without getting specific instructions from a doctor/dermatologist.

It is relatively inexpensive and works quite well. I seem to have 'grown out of' finger warts, or else left the area where the virus mostly was, but I don't get them anymore. I always used Compound W.

I've been putting ACV on with cotton wool and sticky tape. It is shrinking it, not sure if it will work though.

DUCT TAPE WORKS. My old wart doctor actually gave me a routine and everything. You wash and DRY it, put the ductape on to fully cover the wart and a litle of the skin around it. You leave it on for 7 days (replace if necessary within that time) take it off, wash it and dry again, then put it on for another week. Keep doing this until it's completely gone, and I haven't had a wart since.

crap that burn looks bad. I've been applying ACV for the last week, jst using a small bit of cottonwool that covers only the wart. Its turned dark brown now (no vinegar burn on surrounding skin) How much longer must I keep this up before it goes? And did it just fall off for you or shrink?