Jojoba Oil dries up...

Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil dries up in your hands...

MemberMember
(@lordbutler)

Posted : 07/02/2007 7:00 pm

Hey

Jojoba oil dries up in my hands (absorbs into my palms) so fast that when I apply to my face, it feels like I need to "rub" a little harder to get it onto my face!

Is my face absorbing it?

Do I put on my face when my face is wet or when it is damp? In other words, do I pat my face with a towel after cleaning?

MemberMember
(@gyroscope352)

Posted : 07/02/2007 7:01 pm

I usually pat my face fairly dry with a towel (it doesn't need to be dry dry though - I apply it right after i pat the excess water off). I have found that this absorbing of the jojoba happens when I use 3 drops instead of 5 or so - try using more jojoba and see if that's easier to apply.

MemberMember
(@lordbutler)

Posted : 07/02/2007 7:07 pm

when you apply the oil, do you rub your hands circularly on your face, or do you "pat" your face gently?

MemberMember
(@gyroscope352)

Posted : 07/02/2007 9:30 pm

Actually, I do something slightly different with jojoba and it works great for me (from now on, I'm just linking to this post in my sig - I'm sick of describing it over and over lol). Awhile ago, a freind (his name is Mells on these boards) told me what he did, and it works great:

I apply the Jojoba oil right after cleansing, before BP. After rinsing my face off, I gently pat dry with a towel (you do not need to get your face really dry - it's okay if it's still a little damp). Then I take anywhere from 5-10 drops of jojoba oil (you can use as much as you need to get it on your face, don't worry about oiliness - you'll see in a second) and I just kind of do a broad, gentle rub down my face, just to get it on there. I find that jojoba actually loosens the flakes on your face, so if you are feeling flakes just kind of massage your face and you will feel them loosen and come off. Do this until your face feels smoother. Depending on how much time I have and how dry I am, I'll leave it on for anywhere between 2 and 5 minutes to let it work it's magic.

Then, I actually take my towel and GENTLY wipe the jojoba oil off my face. This will take off all those flakes you loosened earlier. Just be gentle and don't go crazy - you just want to get the excess oil off (your face might still be a bit shiny, but this will go away once you apply BP). Then apply BP and continue the regimen as normal, using your regular moisturizer 5-15 minutes afterward.

You should find that though you wiped the jojoba off, it is just as moisturizing this way as any other way, but you have no oil left over to make your face shiny, or to make applying BP difficult. I do it this way every day and I have no flakes ever! And I know it's the jojoba because when I forget to use it (yeah, I've done it once or twice , DAMN does my face get tight and flaky. It has become such a big part of my regimen it's just as important as Dan's cleanser and BP. I would highly reccomend this to everyone, it makes life much simpler without sacrificing any effectiveness. Let me know how it works for you!

I know that wasn't the long-winded answer you wanted, but I put the part about rubbing it on at the beginning, and then leading into the long description - it just didn't make sense. Especially now that I'm posting this in my sig, people are gonna be like "how does he apply it? oh...he rubs it on gently...wow..." without reading the whole thing which was not my intention there. I'm not sure if THAT made any sense but at least you know that in my crazy mind, there is a reason for my response that seems to not answer your question even though it does.

MemberMember
(@lordbutler)

Posted : 07/02/2007 10:46 pm

yea, thanks!

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 07/22/2007 4:27 pm

That's pretty much what I used to do, except I'd apply the Jojoba to my damp face rather than dry. I do the same *wipe* thing with my moisturiser usually too.

MemberMember
(@jazznabbers)

Posted : 09/23/2007 12:54 am

when you apply the oil, do you rub your hands circularly on your face, or do you "pat" your face gently?
MemberMember
(@superfly)

Posted : 09/23/2007 12:09 pm

Actually, there's a good chance that jojoba oil actually does the exact opposite, and acts as a carrier which allows the BP to penetrate deeper into the skin.

MemberMember
(@cool-as-kim-deal)

Posted : 09/23/2007 2:43 pm

I have a question..

Someone on the message boards mentioned that adding jojoba oil after cleaning will not get a the full effect of the BP treatment .. is this true?

MemberMember
(@waitwait)

Posted : 01/31/2010 12:52 pm

do u also still add jojoba oil in ur moisterizer after u put on the BP?

MemberMember
(@soundtrack2mylife)

Posted : 01/31/2010 2:35 pm

since this is another Jojoba post with some actual posts in it, I figured I would go ahead and ask a question I haven't gotten an answer to. Does anybody use jojoba in your face wash? I use the regular cetaphil gentle facial cleanser in the bar form and I drop like 5-6 drops of jojoba in my hand AFTER lathering up the soap in my hands and wash my face with it.

