Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BabsDancer

What works for your lips?

I was just wondering what y'all use for extremely dry lips?? I've heard some people comment about Burt's Bees. Is that one of the best choices?

no, this is totally the right forum to post this question!!

for dry lips, i like to use vaselline if i'm just putting stuff on my lips. i have dry skin in general, so i typically will just put the same moisturizer on my lips at night as i do on my face (cetaphil lotion.) you can try using a lip exfoliator once a week or so too. i like mark kay's.

Burts Bee's is amazing!!! i love love love that stuff. Carmex is almost wonderful too.

I love using plain old cocoa butter. I blow on it to make it melty and just spread a bit on. I got a big tube by Queen Helene from CVS for like a dollar.

I've never understood the hype over Burt's Bees...I hate that stuff. It's too drying.

I use Smith's Rosebud Salve. I buy seven or eight at a time. I have them all over my house...in my bad, my book bag, my kitchen, my bathroom, my bedroom, my car (when it's not death hot outside)...I love that stuff.

Aquaphor (preferable over vaseline), if my lips are super dry.

Burt's Bees if I just want something to protect them, not really add moisture, overnight. Burt's lasts the longest. It doesn't rub off while I'm rolling around at night. In certain circumstances, I also like that it's matte. And it's cheaper than the lip balm I use during the day (see below), so the day balm lasts longer.

I use Neutrogena's tinted lip balm during the day. It has nice, smooth, fairly deep moisturization with a little natural-looking color to even out my lip tone. (Bottom is brighter than the top.)

My lips peel tons, so I exfoliate often (every day/other day) with a cotton ball soaked in warm water.

I use Burt's Bees, but vaseline is what I use when my lips are very dry & usually right before bed.

If it's daytime & I'm out & my lips feel dry, then I also use a Neutrogena tinted lip balm with spf. It's pretty good & looks like a sheer lipgloss.

i use the wet n wild lipgloss that moisturizes, has spf 15, and adds shine to your lips. it comes in a few different colors including translucent. i use the pink one. i think it's called protector pout.

hooters brand chapstick.

i am the definition of a lipgloss whore. i acutally feel my lips burn if i don't have a chapstick with me. no one believes me but i really do feel it.

I like the Paula's Choice Lip & Cuticle Balm. I just wish it came in a smaller tub so it'd take up less space in my purse.

Alba TerraTints. Also, one year a friend of mine gave as Christmas gifts homemade lip gloss, and man oh man that stuff was so good on lips you would not believe. If he didn't live over 1000 miles away I'd harass him more often to send me more.