Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Although, I should add a disclaimer. Marijuana use is a great example of "thinking outside the box". This type of thinking is best for smarter people. Maybe thinking outside the box is not for you.

Listen, I love weed. Have smoked it for 15 years. But I've stopped for a while because I suspect it may be making my acne worse.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Although, I should add a disclaimer. Marijuana use is a great example of "thinking outside the box". This type of thinking is best for smarter people. Maybe thinking outside the box is not for you.

I totally agree with you, i used to think a lot about what would happen if some really smart ppl, like Einstein or other physicists used marijuana what kind of strange ideas they would come up with. Like Einstein was known for his thought experiments, imagine what would have happened if he actually tried to do some of them while stoned, it would have helped him open his mind, think on a different level, like see things from a different point of view, not take for granted what is he had normally taken for granted.

Listen, I love weed. Have smoked it for 15 years. But I've stopped for a while because I suspect it may be making my acne worse.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

LOGIC 101

Weed isnt bad for your health.

but... Weed leads to other drugs, which is the first bad thing about it, but can be easily countered.

Weed causes you to waste time from your life by sitting a sofa doing nothing, not even walk because it supposedly kills the high.

The time wasted could have been used to do homework or something productive but instead you waste time getting high with your friends and you grades are lower. This can also be countered by smoking responsibly.

Weed causes you to live a carefree lifestyle which can lead to a large intake of junk food which is bad for your health.

Weed doesnt cause too much bad breath but the cigarettes you smoke with it causes bad breath.

On the plus side, weed can relieve stress and ease your mind and make you "cool" haha lol.

Thats all.

LOGIC 101

Weed isnt bad for your health.

but... Weed leads to other drugs, which is the first bad thing about it, but can be easily countered.

Weed causes you to waste time from your life by sitting a sofa doing nothing, not even walk because it supposedly kills the high.

The time wasted could have been used to do homework or something productive but instead you waste time getting high with your friends and you grades are lower. This can also be countered by smoking responsibly.

Weed causes you to live a carefree lifestyle which can lead to a large intake of junk food which is bad for your health.

Weed doesnt cause too much bad breath but the cigarettes you smoke with it causes bad breath.

On the plus side, weed can relieve stress and ease your mind and make you "cool" haha lol.

Thats all.

I think it's about as bad as mixing alcohol and cigarettes . . .

. . . and should be legalized . . .

. . . and I've never tried it due to lack of interest, so this is all based on heresay . . .

And on mental illness, because I just have to chime in, it can "flip the switch". You could have been destined for nice, happy, mundane life, but then have a joint, wind up bipolar, and have you whole life turn to shit.

What are the odds? Probably extremely slim. Probably not the first thing that should be on your mind. And they should be your odds to play.

Genetically, mental illness can be an insidious little bitch, so it might not be so obvious who in your family is bonkers, especially if you're bonkers, so that kind of judgement call might not be so accurate. And if your family, and/or you, are currently fucked up, a chemical vacation might be all that more pleasant anyway. (85% of bipolar peeps abuse/have abused something fun.) This would would inflate statistics. As in, the ratio of mentally ill people to boring people using weed is greater than the ratio of mentally ill people to boring people in the general populace, thereby skewing the statistics, because weed-consuming people are more likely to have a mental illness available to be unmasked from the start.

My personal pet peeve everyone can feel free not to give a shit about:

I know it's just slang, but the phrase "that's gay" and its derivatives. Using the term for a sexual-orientation as a negative connotation echoes like nails across a chalkboard to me.

The way I see it, marijuana is like a sacred drug. If you have any analytical ability at all it will magnify it, especially when you are using this ability for introspection. But it's important not to use it too much or you may realize that you end up thinking and sitting around more than doing things.

The greeks would have a mushroom ceremony at one of their shrines that would have people walk away forever changed.

Just tossing this out there for the heck of it.

The way I see it, marijuana is like a sacred drug. If you have any analytical ability at all it will magnify it, especially when you are using this ability for introspection. But it's important not to use it too much or you may realize that you end up thinking and sitting around more than doing things.

The greeks would have a mushroom ceremony at one of their shrines that would have people walk away forever changed.

Another perspective:

Do you want a stoned doctor operating on you? Or diagnosing you? Or prescribing?

Do you want a stoned nurse giving you your medications and IV drug pushes and changing your dressings?

Do you want a stoned trucker on the road with that 18-wheeler?

Do you want a stoned caregiver taking care of your child/parent?

I sure don't want any of those scenarios above. I wouldn't want a drunk one of any of those above, either.

Another perspective:

Do you want a stoned doctor operating on you? Or diagnosing you? Or prescribing?

Do you want a stoned nurse giving you your medications and IV drug pushes and changing your dressings?

I sure don't want any of those scenarios above. I wouldn't want a drunk one of any of those above, either.

I think these are a little unfair. Why would any of those change? A doctor/nurse would still have their responsibilities, child care workers would still have to be alert watching over children, and the United States would still have DWI laws. Legalizing marijuana isn't about convincing people that it doesn't have intoxicating effects.

Another perspective:

I think these are a little unfair. Why would any of those change? A doctor/nurse would still have their responsibilities, child care workers would still have to be alert watching over children, and the United States would still have DWI laws. Legalizing marijuana isn't about convincing people that it doesn't have intoxicating effects.

I know it's just slang, but the phrase "that's gay" and its derivatives. Using the term for a sexual-orientation as a negative connotation echoes like nails across a chalkboard to me.