I can tell it definitely works and makes my face softer after washing and leads to almost no dryness and then afterward I use a Q-tip and then just apply jojoba to the dry areas. I've only had the jojoba for 1-2 weeks but this seems to be the best way to use it for me. I find that in my "T" zone I start off dry after washing and then throughout the day my face produces more oil to compensate. The jojoba oil moisturizes right off the bat so that this no longer happens.

*I even started to put the jojoba right under my eyes, like where women apply eye cream. I find it gives me that fresh and vibrant look I've been striving to achieve for so long, ha.

MemberMember
(@knl71)

Posted : 03/06/2010 5:40 am

since this is another Jojoba post with some actual posts in it, I figured I would go ahead and ask a question I haven't gotten an answer to. Does anybody use jojoba in your face wash? I use the regular cetaphil gentle facial cleanser in the bar form and I drop like 5-6 drops of jojoba in my hand AFTER lathering up the soap in my hands and wash my face with it.

I can tell it definitely works and makes my face softer after washing and leads to almost no dryness and then afterward I use a Q-tip and then just apply jojoba to the dry areas. I've only had the jojoba for 1-2 weeks but this seems to be the best way to use it for me. I find that in my "T" zone I start off dry after washing and then throughout the day my face produces more oil to compensate. The jojoba oil moisturizes right off the bat so that this no longer happens.

*I even started to put the jojoba right under my eyes, like where women apply eye cream. I find it gives me that fresh and vibrant look I've been striving to achieve for so long, ha.

I just wanted to mention that I love the last line of your post "it gives me that fresh and vibrant look I've been striving to achieve for so long"!!! It's not really funny, but it is. LOL :D

MemberMember
(@sharkitty)

Posted : 05/31/2011 9:44 am

Actually, I do something slightly different with jojoba and it works great for me (from now on, I'm just linking to this post in my sig - I'm sick of describing it over and over lol). Awhile ago, a freind (his name is Mells on these boards) told me what he did, and it works great:

I apply the Jojoba oil right after cleansing, before BP. After rinsing my face off, I gently pat dry with a towel (you do not need to get your face really dry - it's okay if it's still a little damp). Then I take anywhere from 5-10 drops of jojoba oil (you can use as much as you need to get it on your face, don't worry about oiliness - you'll see in a second) and I just kind of do a broad, gentle rub down my face, just to get it on there. I find that jojoba actually loosens the flakes on your face, so if you are feeling flakes just kind of massage your face and you will feel them loosen and come off. Do this until your face feels smoother. Depending on how much time I have and how dry I am, I'll leave it on for anywhere between 2 and 5 minutes to let it work it's magic.

Then, I actually take my towel and GENTLY wipe the jojoba oil off my face. This will take off all those flakes you loosened earlier. Just be gentle and don't go crazy - you just want to get the excess oil off (your face might still be a bit shiny, but this will go away once you apply BP). Then apply BP and continue the regimen as normal, using your regular moisturizer 5-15 minutes afterward.

You should find that though you wiped the jojoba off, it is just as moisturizing this way as any other way, but you have no oil left over to make your face shiny, or to make applying BP difficult. I do it this way every day and I have no flakes ever! And I know it's the jojoba because when I forget to use it (yeah, I've done it once or twice , DAMN does my face get tight and flaky. It has become such a big part of my regimen it's just as important as Dan's cleanser and BP. I would highly reccomend this to everyone, it makes life much simpler without sacrificing any effectiveness. Let me know how it works for you!

I know that wasn't the long-winded answer you wanted, but I put the part about rubbing it on at the beginning, and then leading into the long description - it just didn't make sense. Especially now that I'm posting this in my sig, people are gonna be like "how does he apply it? oh...he rubs it on gently...wow..." without reading the whole thing which was not my intention there. I'm not sure if THAT made any sense but at least you know that in my crazy mind, there is a reason for my response that seems to not answer your question even though it does.

THANK YOU for posting this and explaining how you apply the jojoba oil after cleansing and before the BP. I tried it as I had major problems with flaking and man, does it make a difference. Not only does my face NOT feel (as) tight and dry anymore and the flakes are gone, I find that it also helps the BP to get absorbed much faster. So THANK YOU again, that was my rescue!!!!!!!! :)

MemberMember
(@feekaane)

Posted : 06/10/2011 12:36 am

Have any of you guys tried putting on moisturizer before the BP? My skin is already so dry after washing it (and flaky too!) that it burns and hurts to put BP on. The moisturizer calms my skin down in preparation of the BP! Plus I find the BP to be very mattifying so that make up could go over it. Has anyone tried this yet? Please let me know! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@therealbatman)

Posted : 07/04/2012 12:47 pm

that sounds like a good, well-tested approach to the flakiness caused by the Regimen. I have a major dryness issue, so I'll see if this works for me. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@birdboy)

Posted : 02/09/2013 5:30 pm

I'm going to try this too. I've been lightly buffing the flakes off in the shower, but I think the J oil before BP might stop the mask like feeling I start to get a few hours after the regimen. Thanks!