Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I will KILL it!

Have you ever had lumps or raised scars from a cyst?

Hi everyone, I would like to know if I'm not the only one in this case.

A long time ago, I had a severe acne, with very big cysts, painful and all that crap. The worst thing was that I would get some of them on my nose! And everyone knows the worst place where you can get acne is on the nose.

Well, now I'm cleared of that shit thanks to accutane (but for how long?), but as you also all know, acne can come back after it's death to haunt you.

Some people may get scars from acne, I seemed to be lucky with that since all the cysts I had never left a single scar (BP did, however, give me scars...), but I was left with something, in my mind, that is much worse.

On my nose, on every place except one where cysts had grown, instead of a scar, I'm left with a freaking LUMP. I've got 4 of these suckers, 3 of wich are visible, the other is almost invisible. They are skin colored bumps with nothing in it (well at least it doesn't seem when I touch them) but they feel kinda hard, they tend to be smaller sometimes but then when I wake up the other day, they're back to their old size. Fortunatly, it's not red, but every once in a while, people ask me if my nose is broken, because it looks swollen thanks to these damn lumps.

If you have read me carefully, you probably noticed that I've said all of the cysts except one left a lump. Well, the other one, the first big cyst I had had when my acne broke out for the first time, this sucker left something I THINK is a raised scar. It is red, it's not that hard, and strangely, if I push it in with my finger, it shrinks down and if I do it long enough, it almost completly disapears! But it then comes back to it's size progressively.

It doesn't hurt, but along with my other lumps it's fugly, and I have to put a bit of make-up on it to make the redness disapear!! It's really a shame to me as a guy to have to do that...

So I would like to know, has anyone ever had something similar to me?

Your skin will still continue to remodel itself a bit after accutane. You might notice shrinking of those 'lumps' in the next 3 months or so.

How can deep scras remodel itself

The effects of Accutane persist for a while after its use. I noticed myself that some scars I had improved after I took Accutane and I only had a 2-3 month course since I had to have emergency surgery (completely unrelated to accutane).

A fresh scar remodels itself for two years after its appearance.

It can be assisted in its remodeling after that time with other treatments.

Your skin will still continue to remodel itself a bit after accutane. You might notice shrinking of those 'lumps' in the next 3 months or so.

Well maybe I didn't explain myself correctly lol, I've had them for a bit more than 4 years, so no it won't shrink, but thanks anyway.

Anyone else has this problem, and maybe managed to resolve it without a surgery (I'm probably going to have to do that but I'm afraid I might get scars from the operation, instead of lumps).

Well maybe I didn't explain myself correctly lol, I've had them for a bit more than 4 years, so no it won't shrink, but thanks anyway.

Anyone else has this problem, and maybe managed to resolve it without a surgery (I'm probably going to have to do that but I'm afraid I might get scars from the operation, instead of lumps).

Has your derm examined them? Or recommended anything to treat them? Since they change in size every so often, it wouldn't hurt to have your derm examine them. He/She can possibly recommend something to help them out.

I haven't any idea except suggesting copper peptide serums or something like that. They do help in improving skin texture and tautness.

Has your derm examined them? Or recommended anything to treat them? Since they change in size every so often, it wouldn't hurt to have your derm examine them. He/She can possibly recommend something to help them out.

I haven't any idea except suggesting copper peptide serums or something like that. They do help in improving skin texture and tautness.

Yep she did, I don't really like that derm though I think I will change, she didn't really let me talk and doesn't seem to care one bit about what I think, but she said I should come back 3 months after I stopped accutane to make an appointment for a surgery for my lumps.

She also said my "raised scar" is an inflammated spot, I told her I've had it for more than 3 years but she didn't listen, I asked her "what can I do I've had it for more than 3 years" and she answered "You have to wait". What the hell? I will probably go to another derm just to see what I could do, but I would like to have a surgery instead of another thing I would have to put on my face that might never work. Surgery or something like an injection of anything that would reduce the size of my lumps in a matter of days (like steroid/cortisone for cysts).

I hope I will get rid of them all, this is what the worst thing I've ever had in my life, if it had been anywhere else like on my chin or on my body I wouldn't have cared, but on my nose? Worst place ever, trust me.