Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Candida spit test

I don't know much about candida, so I just am trying to put this out there to see what happens to you guys. I don't even know if this is accurate

First thing upon arising in the morning, (even before clearing your mouth), spit into a glass of water. If your spit remains floating, in a nice, cohesive "blob", you're probably pretty much Candida-free. However, if after a moment, your spit begins to develop long strand-like tendrils that dissolve down into the water, or if your spit spreads out over the surface of the water, you probably have a Candida condition.

I did this "test" a while back, even though it says it's not accurate (gives false negatives or something which is bad for a test) and i had a few very tiny "legs", but it did spread out across the top of the water.

I'm curious about peoples tongues. If your gonna do the spit test and post, can you also put your tongue health (colour, if it's coated, has pimples like marks at the back, rough/smooth and has cracks in it). My tongue used to be coated nearly all the time, be a very light pink colour, with a rough surface and had a big "crack" down the middle. Now, after doing my "regime" when my acne is about 95% clear, it's lost it's coating, and the crack has shrunk and it's getting a smoother texture with a deeper pink colour. Now it could be just coincidence, and some people say you can tell a lot by the health of the tongue, but most dr's disagree (but then again, my doctor says acne has nothing todo with diet!).

Guest T-Virus

Candida is normally found in the bowel. Real Candidiasis is known as "Systemic Candidiasis" which is a "systemic infection." This condition is only found in people with highly compromised immune systems (i.e. individuals suffering from cancer or AIDS). If you had this you would feel extremely ill and it can be tested for in a blood test.

Candida is a normal gut organism, and immune responses (antibodies, cell mediated responses) to this organism are both expected and observed in healthy controls as well as those allegedly suffering from Candidiasis. There is neither a scientific rationale nor published evidence that elimination of Candida with diets or anti-fungal therapy is useful for management.

The theory about candida causing thousands of health problems is about 10 years old now.

Well i've done an anti candida/leaky gut syndrome regime with a slightly modified diet and after almost 4 weeks i'm about 95% clear - feel free to check my pics in my gallery. Whether i have some form of candida overgrowth, leaky gut syndrome or plain old digestive problems i'm stunned by my quick and dramatic results.

i have another 2 months to go on my kill/cleanse/repair/maintenance plan, and all without cutting out "bad" foods. I can still eat grain (whole grain - not white bread and slightly reduced), dairy (a moderate amount), carbs and even have really bad things like pizza/chips as occasional treats (which seems to me, the people on food group restricted diets can't ever touch) without seeing any bad effect so far. I've done a lot of research on the digestive system, and i'm firmly believe on the way to joining the majority of "healthy" people that can live, eat and function in this extremely toxic world without too many side effects.

I'm pretty sure that if i had restricted things that can cause digestive problems (fruit, sugar, honey, grain, dairy, etc) my symptoms such as acne would have pretty much cleared up - but the minute i touched those foods again it would come back as those would have been symptoms of the problems i was having dealing with those foods, not the actual foods themselves. I'm not saying everyone has this problem, but i am saying that a fair number of people may have digestive problems causing, if not atleast helping acne.

I never did the spit test, but I used to wake up feeling like there were strings in my mouth. Then I didn't do the whole anti-candida diet, but I cut back on sugar and did a purchased cleanse that included probiotics, fiber, and anti-fungals like garlic.

its not really that accurate. I did it and had the strings adn was happy their was an answer lol....but the next day I did it and it floated....

Try going on a diet for a few weeks anti-candida and see how you feel...but t be honest alot of people say its all QUACK and we all have candida but it can get out of hand.

I was told by a practitioner I prob have it if I had depression or acne but I dont know how true this is as I dont react to foods or anyting.

I really appreciate your responses, I read them all and learned a lot I had no idea about. Though, I hope this is not accurate at all, within 5 minutes, if that, it all sank.

:(