Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttchic07

NO PICKING!

Night 1:

Okay, well I have been on this site for a while now, and was really hoping I wouldn't be coming back to post. I did Dan's reg twice and it worked perfectly. But I quit it about 7 months ago because my skin was clear and I was barely using it, so I figured I could use nothing. This worked for about 5 months until I had finals, and boyfriend problems etc. So I started picking clogged pores. The reason I got the clogged pores is bc my face was getting really dry from washing and I wasn't moisturizing.

So, since then I have all these clogged pores on my face, and they are basically forming pimples one by one. They are mainly on my chin, so right now I have 3 areas where I have picked and they are recovering scabs on my chin, and then two brand new papules on my left cheek. They aren't huge or anything, but suprising because I didn't think I would be getting more over there. I have been touching my face a lot though.

SO, my plan is to never touch my face unless I have washed my hands and are about to wash my face or put moisturizer on. All I do is use purpose cleanser, Complex 15 moisturizer, and then spot treat with OTS BP. Okay, so I have not picked tonight, and hopefully will leave things alone and let them heal naturally.

Feel free to offer encouragement, and tell your own stories here.

Thanks!

Good for you for doing a not-picking log! Once one is a habitual picker, it is so hard to break the habit. Good luck! :)

Hey thanks so much for the support.

Day 2:

Well I woke up and everything was the same, except two tiny clogged pores on my chin came to a head, so I did take care of them, but not overboard. I am pretty suprised that I have two small papules on my left cheek because I haven't gotten them in ages. Another thing that might have started it, is that I started Jergan's Natural Glow a couple weeks ago, but I did that last summer and didn't have any problems. I am going to lay off it for now until I get the breakout under control!

Night 2:

Bad news, well yesterday and today I washed my face 3 times because I didn't think I would be going out later, but I did. However, I will not be doing that anymore. I applied plenty of moisturizer so hopefully that will help out. At this point still have clogged pores on chin, and then the 2 papules on my right cheek. They are not terribly noticable, and could always be worse, but they are not fun either. Just trying to work with what I have right now, and the goal is to not get anymore of course.

Night!

Day 3:

Well that one papule on my right cheek turned into a pustule, and had a small head with a lot of pressure, so I popped it. I cleaned my hands and did not go overboard, just until it started to bleed. I also iced it so it is almost flat now. The other papule is flatter too. Hopefully I didn't spread any bacteria, and I don't get anymore!

Day 4:

Today things are a little better. My face is trying up a bit from icing and BP so some areas are peeling off. My chin is clear except for unseen clogged pores in the middle part. The pustule is almost flat, and the papule is flattening out. I am about to ice again. So far I am doing good not picking. I think my biggest challenge is not touching my face at all. I got in the bad habbit of touching it all over, and I always break out right where I touched. Oh well!

Day 6:

I woke up this morning with two tiny whiteheads on my chin that were clogged pores coming out. I took care of them and then put bp on them. I still have that one papule still on my left cheek that will have been there a week tomorrow, and then also those two chin spots that are healing. Just cannot wait until makeup is not necissary anymore like it was a few months ago... but thinsg are getting better so I am thankful for that!

Day 8:

Things are going very well. I have been too busy to pick, and also been pulling long days, so I don't take my makeup off until I go to bed, which has been good for my picking. Nothing new to report. Just basically have that one papule still flattening out and that's about it for now...

thanks for reading, have a good night!

Day 14:

Well things are going really well. The only thing I have going on is one clogged pore on my chin came to the surface so I let it out just a minute ago, no breaking of the skin though, and then also that papule is flat and invisible with makeup and almost gone. Skin is doing really well otherwise!

Day 18:

Well I have 3 clogged pores on my chin that developed into very small whiteheads that I hoped, and hopefully got everything out of. I also feel a few clogged pores on my cheeks and am hoping they do not develop into anything. Other than that, just letting the redmarks heal.

