Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ninjazx

Can chemical peels fix scarring?

I was wondering if a lactic acid peels would help my scars fade away on my cheeks as well as the red marks. Are they effective? or would any other peel help them? I also noticed that scars on my temples usually go away, does this apply to the cheeks as well? My temple scars would usually go away in 6 to 12 months so whats up with the cheeks scars??

I was wondering if a lactic acid peels would help my scars fade away on my cheeks as well as the red marks. Are they effective? or would any other peel help them? I also noticed that scars on my temples usually go away, does this apply to the cheeks as well? My temple scars would usually go away in 6 to 12 months so whats up with the cheeks scars??

sure can, look into TCA Cross method, it gives dramatic results.

Guest sm_oore

its usually had better results with lighter skin to olive skin tone because it can cause pigmentation problems and seems mostly effective on ice pick scarring.

If your scars are red and not indented then they should fade with time. If they're not indented i wouldn't even think about using CROSS. Peels can sometimes help fade red marks but i'm not sure if they can also cause pigmentation problems in darker skin??? If you do them, you should definitely get a second opinion. If you do go along with it, start at very low concentrations with low times and work your way up. Its a really slow process...

Best of Luck

Peels wont do a thing for scarring, especially on old scars, new scars at most they might round off the edges but then u risk getting the orange peel texture, and making your pores alot more visible. If I was to peel again, I would do one peel and thats it, minimizing my risk of enlarging the pores. From my overall experience, lasers, peels, microdermabrasions, wont give not even the slightest improvement, on pin size scars.

On the other hand the cross method really does work, applying the acid only to the scar, and I like the fact that you dont touch good skin. Dermabrasion was the only procedure that truely gave me my life back, it works. Not trying to start anything here just speaking from my several 20% tca peels and my laser experience and finally my cone shaped dermabrasion gave me results, I plan on getting another in the near future.

is a tca cross ok to do while the indented scar is still red or is it too early?

Didn't you just recently finish Accutane? If so, don't do TCA CROSS or any other chemical peeling procedure until at least six months after your last Accutane pill.