Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
burtontroop

what are some good lip balms/moisturizers?

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a good lip balm or moisturizer? I have been on accutane for just over 2 weeks now, and my lips are drying out like CRAZY! I use Burt's Bees lip balm with Honey, vaseline, and Blistex with SPF30 (when i go into the sun). They all work okay... but no amazing results. HELP!!!

Hello, I am on Accutane and I would strongly recommend Carmex Lips balm, in a small white tub with a yellow lid, it may seem like you don't get much on it but trust me, it lasts ages. Hope you get it in Canada!

Aquaphor (you can get it at Walgreens, CVS, etc..) or Dr. Dan's Cortibalm (online) works great too :)

Burt's Bees, Aquaphor, Vaseline. Carmex is good, but some formulations have salicylic acid and camphor menthol. Those can be a bit irritating.

hey!

soo I know i posted the question ....

but I am DONE accutane now... and i found that using the "white tub" blistex worked the best!

another thing that REALLLLLLLLLLY helped... was using a lip exfoliator made by "benefit" (bought at sephora).. i used it every 2 nights at first .. then eventually only once a week. it helped a lot!!!!!

it's called "kiss me" ( i think?) .. and it's in a little pink lipgloss tube with a black lid.

i found vaseline and caramex only dried me out more !

I use Aquaphor every night and then Carmex throughout the day, although sometimes I use the original Burt's Bees lip balm if I don't happen to have any Carmex with me.

I might add this as a seperate post but does anyone know of a good lip balm that comes in a stick, not a tub or tube? Basically I horse ride a lot and sometimes you just don't want to apply anything to your mouth using a mucky finger! But this is when I get most dry when im outdoors.

Anything you can buy in the UK would be very helpful!

Oh and on advice I got from a similar thread, I am finding Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream good for lips although it's pricey (my mum already had it fortunately) but I have tried vaseline, carmex, neutrogena immediate repair lip balm, and NOTHING provides any lasting relief

I might add this as a seperate post but does anyone know of a good lip balm that comes in a stick, not a tub or tube? Basically I horse ride a lot and sometimes you just don't want to apply anything to your mouth using a mucky finger! But this is when I get most dry when im outdoors.

Anything you can buy in the UK would be very helpful!

Oh and on advice I got from a similar thread, I am finding Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream good for lips although it's pricey (my mum already had it fortunately) but I have tried vaseline, carmex, neutrogena immediate repair lip balm, and NOTHING provides any lasting relief

I use Vaseline Lip Therapy in cherry flavour. It is in a tube but you don't have to use your fingers. What I have found works well is not to use it to heal but to prevent. I use it before I go to sleep and after I wake up or after I have taken food or cleaned my mouth. It keeps my lips moisturised. I had really dry and cracked lips before and nothing helped. This saved me from pain..LOL

I use this stuff called Lip Doc Balm that I get from my derm's office. It's AWESOME. I don't know if they sell it in stores. There's a website address on the pot (that I peeled off, lol), I can find it if anyone's interested though. It's the only thing that works on my lips on 120mg of claravis daily, without it they peel horribly.

OK, QUESTION!?!?!

I need a lip balm that is NOT SHINY!!! Aquaphor is basically vasaline! Shiny as hell!! HELP!!!!!

blistex blistex blistex everytime

there are two kinds- the hydrating one and the healing one and i use both- but love the healing one!! i use it all the time even whn my lips arent dry lol

it isnt shiny and it isnt sweet and girly- yes i am a girl but i dont want to put soemthing that tastes like a barbie doll on my lips- even if guys mightlike it aha!

yep the healing blisex one should do it!

If your in the UK, I use Boots Hemp lip balm for men, not shiny and very effective. Apaprently builders use it to protect their lips from the wind!!! :)

Try mixing a small amout of jojoba oil into the moisturizer that you put on before you go to bed. Jojoba exhibits many of the same properties as natural sebum therefore it is AWESOME for dry skin. It can be found at your local health food store. It may make your skin look oily which I why i recommended that you use it at night time and maybe not during the day. Even though it has the properties of natural sebum it won't make you break out but it will really help to insulate the moisture in your skin. give it a try!