Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
runnergirl3

Help with combinations of multiple vitamins/supplements

Hi I had posted a few times about hormonal breakouts where I normally have clear skin but the week before that time of the month, I will sometimes get a huge breakout. I fear taking way too many medecines, vitamins, and supplements so I wanted some general advice. Because my problem is not major, I'm try to sort this out through nutritionally...

Right now I'm on Yasmin, and ever day I take the GNC Women's multivitamin and a potassium tablet (usually potassium b/c of my running). Sooo, to deal with hormonal breakouts, I have ordered fish oil caplets, but then ontop of that was considering green tea extract, primrose oil, chromium (I hear this is good if I consume a lot of carbs/sugar), zinc (thought this was good b/c I don't eat red meat), magnesium (heard this is good for hormones), Vitamins A, B5, and B6. Now this is way too many pills to take a day with my multi. Does anyone know what combinations are best to add to fish oil for hormonal breakouts? Also, b/c I usually only get a breakout if I stress or it's that time of the month, should I up intake whenever I'm stressed/it's that week, or will just maintaining constant dosage be enough?

So sorry for all the questions. I'm new here and just am so confused after reading so much on this site!

vitamin A is so plentiful in so many forms in so many foods that i don't believe it is necessary to supplement with it

- red meat

- carrots

- all green veggies

- many other whole foods

fish oil and green tea will likely help you the most if you have hormonal issues

Right now I'm on Yasmin, and ever day I take the GNC Women's multivitamin and a potassium tablet (usually potassium b/c of my running). Sooo, to deal with hormonal breakouts, I have ordered fish oil caplets, but then ontop of that was considering green tea extract, primrose oil, chromium (I hear this is good if I consume a lot of carbs/sugar), zinc (thought this was good b/c I don't eat red meat), magnesium (heard this is good for hormones), Vitamins A, B5, and B6. Now this is way too many pills to take a day with my multi.

Isn't there chromium, magnesium, A and B6 in your multi? For B5 to work, you need to take tons of it.

If I were you, I'd take a multi, zinc, green tea and fish oil. And eat plenty of fruit and veggies. Most vitamins are easy to get from food. There's like 300% of the RDA for A in a carrot. And there are other carotenes they rarely put into pill form that you can easily get from food.

Although if you believe that we really need thousands of milligrams of C per day, and I do, you'll need to supplement that.

Ugh I know how you feel.

I take a multi-vitamin. 3 fish oil tables. Vitamin C. And Vitamin E. Vitamin C and the fish oil tablets I noticed had visible improvement. Not sure for multi and Vit E except with multi I piss a neon yellow color.

I'm searching for a zinc supplement and I drink green tea.