Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttchic07

NO PICKING!

I've started using AHA because it's something I haven't tried... BP doesn't work. SA doesn't do much. Natural remedies help a bit, but I still get new pimples. Accutane and similar meds scare me, and my acne isn't THAT bad. Antibiotics helped, but those should not be used long-term. Pretending I have no acne has dire consequences.

So I now wash with Purpose twice a day, apply AHA face cream nightly, and sunscreen in the morning. No moisturizer because I don't currently need it. No more unnecessary stuff. After a little over a week I see improvement... but most things I try cap out at about the 2-3 week mark.

I do have a good feeling about this one though. The improvement has been so substantial and the side effects so light that maybe my skin has a fighting chance. And when I see results like that, I'm less prone to pick. I pick most when I feel like I've exhausted every other option like it'd be easier to just pick all the muck out with my bare hands. I have only picked at a couple things this week, and I kept it to just those couple things.

I also started a photo-journal of the progress... maybe if this works, and if I can see improvement, I'll really knock of the picking.

*sigh* And she fails miserably.

My chin looks better than ever, so what have I been doing? I've been picking at my damn cheek. I don't even want my skin to look good, do I?

Right now I have oen small whitehead forming on my chin, and then probably around 5-10 clogged pores throughout my face. It is pretty good right now I have to say. I am going out of town in a month and would love to look good without makeup by then. Hopefully continued strictness with AHA will help.

The cyclic saga continues. I bitch, I celebrate, I bitch, I celebrate.

Right now I'm celebrating. I have been successful with my latest regimin. I've been sticking to it very well and I'm seeing results and for once, the results seem to be lasting.

I haven't been keeping my skin journal very well, but I do have a picture from 6 days into my regimin and one from 28 days in. And boy do I look better!

My best friend is always full of compliments, but yesterday she said my skin looks REALLY good, without me even bringing it up. She told me it hasn't looked this good in a long time and I better keep doing whatever I'm doing.

Hip hip hooray!

I'm serious about this one. I guess BP and SA just weren't my friends. AHA really works!! I'm not getting new pimples, seriously. I just have my current ones. And none of them are becoming pustules. And all the pink spots are fading and getting smaller!!

And since I can actually see real, lasting healing, I'm not picking so much.

Could my acne have an end in sight?

Hi dest30871

Is the neutrogena oil free sunscreen the same as the neutrogena oil free moisture with 15 spf?

I picked at myself on Friday morning and was sorry after. Anyway trying to keep my hands off my face. I am on a new product called akno natura its an organic & natural product. Its a paste i wash my face with that foams. Been on it for a bit now so hoping it works. I can already see some results but because of the picking i could not use it for the last 3 days.

I was going somewhere and now my own fault has put me 3 steps back again.

I use it before bedtime but in the am I use neutrogena acne face wash.

So wish me luck.

K, picked at this inflamed clogged pore on my cheek and no it has a little scab and is really red and hurts, and nothing came out. I think I might have been doing something very wrong all along... overmoisturizing. I have normal skin without lotion, but for years now I have been using a ton of lotion because I thought it would help with clogged pores. Now I am thinking that I put too much in my pores and clogged them up. So, from now on since my face isn't dry or anything right now, I will use a pea size amount of moisturizer on my face day and night, still including the AHA at night. Besides the new redmark, my face looks clear with the exception of light redmarks and clogged pores on my Tzone... I am going to chill out on the lotion for now and drink more water and report back maybe next week.

Yeah, I took moisturizer out of my routine a couple months ago and I have seen major improvement. I've always had ok skin, except that my forehead and nose get a bit dry during the winter... so why should I moisturize? The moisturizer and picking probably prompted most of my trouble.

You know, I got caught up in this skin-care crap because I have a friend who's like the Barbie I never had, and she has all these rules about skin care and health and beauty and many of them are just false or not appropriate for me. I learned that too late. The more shit you put on your skin, the more you're going to aggravate it. Plain and simple.

