Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

we all die. and once you die nothing matters, not your life, or nothing. the world is a piece of shit with flies on it. believe what you want, theres hundreds of religions and plenty who went extinct. in the end ur dead and game over. people are just the genetics of their parents in new envirnments which form them.

so kill, steal, and play it clean and get rich. do whatever you can to make your journey as pain free or short as possible

am i right?

haha...well. maybe about the first part, not the second. i've become so apathetic towards religion. nothing makes sense anymore.

i am indifferent

it is nice to think that maybe when we die we go to a luvly fluffy place with lots of cakes and naked ladies

but yeh, we die and thats it

i dunno lifes a bit fo a joke really

I've seen a lot of this kind of topic before I joined this site and was just lurking. I am a Christian, and this is the way that I see it:

Yes, there are bad things in this world, and acne isn't even the worst of it. I'm not denying that things can look seriously hopeless at times. The thing is, I know that eventually, everything that is wrong with the world will end.

Second, the reason why I don't think that my religion is pointless is that Christians feel that we're supposed to respond to the bad things that go on. Yeah, there are those that carry around Bibles, go to church and say "look at me, I'm a good Christian" and attract a whole lot of deserved eye-rolling, but there are those of us who really want to change things.

The whole "nothing matters" thing is a philosophy. It's called nihilism. The problem with just doing whatever it takes to get what we want is that while we're enjoying our lives, others are living in poverty, sickness, etc..., and we're not doing anything about it because we're too busy going after what we want. This is not to say that Christians are the only ones that want to help people, just to illustrate the point that religion/philosophy is not pointless.

I've seen a lot of this kind of topic before I joined this site and was just lurking. I am a Christian, and this is the way that I see it:

Yes, there are bad things in this world, and acne isn't even the worst of it. I'm not denying that things can look seriously hopeless at times. The thing is, I know that eventually, everything that is wrong with the world will end.

Second, the reason why I don't think that my religion is pointless is that Christians feel that we're supposed to respond to the bad things that go on. Yeah, there are those that carry around Bibles, go to church and say "look at me, I'm a good Christian" and attract a whole lot of deserved eye-rolling, but there are those of us who really want to change things.

The whole "nothing matters" thing is a philosophy. It's called nihilism. The problem with just doing whatever it takes to get what we want is that while we're enjoying our lives, others are living in poverty, sickness, etc..., and we're not doing anything about it because we're too busy going after what we want. This is not to say that Christians are the only ones that want to help people, just to illustrate the point that religion/philosophy is not pointless.

i think atheism is just as much of a religion as any other.

It is, so many people call themselves atheist because they think it's cool. I'm not saying that lameness did such, but I see it all the time. Personally, I'm a Deist, because I find it hard to believe that some random explosion happened out of thin air which created us all. But I also don't think that "god" is good nor bad. Free will is what controls us, not some being above.

Yeh but I would like to die with my pride..and have people saying good things about me and my presence not bad. Acne and people can do whatever they want with me but as longest I have the nice people on my side and good things to remember that means the world to me.

It is, so many people call themselves atheist because they think it's cool. I'm not saying that lameness did such, but I see it all the time. Personally, I'm a Deist, because I find it hard to believe that some random explosion happened out of thin air which created us all. But I also don't think that "god" is good nor bad. Free will is what controls us, not some being above.

we all die. and once you die nothing matters, not your life, or nothing. the world is a piece of shit with flies on it. believe what you want, theres hundreds of religions and plenty who went extinct. in the end ur dead and game over. people are just the genetics of their parents in new envirnments which form them.

am i right?

It is, so many people call themselves atheist because they think it's cool.

^^ some very interesting thoughts and insights, although it kinda seemed all over the place.

ill read it more thoroughly later

I just have one question I hope you could clarify

What are your implications and the real significance behind what may be a paradoxical materialism/positivism attempt to replace religion whilst referencing it or being on metaphysical premises? That interested me, i wish you could explain that furthur

I just have one question I hope you could clarify

What are your implications and the real significance behind what may be a paradoxical materialism/positivism attempt to replace religion whilst referencing it or being on metaphysical premises? That interested me, i wish you could explain that furthur

I agree with what you say, except for the Bin Laden thing. I don't believe that he is actually an ardent Muslim, but he does use the religion for his sick desires. Religion has a consuming power over people, as is with many things in life. Stalinism, Fascism, racism, etc. all fill that void for humans when religion is not involved. Most people feel a need to be a part of something big, something seemingly larger than life, because they cannot grasp the concept that they can make their own difference. It's the lemming mentality that plagues much of mankind.

interesting i would retort that saying "everything" is immaterial is only a matter of pragmatics and language and the only shortcoming to positivism philosophy is the current scientific epistemology and so its truely only a matter of time. ;)

interesting i would retort that saying "everything" is immaterial is only a matter of pragmatics and language and the only shortcoming to positivism philosophy is the current scientific epistemology and so its truely only a matter of time. ;)

because all the past mysteries of the world have received theological explanations until science disproved them and you could infer from this pattern that the remaining ones shall as well.

And if youre saying the noumenal world is unknowable through positivistic inference than what isnt? And why bother trying to figure it out?

because all the past mysteries of the world have received theological explanations until science disproved them and you could infer from this pattern that the remaining ones shall as well.