Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering...because I've never had red marks like this and I've had some bad breakouts in my life. These are terrible. And I have SO many. It's been 2 months so far and not much fading yet. I tried to do a poll but I guess that didn't work haha...

Well I still have some red marks, but I had alot more and they were more pigmented, I'd say, only a good 2-3 months ago.

After my skin cleared up, I started using less benzoyl peroxide because I noticed using it prolonged the skin's healing process. I only use it once every two days now and my skin still stays clear. Since then, I've had added AHA into my regimen. But I think the key is just being patient? I, myself, am too afraid to experiment with all those chemical peels and treatments so I guess I can't recommend too much.

=/ Had 'em for about ten months, and I guess about 30% of them are completely gone.

Yea Im at 9 months and counting for the really deep red marks--although they have faded with ACV, aloe, and time. Most of the smaller ones lasted 1-2 months

Mine faded slightly over the course of years, literally. 5-year-old marks you could see no problem, and if you looked you could find marks from 7 years ago (when I first started breaking out). It doesn't help that my skin is really really pale but also delicate and prone to dark red marks (Irish!).

Then I saw the post about baby hairbrushes and decided to give it a try. I use the baby hairbrush in the shower with 8.5% bp scrub and hot water. I have been doing it for literally under a week and the improvements have been HUGE. It depends partly on where they are on my body, like my skin responds better in some parts than others, but overall it is amazing. In some areas the darkest marks are light pink now, and the ones that started lighter are almost invisible! In under a week!!

Seriously check out the thread about baby brushes and give it a try. The brush only costs a few dollars so worst case it won't be a big waste. And it does hurt a lot when you're doing it, but it has worked soooo well for me that it's worthwhile. Please give it a shot, I hope it works as well for you as it has for me!

Then I saw the post about baby hairbrushes and decided to give it a try. I use the baby hairbrush in the shower with 8.5% bp scrub and hot water. I have been doing it for literally under a week and the improvements have been HUGE. It depends partly on where they are on my body, like my skin responds better in some parts than others, but overall it is amazing. In some areas the darkest marks are light pink now, and the ones that started lighter are almost invisible! In under a week!!

I hadn't tried a glycolic acid face wash. I'm a bit afraid to change too many parts of my regimen right now since in the last 2 months I changed birth control and started Benzamycin, and this week I'm changing antibiotics. I think once I get clear and stop the antibiotic I will experiment with glycolic acid a bit more. I just don't want to break out worse right now and not be sure what the cause is. I'm already having trouble knowing what's working and what isn't!

I had really dark red and some purplish colored scars. I started using the baking soda and acv undiluted about three weeks ago. I have to say, the redness has reduced by about 50% so far. Before I couldn't even hide the redness or purpleness with concealer to well. I had to cover the left half of my face with my hair so people wouldn't see it. Now, I can easily cover up the remaining redness with no problem and my skin is starting to look somewhat normal again. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to get rid of the rolling scars that are left behind. I only have about 5-6 major ones right now, but hopefully they will be reduced by this method as well. Fingers crossed. If not, I'm gonna try a nice medium peel with TCA or TCA cross method. I'll give it another couple of weeks and then I'll post my before and after pics for everyone to see for themselves. By the way, I do not use any cleanser or face washes anymore either. I only use the baking soda and acv, surprisingly this is working well to diminish my last two acne spots that are left faster than ever!! Yay!!! I am on my way to clear skin again!!!!

I had really dark red and some purplish colored scars. I started using the baking soda and acv undiluted about three weeks ago. I have to say, the redness has reduced by about 50% so far. Before I couldn't even hide the redness or purpleness with concealer to well. I had to cover the left half of my face with my hair so people wouldn't see it. Now, I can easily cover up the remaining redness with no problem and my skin is starting to look somewhat normal again. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to get rid of the rolling scars that are left behind. I only have about 5-6 major ones right now, but hopefully they will be reduced by this method as well. Fingers crossed. If not, I'm gonna try a nice medium peel with TCA or TCA cross method. I'll give it another couple of weeks and then I'll post my before and after pics for everyone to see for themselves. By the way, I do not use any cleanser or face washes anymore either. I only use the baking soda and acv, surprisingly this is working well to diminish my last two acne spots that are left faster than ever!! Yay!!! I am on my way to clear skin again!!!!

I think it depends entirely on your skin tone / etnic background...another factor which influences red marks is exposure to sun.

Yeh some guy on the coast of cali might say he's had red marks for 10 months but he doesnt mention if he uses sun cream while sunbathing 4 hours a day...

red marks shouldnt take longer then 6 months if you dont expose pigmented skin to sunlight

personally my red marks disapear withing 2 weeks on certain parts of my face, while others areas take 2 months..im a a fair skined male

I like you have only recently started getting "red marks."

Now I find myself in a battle of getting rid of em.

It takes around, at least for me (5-7 months) to get rid of the red marks. Even than, its only reduced.

Patience is the key.

I have realllly dark scars myself.. thats great to know how much yours have faded! Do you mix the baking soda and ACV together or something?

I'v jus entered my 6month on accutane and have clear skin (hope it lasts) alos ther are about 100 red small makrs still on my face which really pisses me off!!!!!! i remember getting my first 3 spots (they formed like a triangle lol) and the red marks there are only just fading away now n that was when i was 14........17 now lol also i must of poped them cus they have left quite large scars :@ bastards lol my derm sed its jus time that makes the red marks go away!!!! but she also sed that make up helps them not heal faster but make them less red!!!!!!!!!! so i'm gunna giv that a shot soon:D:D