Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ballistics

No Cumulative dose?

Hey,

i've been on roaccutane for 2 weeks now,

i've been browsing this forum and reading up on cumulative doses etc.

My derm didn't even mention anything about it. he just said 'see you again in 6 weeks' :think: . Anyone else get next to no info about 'tane from their derm

Also I haven't been told how long my course is he literally just said see you in 6 weeks???

Should this cause me concern? I'm starting to freak out here in case he messes up my course and it doesn't work properly

Hey,

My derm didn't even mention anything about it. he just said 'see you again in 6 weeks' :think: . Anyone else get next to no info about 'tane from their derm

Also I haven't been told how long my course is he literally just said see you in 6 weeks???

Should this cause me concern? I'm starting to freak out here in case he messes up my course and it doesn't work properly

Hey,

The cumulative dose is the amount of Roaccutane you have taken over time. So no there is no reason for concern for that I think. He just wants to see you in 6 weeks to check your progress, if all is good you'll continue with roacctuane.

Hey,

The cumulative dose is the amount of Roaccutane you have taken over time. So no there is no reason for concern for that I think. He just wants to see you in 6 weeks to check your progress, if all is good you'll continue with roacctuane.

most doctors actually do follow that, they don't necessarily mention it to their patients though, as it is more information than the patients really need to worry about. they will come up with your dosing regimen, and usually just tell you how many pills a day to take.

my derm didn't mention the cumulative dose, but when i asked how long i would be on accutane she told me i'd have to stay on it for the full 20 weeks, even if i clear up sooner, so i get enough accutane in me for the highest chance to be cured.

My doctor gave me 20mg for 6 months, came on here and seen the cumlative dosing thing, and I wouldnt even be close. Im on my 5th month and I am clear and really happy. Im sure there alot of doctors out there who just set a certain dosage based on what they think is right, not by this cumlative dose crap

My doctor gave me 20mg for 6 months, came on here and seen the cumlative dosing thing, and I wouldnt even be close. Im on my 5th month and I am clear and really happy. Im sure there alot of doctors out there who just set a certain dosage based on what they think is right, not by this cumlative dose crap

My derm seemed unfamiliar with the topic. He said his patients stay on the usual .5 to 1 mg/kg dose for around six months. Longer if a smaller dose is used (as in my case).

Err... but you still have gotten a cumulative dose. I don't see how it can be crap. If you take roaccutane 20 mg daily for 6 months then you have gotten a cumulative dose for 6*30*20 mg. If you weren't getting a cumulative dose then you would have gotten one shot of accutane. Like maybe 80 mg at one time. And that is all.

My derm seemed unfamiliar with the topic. He said his patients stay on the usual .5 to 1 mg/kg dose for around six months. Longer if a smaller dose is used (as in my case).

well, with that dosing, the patients would get the recommended cumulative dose anyway, so your doc is following the recommended dosing guidelines.

well, with that dosing, the patients would get the recommended cumulative dose anyway, so your doc is following the recommended dosing guidelines.

If you do some math you can see that an average tane cycle does reach a cumulative dose by six months. I wish I would have done this before persuading my derm for the low dose-long term cycle.

Normal dose is .5 to 1 mg/kg.

I weigh approx 80 kg. Avg. dose=40-80mg.

Remission is most effective in studies where cumulative dose=120-150mg/kg. Let's use 135mg/kg since that is in the middle. Let's also use 60mg since that is in the middle of the avg. dose.

135(mg) x 80(kg)=10,800

60(mg) x 30(days/month) x 6 (total months)=10,800

Six months is just easier for doctor's to use since they can always adjust time/dosage as needed.

If you do some math you can see that an average tane cycle does reach a cumulative dose by six months. I wish I would have done this before persuading my derm for the low dose-long term cycle.

Normal dose is .5 to 1 mg/kg.

I weigh approx 80 kg. Avg. dose=40-80mg.

Remission is most effective in studies where cumulative dose=120-150mg/kg. Let's use 135mg/kg since that is in the middle. Let's also use 60mg since that is in the middle of the avg. dose.

135(mg) x 80(kg)=10,800

60(mg) x 30(days/month) x 6 (total months)=10,800

Six months is just easier for doctor's to use since they can always adjust time/dosage as needed.