Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Camellia Oil! Better than Jojoba and Emu oil 4 dryer skins?

I got mine today (yes I know I said when I run out but hey I am weak), and I have some on right now. I really like it smile.gif I used 3 pumps and find that after messaging it it there is a lot bit of a shine to it, so for day use I may try just one pump. It feels VERY soothing and it just feels really good.. hard to explain. It came VERY fast and has no real smell to it. It is fluid and thinner then olive oil, maybe more like jojoba. Hope that helps. I will keep you posted on the breal out factor.

Guest Scorpioness

Mine came today and I have it on now. It feels very nourishing and soothing. It's very light and smells similar to Emu oil but MUCH more subtle. I will post again after I have been using it for a week or so.

I am only going to use the oil the next few days in a row at night. In the daytime I am wearing the Amino Plex spray and the Kinerase creme on top of that. I am not exfoliating because I am going to be needling a test patch with the SofTap method by the end of the weekend.

I have a feeling I will like this oil. :-)

I've run out of Emu oil so I bought this oil from ebay too. I'll let you know how it works when I get it. I hope it's as good as they claim. smile.gif

I can't wait to get mine!!!!!!!!!! I feel so frustrated -it's me that's posting about this oil and I haven't even got mine yet! ](*,)

Actually it is not that thin.. It actually might be closer to olive oil consistency. I used 2 pumps for my face and neck this morning, and it is still a bit shiney.. will wait to see if is soaks in. My skin has been looking so much better I haven't been wearing my mineral makeup except spoting on some marks, but with the shine from the oil I may need a light dusting of powder.

I like it smile.gif So far no break outs! I am trying to get the right amounts without looking shiney in the mornings. I feels very soothing and healing to me. Yay. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Maya!

I just jumped on the bandwagon, too, and ordered from eBay. I am really hoping it will get rid of the fine lines/wrinkles/dehydration lines under my eyes!

I wanted to wait until I had used this for a week or two before posting my opinion

but Maya, since you asked,

I couldn't resist sharing how much I like this oil!

I've only used it for two days but I liked it immediately. It was absorbed right into my skin and left a moisturized, satiny finish. I only needed a small amount. My skin was starting to feel dry from the indoor heat but now it feels nourished and really smooth to the touch.

Also, (I'm really hesitant to say this as I'm only using it a short time) I believe I see a diminishing of a forehead wrinkle and it seems to minimize my pores. Nice.

I did my own comparison of Camillia Oil (Silkia) to Jojoba Oil and Emu Oil. My opinion is that Emu is the oiliest and gets absorbed the slowest. Camillia and Jojoba have a similar, light texture. I think both Emu and Jojoba leave a shinier finish that seems to make my pores stand out. And I think Camillia Oil is absorbed the fastest and leaves a healthy-looking, satiny finish that seems to minimize my pores.

So now I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with continued use. biggrin.gif

Hope this has been helpful.

Mimi

Yay!!! Just received mine this morning !!!

Thanks for the updates everyone, so glad you are all enjoying this new discovery on the board ........ ... I tried it this morning on my face and it does seem a lot less greasy and thick than the emu oil and quite different in texture to jojoba oil too.

I think I'll just use the Camellia for a week on it's own and see how it feels ... I even applied a few drops on my hair ... and it feels great, much much LESS greasy than jojoba on the hair ..

Camellia is recommended for the face/body/hair.. and stretchmarks ... I'm applying in all the places and will report back. biggrin.gif

I will also step forward and say that I like this oil as well. I am using it sparingly to make sure I am not going to breakout, but so far so good. I have to say I find it superior over the emu oil, much lighter without the "chicken smell." It is probably a bit too much for me to wear under my makeup though, time will tell on that one. Great find Maya!! =D>

Wow - I'm pleased with this purchase .. it is definately more pleasnant to use than Emu oil .. very soothing

Guest Tracy

STOP IT!! THIS INSTANT!! THE URGE TO PURCHASE IS CONSUMING ME!! THE DESIRE IS TOO GREAT!! CAN'T RESIST!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

lol you guys. you know my dad bought me a bottle of cammelia oil way back ago? i still have it! i remember it being very expensive, he got it from china. anyways i remeber he told me it was for blackheads, you apply it rub and the blackheads out. it did work, but i stopped using it i can't recall. probably because i was too depressed about my acne. anyways, i remember i used it on my face overnight, it makes your skin very dewy and glowing and nice!

STOP IT!!  THIS INSTANT!!  THE URGE TO PURCHASE IS CONSUMING ME!!  THE DESIRE IS TOO GREAT!!  CAN'T RESIST!! ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)

Guest Tracy

I could take it no longer......the urge was too great!! sad.gif I made the purchase late last night....after tossing and turning with thoughts of pure, top-quality camellia oil in my head....I was sweating, felt butterflies in my stomach....I completely caved. I snuck over to the computer, quietly turned it on.....slipped the debit card out of my wallet, looked around to be certain there would be no witnesses......and made the purchase. 8-[ I'm so weak. Oh, the shame of it..... My name is Tracy and I'm a beauty product junkie......and Maya is my co-dependent enabler!!

My name is Tracy and I'm a beauty product junkie......and Maya is my co-dependent enabler!!

"Silkiaâ„¢ camellia oil delivers the benefits of Retinol, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and other chemical acid based anti-aging products, but without their irritating side effects and sun sensitivity problems. It works wonders on your skin in the following ways: " From this site http://www.goldportbeauty.com/camellia_oil.htm

I have noticed with this oil the AHA-like effects. I really have to watch all the exfoliating stuff I have been using. Been walking around with a hair to much blush to my skin. Just wanted to remind folks that this does have AHA's-like benefits in it naturally, and so if you are layering lots of exfoliants to keep in mind this isn't JUST a moisturizer. I have been realizing that I have to split up the BHA, this oil and the RAM to sparate morning and nights alternating them. I am using this oil every morning though. As soon as my acne is licked.. I think this is going to be my main staple product with curry boy soap.. inexpensive and effective!

I was away of this board a while and....Wait...wait..wait..I am just starting to try Puredeming and all of the sudden, Camelia Oil is the miracle oil.

And the best of all , i assumen, accoridng to what i ve read from Maya first post about this Camelia oil, that doesn't cause sun sensitivity , so i don't need a sunblock...sounds good.

For those who have tried this product, how different this Camelia Oil is from Puredeming Intense Gel?

Thanks

Kuitiboi

Guest Tracy

PureDeming Intense Gel is a "treatment" type product that contains ALA, Vitamin C and other ingredients that you wash off after use but you should not leave it on as a moisturizer.

Camillia oil is basically a moisturizer/moisturizing oil with lots of other good benefits that you leave on the skin.

[-X ALWAYS wear sunblock!!

I really like using this stuff on my hair .. I rub a few drops into my hair at night .. makes it feel much softer in the morning..

Guest Tracy

I just received my bottle of camellia oil in the mail today!! Wow!! That was quick!! But the company is located in Brea, CA, which is not very far from where I live!! biggrin.gif I can't wait to try it~!!

Guest Scorpioness

Hey footprint! I don't know the answer to your question, but I have wondered how you have recovered from your TCA peel and what kind of improvement you've gotten from that....?

The camellia oil, so far seems to be much more superior then emu oil or jojoba oil. I just did a TCA Complex peel, and I am using the camellia oil as a huge part of my regimen.... which like a lot of people here is always changing. So far I am really just loving it. Because I also did the peel... it's hard to tell how the camellia oil fairs when used on it's own... but it enhances everything else I am doing perfectly. My skin is showing improvement...