Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttchic07

NO PICKING!

And you thought you haven't posted in forever? I haven't posted since February 3rd. Eek.

I've been doing terrible. I fell off my routine and picked like crazy and things that should have been left alone. 2 weeks ago it looked like I had herpes on my chin or something, I looked so bad. People were staring at it when they talked to me. Humilating. But certainly my own fault.

So I left things alone *for the most part* and I'm healing... but the problem is that picking that bad for a few days makes new acne form... so even though I seriously cut down on the self-abuse, new pustles kept coming up. I hadn't had pustules in a while, so this is distressing. Of course I've been popping some of them like an idiot... but I think it's slowly getting better, and I'm doing my best to leave it alone.

*sigh* I only have myself to blame.

I started eating a little better gettin rid of most junk food, gotta have a peice or two of something a day tho. I have cut back on picking but i have developed this bad thing where i pick little whitheads or something that isnt really visible and isnt bothering me and turning it into something more, which spreads. We all know that routine!

Started running hopefully every other day. Its just been kinda windy around here and i can not stand the wind and running. My throat and ears just die and my nose starts running and i cant breath.

KEEP BUSY is what i figured is only thing i can do not to pick. Even if your at home do something. Plus get in and out of bathroom as fast as possible, or you will be sucked in by the mirror.

Dest-

I'm so sorry that things aren't working out for you right now. What are you using on your face again? Do you ever exfoliate? And what kind of skin do you have?

For a little while now i have been doing the baby brush method and it is working out so well. My skin is becomming so smooth and clear. I wonder if you would be interested in trying that. The point is to get the dead skin away before it clogs your pores.

I also have been using that Jergen's and after 2 nights- my face and body just looks so much more toned and healthy- and even to boot.

ALso, I have bacne- not a ton, but it is pretty stubborn and some spots can be deep. I am scrubbing it everynight with like a baby brush but rougher for your back- that seems to be working as well- but not as quickly as my face.

Dest I hope things start to look up for you soon!

Just checking in...

I am clear right now with the exception of a few clogged pores that are tiny- at least at the moment, in addition to a small red mark.

Life is good- so I hope it keeps going to way.

I have also been scrubbing my back with a brush and it's clearing up as well. Maybe my key was exfoliaion after all!

I normally use an AHA cream... I was using it nightly and it helped. Then I stopped, and was only washing my face in the mornings... it got WAY better for a while... but then I guess I picked or something and it got bad again. I haven't been able to get back on my AHA routine... I try and use it a couple times a week. I dunno... Mostly I need to stop picking. I just did last night too.

Ever think about *why* you pick? I mean, we know it's bad, we know it causes worse acne... but we still do it... ever notice what causes it? It seems to be boredom and stress mostly for me. And just a bad habit. I tend to do it when I pluck my eyebrows... suddenly the hands are on the face and I'm picking at my damn chin.

I agree with the above comment, about keeping busy. A couple months ago I was writing a HUGE paper. It took up ALL my time for like a month. And my skin was GORGEOUS.

The second I got it turned in, I attacked my face.

Ever think about *why* you pick? I mean, we know it's bad, we know it causes worse acne... but we still do it... ever notice what causes it?

OKAY-

Well I have been perfectly clear for a little bit now with the excpetion of a few clogged pores that no one can see. However this weekend I had a little bit of a breakout.

I had two small clogged pores come out on my cheeks, and then on my left cheek now I have 1 small pimple that is trying to form a whitehead that I just have to wait out, and a larger papule? that dosen't hurt at all under my jaw.

I am thinking that 1. I have not been cleaning my mkeup brushes pretty much at all lately, 2. I haven't really been cleaning the baby brush much either, 3. I have not been moisturizing at night on a regular basis.

Well see

So Monday, after I wrote in this blog and went home from work... I just couldn't wait to pop these 2 on my left side, thinking of course that it would be an easy job.

I felt some pressure coming from that side, which was probably mostly in my mind. So the one on my jaw came out easily as a whitehead and has since healed, but I basically devoured my face over the one on my left cheek. It wasn't quite ready but I still felt pressure and wanted it gone- so I kept picking and trying to squeeze even hours after there clearly was nothing to squeeze. Well, victoriously I got very little out, but then realize that I went from this small pimple that you absolutely couldn't see but slightly hurt, to a hurt red area.

