Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RCRanger03

What if you found the cure for acne?

What if after a lifetime of severe acne you dedicated your lifes work to curing it and eventually found a cure. What would you do? Would you sell it for ridiculously high prices bc you know people would pay it? Or would you distribute it free to save millions of people the agony of acne? What would you do?

um, ridiculously high prices, that's a no. brainer, and it's good buisness. you would have put a lot of time and money into developing a cure so you should be compensated.

um, ridiculously high prices, that's a no. brainer, and it's good buisness. you would have put a lot of time and money into developing a cure so you should be compensated.

they wouldn't have to go through it, if the paid the price. insurance would probably cover it in most cases.

I found the cure...For ME.

Who's to say my acne won't come back? It certainly could, & I fear it will. Three courses of accutane didn't do it. I think my lamp, plus using research in here to find effective topicals, plus the fact that I'm aging and simply am not quite as oily as I used to be is what did it.

I seriously doubt you could find ONE cure for all acne.

There are many cures now. It's just down to finding yours, or finding the right combination. It's already very expensive. I think the expense is what keeps many people from finding their cure.

Well considering I would truly want to help people out of their fucked up situation, but would wanna help myself too, i'd just sell it at a reasonable price. I like money as much as anyone else, but its like fuckin over your own people or something to make it way highly priced.

I found the cure...For ME.

Who's to say my acne won't come back? It certainly could, & I fear it will. Three courses of accutane didn't do it. I think my lamp, plus using research in here to find effective topicals, plus the fact that I'm aging and simply am not quite as oily as I used to be is what did it.

I seriously doubt you could find ONE cure for all acne.

There are many cures now. It's just down to finding yours, or finding the right combination. It's already very expensive. I think the expense is what keeps many people from finding their cure.

I'd give it away, no question. The benefit from reducing suffering for that many people would so far outweigh the benefit from increasing my income that for me it's not even worth considering.

I would give it away so that no one has to deal with acne (especially severe acne) for longer then they have to! No charge! Gratitude and knowing that i was helping millions of people have a normal life would be enough for me.

Plus if you do want the money just think of all the good press you would get and interviews you would be paid to do :) You would become a celeb in some ways. People would be fascinated by the person who found the cure to acne and just gave it away :)

id do ten backflips in a row and party like a rockstar.

actually id charge 100.00 a person, who cant afford that? Nothing wrong with making a few bucks, but to charge so much that it makes people poor is never right, thats oppression.

You are all forgetting some very important details lol. First, you cannot "give it away" because people who invested in your research would demand, and rightfully so, a mark-up on the prices so that they can make a profit. Furthermore, the money u spent in research would be a huge debt that you would have to repay, probably in the hundreds of millions or billions, so you would have to ask a hefty price to break even.

Even if you were to say you'd sell the cure for cost, which most of you would not, you would then have to factor in transportation and merchandising of the "cure" and you would end up marking it up a fair amount just to break even.

It's all well and good to say you'd give it away free, but we all know you wouldn't or else you'd be in hundreds of millions of dollars in debt. Anything that takes alot of research has to be priced very highly because the expenses are huge and you need the revenue to have a sucessful business.

Hahah no I am anice girl but people question that I guess they are so miserlable themselves and prejudiced that when they se a severe sufferer they think I'm miserable, which I am. But I have chosen to live with this handicap so whenever my mum gets an outrage on me which she does like all the time I can't look myself in the mirror and say well at least I'm pretty...it's tragic..and when I'm happy people accuse me of being fake. Cause how can severe sufferer be happy

I would give "my cure" to people to try and then if they likey likey they will have to start sending me money for more.... A monthly expense just like Proactiv, but my product would be easier to use and or apply...

I would try to help and be as cheap as possible.... I would accept all health insurances how crappy they may be, and try to make people happy.

YAy! lol

Hahah no I am anice girl but people question that I guess they are so miserlable themselves and prejudiced that when they se a severe sufferer they think I'm miserable, which I am. But I have chosen to live with this handicap so whenever my mum gets an outrage on me which she does like all the time I can't look myself in the mirror and say well at least I'm pretty...it's tragic..and when I'm happy people accuse me of being fake. Cause how can severe sufferer be happy

In a perfect world, I would charge nothing. Just so I wouldn't go really far into dept, though, I would charge the absolute minimum that I had to. I could never profit from somebody else's suffering. Too many skin care companies have already done that to me.

I wouldn't charge high prices cuz I know what it's like to have bad acne. It sux! I can't even afford Proactive.

What if after a lifetime of severe acne you dedicated your lifes work to curing it and eventually found a cure. What would you do? Would you sell it for ridiculously high prices bc you know people would pay it? Or would you distribute it free to save millions of people the agony of acne? What would you do?

I would try my best to make it as affordable as possible without having to sacrifice quality. If I could manufacture it in such a way where it's free (by allowing other companies to advertise directly on the product's boxes that we ship out) then I would try to make use of it.

Guest missyjean130

honestly, I would sell it for a high price. I know it's mean! I would love to be rich though! Travel the world, do everything I've always wanted to before I die. Sure, I'll donate to disease research as well, help those foreign kids on televison who unfortunately live in a poor country...