Anyway, to answer the other question above, no. My Neutrogena sunscreen is ...not in front of me right now, so I don't have the exact title, but it's not a moisturizer. I think it says "Neutrogena sheer/oil free sunscreen SPF 45"... something to that effect. Since ALL sunscreen has a slight moisturizing effect, even oil free sunscreen, I use it alone and don't moisturize. Sometimes the sunscreen makes me feel a tad oily, but I leave it be, because it's not causing trouble.

I should mention that I have been exercising a lot more too. I do about 20-30 mins cardio 5-6 days a week or so.

I have only gotten about 2 or 3 new pimples recently. One I left alone completely, and it has become much smaller and less red... the other was a big pustule that was ripe, so I popped it and I'm leaving the area alone for the most part. My only issue now is my facial hair problem... it causes me to touch my face, but it's not really leading to much acne right now. I try not to go crazy on it and to just stick to my routine. It's working pretty well. Can't say much else. It's not like everything's gone. I have some scarred-looking areas. Once I can stablize my oil production and get past the point of new growth, I will probably treat the scars with Mederma or vitamin E or something.

My face is a mess right now. I have a big redmark/scab on my right upper check, and then a bunch of redmarks from clogged pores getting infected and small whiteheads forming. I am going out of town in a week tomorrow and I really want to get this undercontrol, but not sure what to change. The good thing is that I don't think I'm getting more clogged pores and the pimples I am getting are from the previous clogged pores, but it just won't stop. I have been reading that oranges can make you break out, and over the last 2 weeks, which is exactly when I started breaking out like this, I have been eating a TON of them. Also, I might lesser the amount of AHA I put on, especially on my previous acne so taht they don't turn red and into scabs.

Oranges? Wow. I would never imagine oranges causing pimples... I thought a fruity diet was beneficial.

I guess just DON'T PICK, and make sure you keep clean hair, clean pillow cases, and don't over-wash or use any new products on your face. Best of luck, my dear.

Thanks Dest,

Yea I got my hair done last week so you know they throw it all in your face when they color and cut it... it makes my skin crawl at the time but I just can't bring myself to tell them to watch it.

It seems that using less moisturizer is helping. I guess the more oil my face on it the more these clogged pores would inflame. So I am trying to find a balance now. Right now I have a few redmarks, one big one especially, and then probably about 20 clogged pores on the sides of my mouth (inner cheeks). I'm not sure however that AHA can stop the production of these completely, and am thinking about adding a BHA product to my morning reg just in these clogged pores spots. I have never used BHA suprisingly so I don't know how it would affect me.

I'm not sure if I should extract these clogged pores or let them come up one by one. I think I should just leave them though becuase since I am so pale, every redmark looks HORRIBLE on me and I know I'll just regret it. By the way I am going out of town in 6 days now and I hope to be looking good by then. I am trying to be patient and let my skin be. But I know that my pores are still clogging so eventually I will have to make a change in my regimen.

Yeah, my skin has gotten a bit worse too, but I'm trying my best to not aggravate it. I am getting boil-like pimples again... deep ones that hurt and never really come to the surface. I left one alone completely and it's still there, just slightly pink... no big deal. One was soooo painful I figured I needed to do something, so I popped it. I just popped it once and left it alone though. I'm not picking or anything. It's a bit red, but it doesn't hurt anymore. I'll take redness over pain.

3 things have been affecting my skin lately. One is holiday foods... I'm not saying sugary/greasy foods are causing pimples; the problem is I get grease on my fingers and then touch my face like a moron.

A second problem is my facial hair. It's seriously out of control lately. I'm plucking it like every other day because there are new, thick hairs popping up. All that touching leads to pimples, and plucking seems to irritate too. I don't want to wax because that means letting the hair grow and grow until it's long enough to be waxed. EWW. I refuse to be the bearded lady. I need to get on birth control or something to fix this.

Third is stress. I just finished finals and went through some drama in my personal life... I broke out during all of that... and my stress reflex is to pick :(. I have been limiting it though. I really have learned a lesson on this blog, don't freaking pick at things that are deep under the skin. So my picking has been limited to blackheads mostly... Still bad, but could be worse.

