Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mikey06

Spreading BP Question

I just have a question about spreading BP. When I put it on I spread it around a little bit but no where near as long as dan in his video since I have to do my whole face and neck. I've noticed that a lot of times I can see the BP on parts of my face(it will look dull and the clearish white color the bp is). I get a lot of pustules in the morning when using the DKR BP and I was thinking maybe this could be the reason. I don't use moisturizer at night either so theres a good chance the BP might be drying on top of my skin even though I don't use that much and blocking pores. Just wondering if you would think spreading the BP around a little more would help out?

I think I might have just anwsered my own question. I put BP on right before I posted and moisturized after I was done. When I was moisturizing(with cetaphil) I noticed that it's really hard to spread the moisturizer around. It almost feels as if I'm moisturizing the dry BP on my face. I don't think I'm using that much BP cause if I use any less I just feel it wont be enough to do anything but maybe I really am using to much. When you moisturize can you feel the BP? Could it be that the cetaphil moisturizer just doesn't spread around good over top of the BP?

When you're starting out, it doesn't take as long to absorb, it's actually really fast. It's only when you're using huge amounts relative to the area you apply that it starts taking some time. If you're only using a little bit for your whole face and neck, it'll absorb really quickly, but it also probably won't be effective at preventing acne, that's why you get used to using larger and larger amounts. How long have you been on the regimen, how much BP are you using, etc.?

I ordered my first batch of DKR a few months ago in April and I have used the BP since then but....I never followed the regimen that great. I have switched to different cleansers only a few times and a few weeks ago I started to use the BP(3.7%) of this rip off proactive stuff I used for years before I got teh DKR. I also only moisturized once in a while since it was hard to spread around. I really don't know how much BP I use cause I don't go by fingers worth...I just put some on one finger and spread it around and so on till I cover my whole face. It also feels as if the BP doesn't absorb into my skin well. It seems like a thin layer dries on top of my skin but that's the part I don't get. I do use a good amount of BP but not an insane amount or anything. I think I saw somewhere about some oil that helps the BP to absorb? or maybe I'm thinkign of something else.

The BP you're using might just not absorb that well then, since not all formulas are created equal. Especially if it's a lotion, then sometimes getting large amounts of lotions to absorb perfectly can be really hard without layering it, which is why I like gels better generally. The Proactiv BP is a lotion so if this is a knockoff, then it's probably pretty similar, and you just might not be able to use that much without having problems, no matter what you do. I don't think jojoba oil or anything like that will help, jojoba oil doesn't seem to like having lotion put directly on top of it, it just sort of sits on top of the oil unless you have something to matte it up on in between like, well, Dan's gel. Did you have this problem with al BPs, just this Proactiv wannabe stuff, Dan's stuff, or what?

It's dan's bp and the proactive rip off stuff that don't absorb that well. I didn't moisturize with the proactive type stuff. I stopped the proactive rip off the other day cause for some reason it actually worked well(except that it made my face feel weird) but then all of a sudden I broke out bad below my lip/above my jaw. Once that was almost healed up...I worked on my car for an hour out in the hot sun and sweated a lot(had dan's bp on at the time). Over the next few days I broke out really bad all over. That was only a few days ago and now here I am with a lot of acne all over my face. It was never anywhere near this bad....not sure why in a matter of a few days I went from acne here and there to full blown. Would it be possible to moisturize before bp? Not sure if that would make a difference or not.