Day 24:

Well things are... not so good right now. Those clogged pores keep coming to a head, and they really are not big at all, so I pop them and then the problem is that they get flat in a few hrs and then I am noticed that they leave this huge red mark there and I am thinking, why is that there when the actual pimple was so small.... duh because I am putting BP on it afterwards and I have really sensitive skin and it is getting burnt. SO... no more BP. Currently I just have redmarks and that papule that is still on my left cheek, slowly slowly going away. Soooo what usually works long term for me is lotion. It keeps my clogged pores away so therefore I can't produce pimples. So my plan is to just wash day and night with the purpose cleanser as usual, then in the morning use my Complex 15, and prob add a sunscreen, and then at night use the Jergens natural glow mixed with Complex 15 so I get enough moisture. And- NO MORE BP! This should help a lot with the redmarks. Unfortunately I have a derm appt tomorrow for a mole check, so I am hoping my makeup covers my redmarks becuase really I am clear, and I dont want her to push meds on me. Anyways, I will keep yall posted. Oh another thing I have learned is that its okay to pop I guess if you see the whitehead completely covering the top and its all there, but not if you just see a spec becuase you will have to squeeze too hard, and it is good to use tissues in order not to spread germs when squeezing. I think I should have learned and practiced this stuff a long time ago.

Day 25:

Okay well here it is. I have had trouble not picking these 2 scabs I have... its rediculous becuase they have been on my face for over a week, and both of them originated from a small clogged pore. Okay so I have one clogged pore that on my right cheek, the papule is basically flat, then a scab above my lip and on my chin, and then one small whitehead on my chin. I am trying to hard not to pop that whitehead on my chin. I think I am going to get some alpha hydrox to spot treat on my chin's clogged pores. I am so frustrated with them, they just keep creating whiteheads. Any help would be awesome!

Day 26:

Well I had 3 clogged pores on my chin that I let become whiteheads over the last few days and then I popped them... with a kleenex though. Right now I am still waiting on that papule to go away, and then I have the 3 whiteheads going away and some more clogged pores around my chin. That is why I am trying to get some alpha hydrox but I can't find any in town. I left those scabs on all day yesterday and they fell off last night by the way. I haven't picked at all though, just did what was necissary to let out that stuff from my chin and then left it alone.

Hey!

I have a problem with not picking my face either. Gosh it's so hard! Anyway, I noticed that you said you are getting frustrated that you keep getting whiteheads on your chin. It's most likely because you keep popping little whiteheads and they never quite have the chance to just heal. I have the same exact problem, they just keep coming back in the same places. Anyway, try not to pop them at all. Of course, it's no fun to walk around with a zit that looks like it's begging to be popped, but seriously try not to touch it at all. :)

Day 27:

Thanks for your help sugarapple.

Well last night I also ended up picking at this small clogged pore, can't tell if I got anything out of it or not becuase I used a tissue, and then also another inflmaed pore on my chin that was about to be a whitehead. So right now I am looking at 4 very small scabs on my chin, and that it everything on my face right now. I am going to call all around today to find a drugstore that sells alpha hydrox because from what I understand, that stuff unclogs those pores that I have before they become whiteheads.

Day 29:

Okay well my papule is almost gone now, and completely flat. All the redmarks are fading fast. I currently don't have anything going on my face except for 2 very small scabs on my chin, and clogged pores on my chin, which I think I will try the alpha hydrox on. I am happy right now with my face. I am just trying to continue doing good because I am about a week and a half out from period time, so I am hoping not to get a breakout.

Day 31:

Okay so I am still spot-treating with the alpha hydrox. Right now I have that papule that is still flat but slowly all going away, a couple clogged pores beneath it which make me nervous, and a few clogged pores on my chin. I have been putting the AHA on all of it and hopefully something will happen. I guess I have only been using the AHA for about 4 days so I will be more patient. I hear it takes about 3 weeks for that stuff to purge your skin and then your left with great skin.

Day 36:

So it seems that the AHA is working. I am having some clogged pores becoming small whiteheads on my chin and one on my cheek. I currently have clogged pores on my chin still that are unnoticable and going away one by one. Then I have two very small healing scabs on my chin, one on my left upper cheek and then that papule on my lower left cheek that is STILL going away. You really can't see it, and it feels flat, but if you press down harder you can feel it.

Day 37:

About to get my period, and have a few new pimples. On my chin I have one whitehead that I popped today that is healing, pretty inflamed though. Then a inflamed clogged pore near my mouth but is still very small and not a whitehead yet. Other than that still have the papule and clogged pores. I feel like the AHA is helping by getting the clogged pores gone one by one, but I hope that's true.

Day 38:

Okay well, I still have that one that is healing on my chin, then the papule that is STILL going away... and a ton of clogged pores. Really not sure what to do about them. You can't see them, but I really would love to find a way to get rid of them becuase they always turn to pimples. So here is my new plan. These clogged pores tend to develop when my face gets dry. So my plan is to just be super gentle still cleansing with the purpose soap, and then at night time use the Jergens natural glow mixed with complex 15 so that get moisture and a little tan to hide things. THen in the morning use complex 15 mixed with coppertone spf 30 for faces.

