Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable making eye contact with people, because of having acne acne??? I have hardly any confidence as i always think people are looking at my spots not me in general...My spots are bad, and im on Ro-Accutane (have been for about 5 days).

Any Feedback...... Post It.

hell yea, i feel like i could never get a girlfriend with the way my face looks right now

its hard enough for me to make eye contact with my guy friends, especially if we are outdoors or in a place with a lot of bright lights

so i could never be close to a girl, im just way too self conscious

I know im quite good looking, as before my spots i got my fair share of girls, but after i broke out badly i lost my confidence and steer clear of them becaus eim embarred. i hope ro-accutane will help me regain my much needed confidence.!!!

Nope, altho not for prolonged periods, I have to look away at something or it feels strange, nothing to do with acne tho, just my eyes crave new stimulation... or something :-s

Only the once ive cut eye contact ... it was pritty freaky.

Was chatting to good friend ive known for few years,was drinking up the pub.. he was trying it on as he does.

He was mad staring me in the eyes as we was chattin..

Then out the blue he goes... Theres summat i carnt figure about you Rach, Can see it in your eyes tho.

(As outwardly you wouldnt think shit bothered me).

I was like dont try your self analising on me to get in my head ..or knickers for that matter =;

Otherwise than that theres probably more chance of me staring someone out :roll:

yea i agree acne can make ya feel real low -> hard to make eye contact

over time ive goten to be prety ok with the whole eye contact thing...i do a prety good job of fronting self-confidence so i doubt anyone knows howi realy feel :-$

the hardest time for me to make eye contact is after girls tell me i have "pretty" eyes...compliments are nice and make me feel good but kinda awkward too.? :-s ...i need a good retort line besides "thanks yours are too" 8-[

the hardest time for me to make eye contact is after girls tell me i have \"pretty\" eyes...compliments are nice and make me feel good but kinda awkward too.? :-s ...i need a good retort line besides \"thanks yours are too\" 8-[

But, back to the original question, I do have a hard time making eye contact.....but I'm working on that because as many have said, its the confidence factor that can make a difference in a persons appearance.

And, if you don't actually have self-confidence, try faking it until it feels natural! (yeah, i know its easy to say, hard to do...)

I can stare people down, but its just anti-social isn't it.  How many lasses are you gonna impress by 'reducing them to dust'... not many by my reckoning.

L8rz [-X

If you have acne but nice bright blue eyes or whatever then make eye contact women love that, secondley if your making eye contact with anyone how can they be looking at your spots, by the way for people with mild acne no one gives a fook if ya got mild acne in my opinion.

i could relate to everyone here. Not to be conceited or anything, but when i was in my first and second year of high school i got girls coming from the right and left of me. All i had to do was just stand there and look good. But eventually everything caught up to me. starting my junior year i just suddenly broke out. I got red dots all over my face. suddenly the girls started depleting around me. One of my close girl friends once was talking with a group of girls at our school. And she had told me that the topic of the conversation was about me and my acne. my friend told me that one of the girls said "He use to be cute, but all those pimples on his face made him ugly". Note: this was said in a group of girls. So when my friend told me this, i was just pretending i didnt care and shiet. But really i did care. actually i wanted to just break down in tears right there and then. Now im in my 1st year of college. Ever since that day, ive been a different person. I became this bashfull,timid,and shy guy. Im afraid of talking to girls because sometimes i think they would just stare at the red dots on my face. when i go out to clubs or parties i walk with my head down. when i go to family gatherings, i segragate myself from the others. I just hate it! i feel like im a waste! sometimes i just want to get a knife and slice up my face and maybe itll heal to a brand new one. Acne is the worst!

that lime green dinosaur picture is hypnotic...

somebody stole my juice money =P~

dont walk with your head down...the way you act affects the way you think and the way you look. Your sub-concious mind will be trained into thinking you`ve lost it and you will ultimately become someone who has. Start afresh....walk tall, be confident.....think positively, do things that you enjoy... START NOW ... you aren`t going to have this acne forever, when you are low and you feel like shit and you rise up againt it, it makes you a stronger person and builds your character....beat this condition, dont let it beat your ass .... be its daddy.... then you will reign supreme... and acne will eventually leave you alone; you will have conquered your fears and weaknesses and be the person you want to be.... f*ck being insecure... it can stay with you even after the acne has gone, kill it now, KILL KILL KILL!!! change your mind today....change it for good and you`ll never look back!!!

i used to not make alot of eye contact but once durring the summer i was at a my friends house with a bunch of people chillin in the pool and i had my glasses off and i got complements from half the girls there about how hot my eyes are and they started haveing a conversation about my eyes

at first i was kinda scared ebcause everyone was looking into my eyes and that kinda bugged me out it was weird but later it felt good

im getting contacts really soon so that will make my eyes stand out more (they are a mixture of light and dark blues with small silver streeks leading to my puple ) =) after i get contacts i think my confidence will raise alot especally because my face is clear now

-paul

I know im quite good looking as i've been told so too, but its the acne that makes it hard to act on things. I mean it plays on your mind when people look at you. I think this more of a problem with moderate -severe acne, as when mine wasn't too bad i was more confident and found eye contact easy.

L8rz