Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
djc2005

The just be normal routine!!!!

You know I dont know how many times I have asked myself, why cant all this go away!!!! I just wish I could be "normal".

Well I have now decided that I am gonna stop taking any more antibiotics, and stop all topical treatments!

DRASTIC!! I know but im sooooooo tired of this!!! I actually feel exhausted thinkin bout my skin all the time!!! I constantly think in my head, what shall I use on my face, how long should I spend in the shower, can I eat XYZ or will it break me out!!!

BUT NO MORE!!!! Im just gonna roll with it!

So the "be normal" regime....if ya can call it that is as follows:

No freakin out bout my skin! I go on about it every day and it really bugs everyone and I usually end up sitting on my own depressed!!!!

Definately no touching/squeezing/picking etc...

Shower/Bath in the morning

While showering/bathing, just wash like a normal person!! Im gonna use soap for my body, Shampoo for my hair. Thats it! No special treatments on my face/chest/back. Im not even gonna worry bout the brands I use. Im just gonna use whateva is in the shower! The rest of my family all use the same soap/shampoo and they are perfectly clear, so why the hell not!!!!

And thats it!!!

Day 1 (02/07/07) ... Okay here goes. I have about 4 whiteheads around my chin and lips at the mo. Usually I would be freakin out and pullin my face apart but im just gonna grin and bare it!!! I have spots on my chest and back at the mo and im not gonna start countin em cos the whoile point of this is to just ignore em and get on with it. So my future updates will basically consist of stayed the same / got worse / got better and hopefully one day clear.

Anyone else wanna join me on my quest!!!

hey, good luck with your quest! i stopped using products on my back and shoulders (just my regular body wash) and they cleared up! i also stay away from eggs now since that was my biggest cause of breakouts there.

anyways hope it works out for you =)

Thanks Ami! Thats cool that u got clear :)

Day 2 (03/07/07) ... Okay spots not better or worse. Skin quite dry. Lips very dry and peely.

Hey I must tell you thats the best way to get rid of it...no point worrying about it...the more you look at it the worse your acne seems and it is one continuous wretched cycle...there is no doubt you must treat it..you cant just let it be...but obsesseing about it is of no use at all....my acne has almost completely cleared but until a couple of days ago I didnt realise it coz I kept lookin at my face every minute of the day and every small thing seemed magnified..I finally went out one day and everybody was surprised at the change!So I feel u gotta live your life as normally as you can...dont obsess about it ..that isnt gonna make it go away....you should control it and not let it control you!best of luc!

Day 5 (07/07/07) ... Thank Micheller I understand what your saying. I have started using clearasil ultra on my face and neutrogena body wash to treat this, and trying my best not to obsess about my skin. Its working okay so far. Skin is dryer, getting a few more spots (but I heard that they can take upto 3 weeks to reach the surface, so I guess its just getting these out). I would say my skin seems to be healing quicker now though.

hmm to your first post, i believe you should use conditioner and not just shampoo. good luck though =]