By the way I am going out of town for the night, so hopefully all goes well and my face behaves. I have company coming in town on the 25th, and I start school the 28th, so I am really hoping to be clear by then. If I can just stop all these clogged pores from becoming inflamed and forming pimples, I think would be okay.

Any advice is extremly appreciated!

Can I join your blog? I too have a bad habit of popping/picking at my pimples, scars, and clogged pores, and I think posting my progress and reading yours will be encouraging.

Hopefully I will be successful and tonight's little pick-party will be the last of its kind.

As of right now, here's what I'm dealing with:

-4 big, deep pimples on the right side of my chin. No heads visible, just red and swollen.

-Several clogged or inflamed pores (because I picked tonight)

-2 big, deep pimples on the left side of my chin. No heads visible, red and swollen.

-some other deep ones around the right side of my chin that are not red, just bumped up

-a scarred up region on the right side of my chin and on both sides of my mouth.

-one inflamed, clogged-pore on my forehead

-about 3 small, but bumped-up and slightly red pimples on my left cheek.

I gotta learn my pimple vocabulary to describe these better. There are probably a few I didn't even mention. I've picked at some of them so badly that I wonder if the scars will ever heal. My goal is to knock off the picking and use some kind of scar-repairing product.

Let's kick this habit together.

-Denise

Hey Denise, of course you could join me!

Day 39:

K well I had 3 inflamed clogged pores on my upper right cheek next to my nose and below my eye. I picked at them last night after drinking! And they were not ready so today they are raw and red. There are 3 of them, and while I have been though way worse, it still sucks that I don't know better by now. Then I keep getting clogged pores coming to a head on my chin and left cheek. I had one that formed a whitehead that I just popped and it is healing now, and then the papule that is going away and then a bunch of clogged pores that are on my chin. Not sure if I already mentioned this, but I cut the alpha hydrox out. I'm just going to use my lotion and self tanner every other day. I just want my clear skin back! I had it just a few short months ago, and it seems like when I just do nothing is when I get it back. I am going to be super gentle... and NOT PICK! I am so tempted to pick at the open wounds on my upper cheek, but I WILL leave them alone!!

Good luck Denise!

This is day 4 for me and I'm failing miserably. I have been picking every day :(. The worse my skin gets, the more I want to pick because I seem to have the idea that I can improve matters by messing with my skin. I learn how wrong I am every time... But realistically, I have to pop pustules... they're too disgusting to just let them live there on my face. Plus when I leave pustules alone, they seem to go deeper under the skin where they cannot easily be popped. Then scars, then redness, etc. etc.

So I've really done a number. I have like 5 scabs/forming scabs right now, and then several scarred areas still. I have gotten better at not messing with the scars, but probably just because the pustules have been keeping me busy :(. I bought a scar treatment, but it can't be used on open-wounds, so I won't be able to use it for a little while. My scars are surrounded by new pimples.

I did, however, read the guide to popping a pimple, and learned that using a clean needle is better than popping with your fingers. I tried this with a really ripe pustule the other night and it actually worked wonders. It isn't all inflamed like a normally-popped pimple, it just has a tiny pin-prick mark that will surely heal faster than the usual method.

Only problem is I got carried away and went after 2 other pustules with a pinprick, but they weren't quite ready yet... so now they're really inflamed and angry.

It's all related to that time o' the month... gimme a week or so and I won't be getting breakouts like this...

Day 9 and I'm improving. I was doing pretty poorly during that time o' the month. I had a pretty bad break out and just went crazy on it... but I used a lot of tea-tree oil and I've been babying my skin all week and I'm reaping the benefits. My scabs have healed and shed, and now I just have bumped-up red areas that I'm leaving alone. I have only picked at very dead scabs and 2 blackheads, but no real popping or digging.

I decided to start getting facial waxing because I think it may help. I have a slight facial hair issue, and I obsess even though it's not obvious. I spend too much time rubbing my dirty fingers on my face, plucking, and picking at the ingrowns. I got my upper lip waxed even though the hair wasn't bad... just so I wouldn't obsess over anything. The lady at the salon advised against waxing my chin due to the acne. I think that's a nice incentive not to pick, and boy do I need an incentive. I would love to have a smooth chin. If that means I need to let my skin heal, so be it.

Boy, I just laid the goods on the table. lol. Acne, facial hair. What other gross and embarrassing info can I provide?