Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mag2007

Can you get red identations??

I was wondering can ice pick scars or identations appear red at first and if they are red....do they fade to a white colour but there is still a scar?

ive had 'ice-pick'-like scars ( i say 'ice-pick'-like because they filled in so much that they're not noticeable anymore, so i wonder if they're true icepick scars OR i just got lucky in the healing process) that appeared deep and dark (brownish/reddish) that have completely gone away both in color and almost in depth.

i had a keloid that was very red. after one fraxel-1 tx the redness is gone completely and it's flattened. Time will tell how long this result holds up, but i am confident the redness wont return.

Guest sm_oore
ive had 'ice-pick'-like scars ( i say 'ice-pick'-like because they filled in so much that they're not noticeable anymore, so i wonder if they're true icepick scars OR i just got lucky in the healing process) that appeared deep and dark (brownish/reddish) that have completely gone away both in color and almost in depth.

i had a keloid that was very red. after one fraxel-1 tx the redness is gone completely and it's flattened. Time will tell how long this result holds up, but i am confident the redness wont return.

Did your icepicks heal naturally or did you have fraxel or something else done?

naturally. my doc (for fraxel) forgot to spot treat them last Tues. (my first Fraxel tx). One icepick is nearly a yr old, the other is about 2 months old.