Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shurltin

4.5 months after finishing accutane course

Hi. After 4 and a half months of mostly clear skin since accutane I have my first real deal pimple. I was wondering if this is par for the course when I would see them return... or is it possibly my diet. I have been really bad for the last few days eating lots of greasy food, i went from drinking 2 liters of water a day to none and drinking a lot of caffeine. Does anyone think it might be the diet or am I deluding myself?

thanks.

It sounds like the diet, if you went from really good to really bad your skin is going to have a reaction, accutane or not. In my belief. Water is so darn good for your skin and soda is so bad. If you can't stay away from Soda then at least keep the water in your routine as well.

If this was your first course of Accutane, then it is always possible you will need a second course, but right now it sounds like diet and your skin is crying out.

thank you! this is the kind of reassurance i needed to stay positive. It was a very drastic change in diet and it seems like too much of a coincidence otherwise. I'll update this thread in a couple of days to let people know the progress in case anyone else has a similar situation occur.

I thought I should update this for other people in a similar situation.

In the two weeks since writing this my skin calmed down again for the most part, I improved my eating habits but then fell off the wagon a few days ago and got a very small pimple, but I really think this is a food thing.

hello,

well a few small pimples isn't enough to go on.

so wait and see. if you get loads of spots then you may need more accutane. hopefully not though.

good luck,

tim

Sounds like your breakouts now are related to your diet! Definitely stay with the good stuff (whatever that is for you) and drink your water. :)