Anyways, so yesterday after work, the area still hurt so I iced it and then put some Polysporin on it and slept that way. There is a very small scab there that is probably a little bit smaller than a dime, but the red area is about the size of a nickel, just becuase I wouldn't give up!

I am pretty upset with myself and hope that I have finally hearned my lesson.

I am also pretty perplexed why I got this pimple in the 1st place because I have not gotten any in a while due to the baby brush. I am about to get my period any day now, so that could have of course added to it.

Well anyways, the are is flat, just red with a thin scab like I said, so I am going to continue to put polysporin on it when at home, and hope it goes away soon. Luckily you can't really see it without makeup on, but it just sucks because for about a month now my face was flawless without makeup, and now I have this big red cheek.

LESSON LEARNED!

I, too, am coming back to this "no picking" deal with renewed conviction. First, my facial hair is getting worse and I want to start getting waxed... which means I can't have any scabs/open wounds on my chin/mustache area. Secondly, I'm getting the cystic acne again. It hurts. And they're coming up in new places (i.e. one on the side of my neck). I realize if I pick these, they will spread like wildfire. So I'm seriously leaving them alone.

I plan on putting toothpaste on a couple to dry them out, and getting back into my AHA routine every night. If it doesn't work or if things worsen, I may go back to the eurythromyacin pags I used in September/October. I hated them at the time; they're abrasive, stink, and made my skin dry and red... but they did cure the acne for a while... We'll see how things go with the AHA first. I gotta remember, if I hate putting alcohol and abrasive things on my skin, what the hell possesses me to attack it when I'm bored/stressed? I need to take that "treat your skin nicely" attitude and apply it to more than cosmetics: to my own hands!

I might very well follow you and try this 'no picking' idea out. Although, unfortunately, this starts with closing this blog - I really want to pick my face!

Just to update:

Things aren't so good right now. I'm not sure what I posted last but I will just say what's going on now.

So I had that one small pimple on my left cheek that was giving me a little pain, so Monday I decided to destroy it, and the plan backfired because it wasn't ready and since then have had a really huge red mark. I also did a similar thing to a small clogged pore on my upper cheek. My left cheek is very red at the moment, and the rest of my face is clear.

I am in grad school and going to this banquet tomorrow night with all my teachers and staff because I was awarded a schoarship. Now this is already intimidating because I don't know anyone, but secondly I don't want my makeup to look bad or to reveal anything underneath.

I put self tanner on tonight so hopefully that will blend it since I'm so pale, and have been keeping polysporin on it. If I was tan I think everything would be okay because at this point it's just a big redmark but since I'm so white everything shows up.

Encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

My face is so red right now and it's extremely depressing. I have two very big red marks that are flat and hopefully healing on my left cheek, a popped pimple healing on my lower left cheek and two under the skin, small at the moment bumps, that I'm sure in this upcoming week will turn into pimples.

On my right cheek I am completely clear.

I am thinking, this might all be brought on by the self-tanner. So I am going back to just doing the baby brush every other day, and moisturizing with complex 15... nothing else.

I just pray that my clear skin returns!

Gosh I look so awful right now.

I have those two huge redmarks healing, then another inflamed redmark healing near my lips, then on my cheek about 3 clogged pores that are redish and will probably be whiteheads by next week. And even with makeup it looks horrible. And then the rest of my face is clear.

I have to go to work in about 30 minutes and just feel so depressed. The whole time at work I have to be around people too so that sucks. I don't know what the heck is happening, to get such a bad breakout, but I have been reading a lot of bad reviews about the Jergens natural glow and how it made people breakout.

It sucks becasue I have a week and a half of school and my internship before I have almost a month of and only will have to be with ppl on the weekends, and it's like why couldn't it have waited until then??

So depressed.

God bless you, I'm sorry and I know how bad it makes you feel. I used to want to stay inside and not even go to the store.

I completely changed everything, threw out all my old makeup. I use Everyday Minerals, not the intensive formula because I've found that covering it up makes it easier to pick later. If I know I can cover it completely, I will pick. I've also accepted that I can still be beautiful and have a zit on my face instead of trying to wear a ton of makeup to hide behind.

I use cetaphil cleanser or water depending on how dirty my face is. I rub a moitened green tea bag over my face 2-3 times a day and drink 4-5 cups of unsweetened decaf green tea.

other than a huge rash from ACV I had 2 badly inflamed places on my face 2 weeks ago, my skin tone has greatly improved and there are NO active inflamed zits.

