Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chrisaus

Since I stopped drinking beer daily

I've noticed I can get away with eating significantly more trigger foods. My daily habit was 2-3 beers and maybe 10 or so on a saturday night. Now, since i cut out alcohol all together i've noticed i can be a little more flexible with what I eat. I strongly advise (if you can) to just not drink alcohol ever, not even one drink per night. My immune system seems to be stronger and my allergies (hayfever for one) less prominent.

thats why i drink till my liver dies.. rest fer 3 weeks.. then drink again... i couldn't imagine drinking everyday... are you nuts. :|

one bottle a day keeps the doctor away ;)

thats why i drink till my liver dies.. rest fer 3 weeks.. then drink again... i couldn't imagine drinking everyday... are you nuts. :|

I drink most days.

BEER FTW

i've noticed that beer and alcohol clears out my skin.

That's what I always thought, at least what I would tell myself. But in reality it's just an extra burden on your liver that is having a hard enough time as it is digesting all the grains etc we eat during day to day life. By stopping the alcohol habit you give your liver that extra amount of healing time and it adds up by the end of the week.

i've noticed that beer and alcohol clears out my skin.

That's what I always thought, at least what I would tell myself. But in reality it's just an extra burden on your liver that is having a hard enough time as it is digesting all the grains etc we eat during day to day life. By stopping the alcohol habit you give your liver that extra amount of healing time and it adds up by the end of the week.

Most research points to alcohol, in low to moderate quantities as not particularly harming you and in some instances being of benefit. I'll be the first to concur that if you're getting completely trashed and waking up with a horrible hangover in the morning, you're definitely hurting your liver. But this isn't the case with 1 to 3 beers with the average adult (90lb. Asian women excluded :)).

Than again, I'd feel better if Danny chimed in... :dance:

i haven't drank in many months

Me neither! I probably drink three times a year. Alcohol has destroyed my family. My grandfather died of alcoholism in his late sixties. A cousin ( twice removed I never understood that) died of alcoholism two years ago at the age of 42