You think marijuana magnifies your ability to think. Marijuana just makes someone in love with their own little universe/mind, and creates imagined creativity. Maybe some good inspiration will come out of it, but more likely you'll get good inspiration just doing the hard work of real analytical thought without a drug.

Maybe 10,000 monkeys can sit at 10,000 typewriters and somehow come up with a Shakespearean sonnet. Or maybe that sonnet just requires an exceptionally talented human to use analytical and creative abilities without drugs to form those 'ideas' into words.

However, I don't see a problem with legalizing marijuana. Its most interesting component is already prescribed legally all over the USA. Look up "Marinol".

Another perspective:

Just legalize it, but continue to make it not acceptable for use in professional situations where intact judgement, quick reactions and real analytical thought remains important.

. . . and I've never tried it due to lack of interest, so this is all based on heresay . . .

And on mental illness, because I just have to chime in, it can "flip the switch". You could have been destined for nice, happy, mundane life, but then have a joint, wind up bipolar, and have you whole life turn to shit.

What are the odds? Probably extremely slim. Probably not the first thing that should be on your mind. And they should be your odds to play.

Genetically, mental illness can be an insidious little bitch, so it might not be so obvious who in your family is bonkers, especially if you're bonkers, so that kind of judgement call might not be so accurate. And if your family, and/or you, are currently fucked up, a chemical vacation might be all that more pleasant anyway. (85% of bipolar peeps abuse/have abused something fun.) This would would inflate statistics. As in, the ratio of mentally ill people to boring people using weed is greater than the ratio of mentally ill people to boring people in the general populace, thereby skewing the statistics, because weed-consuming people are more likely to have a mental illness available to be unmasked from the start.

I find it kindof funny that you have an issue with the term "thats gay" but have no problem calling people with mental illness "bonkers". just some food for thought.

i have a diagnosed mental illness and wasn't offended but i can understand how someone would be.

I find it kindof funny that you have an issue with the term "thats gay" but have no problem calling people with mental illness "bonkers". just some food for thought.

i have a diagnosed mental illness and wasn't offended but i can understand how someone would be.

Oh, I get it. I just wanted to put that out there for anyone it might bug in the future. Because I know I talk that way, and I think it's healthy to talk that way, but it wasn't at the forefront of my mind that other mentally ill people might not talk that way about themselves.

I was actually thinking of that today . . . I feel perfectly entitled to use those words . . . but there's no way in hell I would speak/type that way if I wasn't crazy myself . . .

And I listed all that stuff, because towards the beginning I was very shy about it and was hypersensitive about a lot of comments (wasn't exactly in a supportive environment), but after a few diagnoses, a few meds, some quality time behind locked doors, I was like "Fuck it! Some of this shit is pretty damn funny, anyway."

I don't feel entitled to call myself an anthropologist yet, but after 5-7 more classes (equivalent to 3-5 on the semester system), I'll at least have a B.S. in Anthropological Sciences. :)

I like the biological definition of race given in one of my cultural classes taught by a physical anthropologist: subspecies. So, if you're one of the people who accept the theory that Neanderthals were subspecies of Homo sapiens, there have been all of 2 races. If you think they're a separate species, we've had all of 1 race. Either way, that's how much "difference" is required to make a biological "race".

Okay, I'm done hijacking for today. *backs out of thread*

I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this yet, but I think its pretty funny (ridiculous) that according to federal law, cocaine is a schedule 2 controlled substance (which means it can be used for medical purposes- in the case of cocaine it is used as a topical anesthetic), but weed is a schedule 1 (not legal for any use). Funny that medicinal marijuana is still struggling to be accepted but coke has been accepted for years lol

Oh, I get it. I just wanted to put that out there for anyone it might bug in the future. Because I know I talk that way, and I think it's healthy to talk that way, but it wasn't at the forefront of my mind that other mentally ill people might not talk that way about themselves.

I was actually thinking of that today . . . I feel perfectly entitled to use those words . . . but there's no way in hell I would speak/type that way if I wasn't crazy myself . . .

And I listed all that stuff, because towards the beginning I was very shy about it and was hypersensitive about a lot of comments (wasn't exactly in a supportive environment), but after a few diagnoses, a few meds, some quality time behind locked doors, I was like "Fuck it! Some of this shit is pretty damn funny, anyway."

I don't feel entitled to call myself an anthropologist yet, but after 5-7 more classes (equivalent to 3-5 on the semester system), I'll at least have a B.S. in Anthropological Sciences. :)

I like the biological definition of race given in one of my cultural classes taught by a physical anthropologist: subspecies. So, if you're one of the people who accept the theory that Neanderthals were subspecies of Homo sapiens, there have been all of 2 races. If you think they're a separate species, we've had all of 1 race. Either way, that's how much "difference" is required to make a biological "race".

Okay, I'm done hijacking for today. *backs out of thread*

You think marijuana magnifies your ability to think. Marijuana just makes someone in love with their own little universe/mind, and creates imagined creativity. Maybe some good inspiration will come out of it, but more likely you'll get good inspiration just doing the hard work of real analytical thought without a drug.

Smoking it too often is stupid. But it should be legalized and taxed anyway.

Marijuana being a Schedule I Substance is ridiculous. The definition of a Schedule I substance is that it has no medicinal use, and docs have been prescribing medicinal marijuana for awhile now. It's perfectly legal to play with some way more addictive/potentially dangerous Schedule IIs.