Oh Dest,

I completely understand where you are coming from... but don't pick at those deep one's, you will only drive them further down and swell the area more. Those are the absolute worst that come when you feel desperate and so stressed. I'm sorry to hear that but I will hope and pray that they go away for you soon.

I am seeming to get more clogged pores. I cut my hair short last week and am wearing a lot of products in it, which seem to be hitting my face right where I am getting these clogged pores. Honestly my acne could be so much worse right now so I am grateful its not, just wish I could go to see my friends in a few days with a clear face, becuase I know their's always are.

CHANGE OF REGIMEN:

Okay, finally came to grips with the fact that the AHA was not quite working. I have clogged pores scattered throughout the lower half of my face and I've been using it now for over 3 months. SO, I started the baby brush method yesterday, and over the last few days have been doing quite a few extractions, gently of course with tissues. Right now my face is looking a lot better. My plan is to use the baby brush twice a week very gently to make sure that all the dry skin is gone, then just use purpose soap and complex 15 moisturizer as normal. I just hope I don't get a breakout from stopping the AHA. I just couldn't continue the AHA because I hate putting topicals on my skin, I've always felt that it makes things worse and that my skin would balance out without it. So I am just trying to keep my skin hydrated and dead skin free as to prevent clogged pores and ultimately blemishes. I'll let you know if anything changes.

K,really don't want to get ahead of myself, but my skin is so much better right now. Lately it has been like 2-4 active whiteheads at all times on my face coming from those clogged pores. Since I got most of the clogged pore out and I used the baby brush, I haven't had any actives. I did quit AHA a few days ago so I am hoping everything goes fine without it. I ordered some Everyday minerals that I will incorporate into my reg next week if everything is fine with my face,and I also want to add this sunscreen that I ordered. My plan is to kind of do it all gradually so if I start breaking out I hopefully will know why. I plan to do the babybrush again either tonight or tomorrow night, because for now I will be doing it twice a week and then adjust if I need to.

Okay, so like I have said, I have dropped AHA for over a week now, and have done baby brush twice, and will do it again tonight for the 3rd time. My face honestly looks so much better. Since I have stopped this, a few tiny whiteheads from clogged pores have come up, but disappeared very quickly, and one medium sized pimple was on my chin that is now a redmark. Anyways, I really hope this keeps up, and I will most likely be doing the baby brush twice a week very lightly.

Been a while since I've updated... I've continued using Purpose facewash with no moisturizer. I stopped using AHA every night because I got lazy. I've also continued an exercise regime that seems to help a little. Sweating can create pimples, but it seems to keep them mild and small.

I use my sunscreen every morning and the AHA about twice a week or so. I'm improving somewhat. I still get hardcore blackheads, but I haven't had any big pustules for a long time. I just get little whiteheads and clogged pores. Unfortunately I still pick at the clogged pores from time to time and they get aggrevated. I also need to stop picking at the scars, but it's hard because they look like the have things stuck in them (oftentimes they do, and I successfully get things out but then I wind up swollen. What's worse, a greyish scar with something in it, or a slightly red spot? I have not determined the answer yet).

I kind of pick in phases... I got really busy last week and didn't touch my face at all. The results were great. But then this week I've just been stressing out all the time and I start picking as some sort of subconscious coping mechanism. Oh well. Things are better than they were and I'm not hurting my skin like I was with all those chemicals and exfoliators and the over-the-top picking. It's really calming down.

Still have the goal of getting on the pill to fix the facial hair problem, but I'm afraid of the gyno :(. I've been putting it off for so long.

Wow, I really haven't posted in a while.

Okay- here is where I'm at right now. I have about 6 redmarks right now that are flat but from very recent pimples and two are fairly large. All of them were just clogged pores that were about to turn into a little whitehead, but none of them inflammed or even noticable. I wanted to catch all of them early and ended up picking them to pieces.

Now, just to tell you how minor it is and its all hyperpigmentation- with a little bit of concealer and powder I look completely clear, but without it my face is pretty red in those areas since I'm so pale.

