Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icewater

30 days into Accutane (picture inside)

I posted pictures here about 25 days ago or so and my skin looked really good right off the bad. I experienced a small bit of acne (honestly, not even enough to be called an I.B). It was a few clogged pores on one side of my chin. Has anyone ever taken Accutane for only 2 months and had fairly long lasting success?

Picture here

I'm in the middle

You look marvelous! You have the Accutane glow...or is that expertly applied makeup? :)

I had great clearing after 2-3 months of Accutane, but that is the entire length of my course due to having to have emergency surgery and having to stop Accutane. I stayed very clear for only 2-3 years or so but then again I didn't have a full course of Accutane.

I NEVER again had massive cysts and pustules and nodules on my back and I'd had them continuously to the point of not wanting to sleep on the back. My face has the occasional breakout, but it is Never like it was (cysts so painful it was hard to eat). That in itself is a major blessing. Remember, I did not have even a full course. :)

Your skin looks great. :D You're very beautiful.

Staying on Accutane for only 2 months is a really bad idea though; you need to reach your cumulative dose of 120-150mg/kg.

Your skin looks great. :D You're very beautiful.

Staying on Accutane for only 2 months is a really bad idea though; you need to reach your cumulative dose of 120-150mg/kg.

You look marvelous! You have the Accutane glow...or is that expertly applied makeup? :)

I had great clearing after 2-3 months of Accutane, but that is the entire length of my course due to having to have emergency surgery and having to stop Accutane. I stayed very clear for only 2-3 years or so but then again I didn't have a full course of Accutane.

I NEVER again had massive cysts and pustules and nodules on my back and I'd had them continuously to the point of not wanting to sleep on the back. My face has the occasional breakout, but it is Never like it was (cysts so painful it was hard to eat). That in itself is a major blessing. Remember, I did not have even a full course. :)

Cumulative dose basically means that by the end of the course you should have consumed so many mg of accutane. if someone is 60kg by the end of it they want to have taken a minimum of 7200mg of accutane. get it? maybe someone will add to that

thats 120mg/kg * 60 obviously

aw i am so pleased for you and you look lovely! Its such a nice feeling. Mine is clearing up so good too - i have had the IB i think last week but already, they are cleared. Yes its peeling in places but i can't complain about how it looks (now the oil has gone too!) and i feel so much more confident already.