Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
apocalipstick

Cetaphil is making me break out!

Try switching to a different moisturizer. Cetaphil is very good, but there's other good noncomedogenic things out there. Try oil of olay or neutrogena.

The only moisturizer I've found that doesn't break me out are emu oil and....petrolatum. I thought I'd found a winner with the RoC Actif Pur with retinol, but I am not quite sure if that's what is causing my new breakout or if it is the Green Cream (a retinoid) purge. I tend to think right now that it is the retinoid purge. grrrrr

Everyone is SO different. It might take you some time to find the moisturizer that works for you. Many people report great success with Lac Hydrin...

Since you're on Accutane, you might try a tiny bit of Aquaphor at night. Massage it in gently after you rub it between your (clean) palms to soften it up even more and make it easy to apply.

eh i hate cetaphil i used the acne bar and gentle cleanser got me oily and everything and my skin was getting worse when it came to acne the lotions and mostrizers were way!!!! to greasy

lol

but it works for some people

aveeno i think is the best brand for acne and accutane people

are you sure it's the moisturizer and you wouldn't be breaking out anyway, how long have you been on accutane?

I use Cetaphil to moisturize and it's causing me to break out A LOT. Keeps my skin from flaking, but the painful zits aren't worth it. What do I do?

It's definitely not initial breakout. When I use Cetaphil, within hours I get zits where I've never gotten them before. As soon as I discontinue use, the zits go away. So it's definitely the Cetaphil.