Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Married2AGamer

share your life after accutane stories :)

i have been on accutane for seven months.accutane has done wonders for my skin.im finally clear.WOW.its amazing! im down to my last 10 pills and im very nervous about my acne returning.my derm gave me RETIN A to maintain clear pores.my skin looks so smooth and dry...will my oil return????will the texture of my skin change?its so ironic...i was so scared to take accutane and now im even more scared to be off it...

Hi Married! I was on Accutane for 4 months in 2005. The good news was that my face did clear up. Bad news is, it was only for 3 months. The only hard things I experienced was dry skin(causing it to peel often) and bad mood swings.

I've been off Accutane for three months. My skin stayed oily until my sixth month. I ended up on 120mg a day during my last month (see my sig), because the oil just wouldn't go, but my skin was totally clear by month two.

So far my oil hasn't returned, and neither has my acne. My skin looks even better now that I'm off. I use Tazorac for maintnence, and I also use thre Olay Regenerist Serum and moisturizer with SPF 15 and self tanner. I use Cetaphil Moisturizer at night. I use the Olay regenerist stuff because it contains niacinamide, which not only helps with aging, but it also helps prevent acne.......

Was off Accutane for 9 months, I was scared to go of it too but your skin just keeps getting better, and don't be worried about the odd tiny pimple. I used Differin to keep the results but I just started getting these minor but persistent spots, not just localised but all over the place which indicated to me there would be a slow return. So I went to the derm and he put me straight back on tane, my skin is still pretty much perfect but i'm hoping this course will knock acne out for good, here's hoping.

I'm almost 5 months post tane.

I'm still clear and my skin is NORMAL for the first time in my life as an adult.

Good luck!

Wat a PERFECT thread! I just finished accutane today and I been worrying about the same thing. Given the fact that I get the worst possible condition in any situation, I will probably end up having acne again in a couple months :( NONTHELESS, I'm keeping my head up and hoping that acne wont come back or at least come back in a weaker form. SO all you can do now is apply a slurry of retin-a, because you know that if you dont do anything to your skin, you gonna fear that acne will come back very soon.

Good luck and lets stay optimistic =D

finished acutane 2 weeks ago. My skin is great now.. no more oil.. i hope that it always will be like this!

it's such a great feeling not to worry about your skin all the time.this drug is really amazing...i cant stress that enough.hopefully the retin -a will keep my skin smooth and clear.i would also like to have some peels to even out my skin tone and help with some lite scarring .my derms says i have to wait 4-6months.being on tane was great i was able to eat anything i wanted including dairy which would cause a breakout. i guess i will watch what i eat & drink plenty of water and take some supplements...any suggestions??

Hi. I don't post here often because I have had great success with accutane. I have been off of it for 4 months and am completely clear! :dance: My oil has returned to about 75% of it's original greasiness. :wall: But I'm not too upset. It keeps me young looking and at 41 I need every ounce of oil I can get!

All my red marks have faded and my skin looks better than it has in years. I wear ZERO face makeup. Only eyes and lips. I am no longer peeling and my lips and back to normal. My skin has stopped itching.

I am completely satisfied with the results. I will go back on accutane in a second if I need it.

You'll do GREAT! Trust me :D

Platinum

I use the Olay regenerist stuff because it contains niacinamide, which not only helps with aging, but it also helps prevent acne.......

my derm told me i should use retin A to maintain clear pores.that seems to be the norm after accutane ive heard and read here.i guess whatever works.

Platinum007-WOW 41 grl you look great ! congrats on getting clear :dance: !I still donT believe AT 31 for the first time in my life i can go without makeup.its GREAT!

I use the Olay regenerist stuff because it contains niacinamide, which not only helps with aging, but it also helps prevent acne.......

Interesting. I used to take that orally. It was called Nicomide and it didn't do shit for me. Just made me flush now and then. It's a vitamin B derivative, I believe.

Platinum

SO all you can do now is apply a slurry of retin-a, because you know that if you dont do anything to your skin, you gonna fear that acne will come back very soon.

my derm told me i should use retin A to maintain clear pores.that seems to be the norm after accutane ive heard and read here.i guess whatever works.

Platinum007-WOW 41 grl you look great ! congrats on getting clear :dance: !I still donT believe AT 31 for the first time in my life i can go without makeup.its GREAT!

Well, I personally dont want to use topicals like yourself but I just cant go on knowing if I dont do anything about my skin, something bad will happen. If it worked for you, then I am sure it will work on lots of people.

Btw, I was going to say you looked like you were in your 20s but since you forcefully disagreed with my comment, im gonna have to take it back. :D