Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Great Reizo

Need input for a new regimen

Hi all, with my recent TCA peel it seems that my pimples have surfaced and are ready for clearing after they come out however I need to keep it that way...Azalex and Retin A I have learned are big no no's and will never use them again...Benzoyl Peroxide has always worked for me...2 times a day has cleared me but pimples do return at least a little bit. I figure if I add more weapons that I can completely eliminate them. Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid and BPO have all stood the test of time...but when should I use them etc...what forms of each, toner, cream, gel, wash etc...I am thinking maybe using acids in the morning to enhance cell turnover and keep plugs down and BPO at night to disinfect...any ideas guys?

I have the kind marked by red pimples that swell up eventually with pus I guess that's called inflammatory acne...and I also have small whiteheads that are almost invisible on my skin unless you look really hard...and those are hard to get rid of...but the red inflammatory type is the most annoying because it's the most noticable

I didn't used to have any comedonal acne, so I did Dan's regimen twice a day, and it worked like a charm on my moderate inflammatory acne. But then, I think some of the acne that would have been inflamed if I'd hadn't been using benzoyl peroxide started gradually accumulating as little tiny clogged pores in my problem areas, and they didn't budge, even though I used a glycolic acid lotion each night to help with my overall skin tone and flakiness. Fortunately I was able to be one of Dan's testers for his new salicylic acid product, and I used that in the mornings and BP at night with the AHA moisturizer, and man, my skin looked amazing while I still had samples left! I'm not sure that I'd recommend jumping right into a SA in the morning and BP+AHA at night style regimen right away, though, as adjusting to BP alone can be quite frustrating, I can't imagine starting off trying out all three simultaneously. You might try what I did: get your inflammatory acne completely under control with Dan's regimen, add in an AHA treatment when you are used to benzoyl peroxide which might help to some degree with the comedones, and then eventually start using SA in the morning instead of BP to take care of comedonal acne, getting rid of the AHA if you no longer find it necessary.

I wouldn't use any of those products in wash form, medicated washes have been pretty ineffective in my experience. Dan's BP gel is amazing and I highly recommend it. For AHA, I've really liked Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (night version), which can be a standalone moisturizer. For SA, well, you're on your own for that one since Dan's won't be out for a little while, but Paula's Choice products are probably your best shot (she makes a liquid, gel, and lotion, you should get her samples to see which your skin likes).

I was on the paula's choice website and they have an exfoliation plus benzoyl peroxide treatment is that another path to consider? I have heard SA and bp together can be irritating but if I were to use SA and BP on just the spots I could get the inflammatory lesions to dry up and peel faster and then after they are under control I could do the SA morning and BP at night regimen what do you think of that?

I've read it bad to do SA and BP in conjunction and I'm looking for the artice..I'll post it if I can find it..I know it's on this site somewhere!