Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetheart519

Another evening ruined by acne

So I went out last night, knowing I would be self-conscious all night long. Which I was. We went to a bar and all I could think about was how unflattering the lighting was, and how you could probably see EVERYTHING. When we were walking outside, I didn't want to look at anyone because of the bright lights. These 4 girls I was with were so pretty. Perfect skin. They have no problems attracting men. And all I could think about was how I didn't want to look at anyone or have anyone look at me. How I will probably never feel confident again as long as my skin looks like this. Which is sad, because before this breakout started 3 months ago I felt beautiful and confident too. I was quiet and down last night. Mostly because I had 2 particularly bad pimples - one above my lip, the other on my chin - that were just awful. I am so tired of this! It really makes me feel down.

So I went out last night, knowing I would be self-conscious all night long. Which I was. We went to a bar and all I could think about was how unflattering the lighting was, and how you could probably see EVERYTHING. When we were walking outside, I didn't want to look at anyone because of the bright lights. These 4 girls I was with were so pretty. Perfect skin. They have no problems attracting men. And all I could think about was how I didn't want to look at anyone or have anyone look at me. How I will probably never feel confident again as long as my skin looks like this. Which is sad, because before this breakout started 3 months ago I felt beautiful and confident too. I was quiet and down last night. Mostly because I had 2 particularly bad pimples - one above my lip, the other on my chin - that were just awful. I am so tired of this! It really makes me feel down.

i'm sure you are a beutiful person both inside and out i know how u feel i feel the same way.

hopefully with time things will get better for us

When I go out and I got a pimple or 2 (usually I don't even go out if my skin is not perfect) I always try to show the "good" side of my face. But most of the time after a couple of drinks I forget about my bad skin and have fun.

..then the next morning I start stressing out thinking about all the people who saw my not so pretty face.

I worry so much about how bad my skin is when i go out but i usually manage to cover it up with some concealer, but i always pay for it the next day as it gets in an awful state. I have so many spots on my face right now, more than i have had for ages. Is it really that bad to just go out and have fun with friends without having to pay for it by having to put up with more of these bloody things the next day? :(

Yep my skin almost ALWAYS gets worse after a night out. I do try to cover it up but when it's right there by your mouth, in full view, all red and inflammed, it's hard. Or when it's on your cheeks you don't want people to look at you from the side. It just all sucks. I'm so tired of it. I do have fun as long as it's really dark. But I rarely look at the person I'm dancing with. When those lights flash on the dance floor though, I usually look down or away or turn around completely. Sad.