I find that 2 things help alot, wash your face somewhere without a mirror and cover up mirrors in the bathroom and places where you can pick. I "pick" when I can hide so my makeup mirror is in the kitchen and I put it up when I am done.

I'll keep you in my prayers...I used to make things worse thinking if I could just get to the "core" and pop an inflamed place it would heal faster.. I have finally caught on to this hands completely off rule and I promise those places will heal without you interfering.

This morning I was able to get ready for church without spending 10 minutes trying to cover up my pickfest from the night before....other than red marks from healed places, its clear. Its such a good feeling. I do believe that not using my old kinds of makeup has helped tremendously! Everyday minerals is great.

I couldnt have done this on my own and thank God for helping me each day. If it was just me, I would turn a small zit into a horrible one that takes months to heal. When I think of the ones that did take months to heal up because I kept aggravating them, it makes me even more determined to keep my hands off my face for good.

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you CD-R, that was very encouraging.

Well here is the progress for today. I popped one of those whiteheads on my cheek last night. SO now I have 4 redmarks fading, 2 or which are small scabs, and then 2 clogged pores that will someday this week turn into whiteheads around the middle of my left cheek.

However, the good news, and hopefully it stays this way, is that I don't see anything else coming, so as long as I keep this up then it should clear up by the end of this week or early next week.

Another thing I was thinking about why I was breaking out, is that I haven't been washing my face in the morning for the last few months because I have dry skin. Now this is okay for me, but maybe applying the self-tanner at night and then leaving it on my skin all day until 24 hours later was a big pore clogging?

Well I've been pretty bad with picking/popping this last week. I went to class today trying to be all brave, and one of my friends that I was sitting particularily close to kept looking at the bad area on my cheek when she would talk to me. I left after my 1st class and decided to skip my 2nd since I wouldn't really miss anything.

I really need to get a hold of this. I am a very social person, and hate hiding. I came home and popped the final inflamed spot on my face, and then iced down my cheek all today. Everything is almost level, but definately red. I have two clogged pores left on my left cheek, but at the moment they are not inflamed. I think I also have one on my right cheek.

I have just been doing the baby brush every other day, using the complex 15 once a day and washing with the Purpose soap at night. My right cheek is still completely clear and has been this whole time, which is really weird to have about 6 or more breakouts on one cheek but be perfectly clear otherwise.

Anyways, I just pray for peace!

Well I've been pretty bad with picking/popping this last week. I went to class today trying to be all brave, and one of my friends that I was sitting particularily close to kept looking at the bad area on my cheek when she would talk to me. I left after my 1st class and decided to skip my 2nd since I wouldn't really miss anything.

Of course people will stare but at the end of the day acne will not be the headliners. People usually get over looking at pimples. What they appreciate is when they see some sort of an attempt of people doing something about it. We all hear it from time to time, Wow your face really clearing up. Just don't let acne control your life, you control acne.

Well I really have nothing to complain about right now.. but I will anyway!

OKay so since I stopped using the jergens, my face has really cleared up. I am now using that Sally Hansen spray face tan stuff that has retinol in it and I am basically clear. I have some redmarks still that are fading. On my chin I have some of those tiny little clogged pores, the kind that if you squeeze out comes that little stringy stuff. Well that's no big deal because they are tiny and are removable.

The rest of my face is completely clear, even of clogged pores, except for one clogged pore on my upper left cheek. It has been there since the jergens. I tried to get it out just now-- gently of course, with no avail so I will just wait until it becomes a whitehead and deal with it.

I am going to Florida tomorrow with my friend, and really could not be happier with my skin, it is finally in control.

I am still doing the baby brush every other day and putting Neutrogena sensitive skin sunscreen on everyday. Hopefully this will work in the longrun and everything will be okay... I think the jergens was just TOO pore clogging!

I'm so glad to hear your skin has gotten better. I hope all stays well with it.

Mine, on the other hand, is pretty bad. Mostly my own doing. It reached its worst right after an awards dinner I went to, where I wore some cover-up. Plus I have been picking a lot at all the stuff that happened from the make-up. And I also haven't been exercising.