I am going to start the no picking thing again. This means that I can in no way touch my face unless there is a really really ripe pimple, otherwise LEAVE IT ALONE!! At the moment I cannot see any pimples about to form, or really any other clogged pores.

I have been doing the baby brush method for probably about a month now, and I think that is working to prevent clogged pores. I think I will do it about every three days or twice a week because every other day seemed to be a little much.

Also, I started a healthy living diet today- basically just eating less, better, and exercising more. I hope to lose 10 lbs. within a couple weeks or so, basically just tone up and feel great. Hopefully it reflects on my face too. I plan to use a ton less dairy and just eat more natural products.

Thanks for reading.

Alright well here's the deal-

As of yesterday I was acne free, with a very few minor clogged pores that I can remove myself.

Last night I added the Jergen's Natural Glow into my regimen, so hopefully that does not make me break out. I have been working out a lot and getting fit, so I want to have a slight tan to go along with it. I have read online that it has made some people breakout, but- I also used it all last summer and maybe the one before, and I never broke out, so hopefully it will work out fine.

The only treatment I am doing is the baby brush method. I am unsure at the moment as to how many times a week I should do it. I can't decide on either every other day, or 2 times a week. I have sensitive and dry skin, so I guess 2 times a week, but at the same time my pores get clogged easily, and I am thinking it is from dry skin. Seems like everytime I do it regularily my skin clears up.

I also have some bacne, not horrible, but a couple deep spots. I am also scrubbing that about everyday and it seems things are getting better.

I will report back next time there is a change.

Alright well here's the deal-

As of yesterday I was acne free, with a very few minor clogged pores that I can remove myself.

Last night I added the Jergen's Natural Glow into my regimen, so hopefully that does not make me break out. I have been working out a lot and getting fit, so I want to have a slight tan to go along with it. I have read online that it has made some people breakout, but- I also used it all last summer and maybe the one before, and I never broke out, so hopefully it will work out fine.

The only treatment I am doing is the baby brush method. I am unsure at the moment as to how many times a week I should do it. I can't decide on either every other day, or 2 times a week. I have sensitive and dry skin, so I guess 2 times a week, but at the same time my pores get clogged easily, and I am thinking it is from dry skin. Seems like everytime I do it regularily my skin clears up.

I also have some bacne, not horrible, but a couple deep spots. I am also scrubbing that about everyday and it seems things are getting better.

I will report back next time there is a change.

Haha yes, I guess it would. I guess I meant that the pores are open and when you extract them it is that small stringy stuff, so it dosen't seem as though they will turn into big whiteheads or anything.

Thanks for the reality check.

Haha yes, I guess it would. I guess I meant that the pores are open and when you extract them it is that small stringy stuff, so it dosen't seem as though they will turn into big whiteheads or anything.

Thanks for the reality check.

So, I have had a few clogged pores come up over the days. I am a little upset with myself becuase I just spent a little time in the bathroom getting a bunch of them out- but the good news is I didn't do any damage that won't be gone tomorrow. I did successfully get some clogged pores out, which is good.

I do feel slightly bad that I got them out- but I mean it was in a "healthy" way with tissues wrapped around my fingers. I still obvioudly have some left, but they are hard to see. I am going to do the baby brush method later, and then just let my face heal. I am doing the baby brush every other day now, so we'll see if that is too much or what not.

And you thought you haven't posted in forever? I haven't posted since February 3rd. Eek.

I've been doing terrible. I fell off my routine and picked like crazy and things that should have been left alone. 2 weeks ago it looked like I had herpes on my chin or something, I looked so bad. People were staring at it when they talked to me. Humilating. But certainly my own fault.

So I left things alone *for the most part* and I'm healing... but the problem is that picking that bad for a few days makes new acne form... so even though I seriously cut down on the self-abuse, new pustles kept coming up. I hadn't had pustules in a while, so this is distressing. Of course I've been popping some of them like an idiot... but I think it's slowly getting better, and I'm doing my best to leave it alone.

*sigh* I only have myself to blame.