Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skimpywimpy

Still Getting Accutane Rash

WTF? I've been off Accutane almost 1 year. I'm now in the middle of a terrible eczema breakout all over my body (except face thank god!). I NEVER had eczema before tane. Now I get rashes from the slightest touches. I can't even shower anymore. I have to take cold water baths with a baby oil. And even that will still cause break outs like this one!

I am seriously ready to do something drastic. I can't take it anymore. It's been long enough and my skin has NOT returned to normal. I can not take a life like this. I'd rather have the moderate acne back . . .

I've posted this question many times before. Usually no one even bothers to respond. I guess I am the one freak who has permanent eczema from accutane.

Hey, im sorry. Have you gone to a doctor or derm about the problem? They are experts on this stuff you know.

Yeh they just give me super potent steroids and elidel cream. doesn't really help except in the middle of terrible bouts it brngs inflammation down a bit.

Do you use moisturizer everyday? Sorry, normally, I wouldn't ask such a dumbass question, but you've commented on the lack of responses, I think we typically just shut up if we don't have anything informative to say :D

Generally you probably can't use any drying products on your skin and should probably moisturize right out of the shower and see if that helps. I use Lubriderm with shea butter, it's really good. In the winter, I use a little bit of extra virgin olive oil with that to help it spread around my skin easier, and for the moisturization to last longer. I use about a peanut size of olive oil with each pump of lotion. It doesn't stink, either :D