I have couple new pustules every day, but they aren't too bad once I deal with them, carefully. I have tons of red marks. Tons. And lots of blackheads that are really annoying me too. But I am sticking with the AHA, and I also got those oil-absorbing sheets that are probably helping a tad during the day. I plan to start exercising again either today or tomorrow... it's so hard to start again once you stop. I also need to eat more fruit... that seemed to help.

It's all my own doing.

My issue is also picking. i cant help it. i started today, i am no longer picking or touching my face. my diet is not a problem, i just constantly play with my face. even if i dont have anything il find something. i am kicking this bad habit. like previous said, i would pick at things barely noticeable and create something huge and embarrassing which ultimately leads to feeling depressed.

glad to hear you finally have your face under control!

My skin is at its worst. Ever. I don't know what the hell to do. AHA stopped working, and I don't want to use something so harsh if I'm not seeing results. I tried the baby brush VERY gently ONE TIME and it seemed to irritate my skin. I know it takes practice, but I did some reading and my acne totally follows the pattern of hormonal acne, only it isn't related to my cycle. I just have high testosterone. I've seen it on blood tests, and you can see it in my facial hair and my chin/jawline acne.

Baby brush, BP, AHA, and SA have little to no effect on hormonal acne.

I have an appointment next week with my doctor to try (again) and get on the pill. I hate how they blackmail you into getting a pap smear by holding birth control pills over your head. *sigh*

I seriously don't know what else to do. The pill *should* help, but it's a crap shoot, really. I'm using colloidal silver... it helped for a few days and now, again, it's run its course and my skin is insanely pimply. I haven't been picking *too* much, but I have a little because it aches and itches. I'm miserable. I'm growing a pimple beard. This is so bad. The pain makes it so I can't put my face on my pillow at night, and I can't sleep.

Dest,

I'm so sorry that you aren't doing well at the moment. Hopefully the pill will help. I'm not sure if I have hormonal acne or not, probably, but the baby brush has really worked for me and reduced the amount of clog pores I have.

Currently, I have a few redmarks especially on my chin from picking clogged pores. I am having a big birthday party at my house tomorrow, so I wanted to look really nice for it. I think this stress allowed me to just start picking at myself and now I have 6 or 7 redmarks, none that big, and all coverable my makeup, but last week I looked completely clear so it's a bit of a let down.

Anyways, I'll keep working on keeping my hands off my face and being patient.

Trying not to pick, amidst the itching and aching. But I have found that hot compresses work to bring things to the surface and alleviate the ache. I was always afraid of hot compresses because I had them done on a "pimple" on my knee when I was really young... then we popped it and it hurt like hell. Plus it left a scar. In retrospect, I don't know if it was a pimple, and we popped it way too soon).

I have been using green tea on my face some nights or mornings for its supposed anti-inflammatory properties (works best hot, as in putting a hot tea bag on the face). Then for my other face-washing, I use a gentle moisturizer with SA. Just trying to be gentle and treat the inflammation so that I am less likely to pick.

I got a prescription for the pill! I'll be starting it within the next few days. I'm a little worried because I've heard horror stories about the pill making acne worse, causing weight gain, mood swings, etc. I'll be taking Alesse, or the generic equivalent Aviane or Lutera (my boyfriend works in a pharmacy and says they stopped carrying Alesse...) I'll just have to see how it goes. Alesse is one of the lowest-doses of hormones you can get, but this may not be a good thing.

Hormones and acne go hand in hand. And they have a big thing in common;: what's good for the goose is certainly not good for the gander. Baby brush worked for you, seemed to worsen things for me. Alesse may not work for about 2 dozen people on the internet, but it might work for me.

If it doesn't work out, my doctor should be able to figure out why. I was reading today that certain side-effects are linked to certain hormonal deficiencies or overdoses. So if I get a certain list of side-effects, it should be fairly obvious what step to take next.

All I ask is no MAJOR side effects!

They say it can take 3-6 months to fully see how birth control pills affect my system, including my skin. I've only been taking them for 2 weeks now. On about the 3rd day I had an AMAZING skin day. I had had no new zits for 3 days and the existing ones were not swelling so bad. Plus the itching and aching had stopped, so I hadn't touched my face for a few days. It was amazing.

But that was short lived. My acne isn't like it was a couple weeks ago, but I still get achey, itchy pimples that make me pick... not as many new ones as before, I guess. We'll see where this goes.