Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gyroscope352

BHA Morning/BP Night Regimen

Hey all. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, my job is busy as balls. But, now it's the weekend and I have a chance to play a little catch up. Since this new Sal Acid in the morning BP at night regimen is starting to catch on, I thought I would share my experience.

I had completely gotten rid of my (extremely) inflammatory acne on the DKR, but I still had some clogged pores and comedones lying around my problem areas. Eventually they would go away, but they would go away by turning red and coming to a head, which kind of sucked (but still WAY better than the way my inflammatory acne used to get). So, I figured I would go for this BHA/BP deal. I got some Paula's Choice BHA Gel and went to it in the mornings, and using Dan's BP at night.

Apart from the fact that the Paula's Choice Gel blew (shiny, took forever to dry, left a clear film), it worked okay. A few of my comedones have dissapeared (or at least gotten smaller), and I expect if I stayed on it longer they might go away. I do, however, have a large(er?) cluster of clogged pores around the corner of my mouth that will NOT get any smaller. Maybe they would have eventually gone away, I don't know.

The problem was, that after two weeks or so my inflammatory acne is starting to creep it's way through a bit. Last week I started to get a fairly painful pimple on my chin and yesterday I got a pretty good sized one (the biggest since before I started the DKR) next to my mouth. This I am NOT happy about. It's not quite as bad as it was pre-DKR, but it's definitely worse than the tiny tiny pimples (that formed from the comedones) when I was on BP twice a day. Enough to make me say, "hell with this, I'm going back to BP."

Now I can hear most of you saying, "you should give it more of a chance," but to be honest, I miss BP. I only get to use it once a day now. The awesomeness of Dan's BP coupled with the suckyness of Paula's Choice Gel just makes me want to use BP every day in itself. Now at least I have a sort-of real exucse to do so. And I don't really feel like waiting around and see if my inflammatory acne will come back or not. I'd rather just deal with the comedones (it's not like anyone cares but me anyways). Maybe when Dan's sal acid comes out, I will give that a go because it seems to have worked well for the people who tried it. I feel like he tried to make it work like BP so much that it will help block that inflammatory acne better than Paula's Choice will. I mean, thats a few months away so I'll worry about it then. But for now, it's back to BP 2x a day!

Hi,

It's good to see you and read your update, and thanks for sharing.

The good thing about Dan's SA product is that it also has anti-inflammatories in it, so it should be better than your standard SA product, imo.

thanks for sharing! i was considering SA in the morning too since now i get like whiteheads more often than inflammatories

rite now im not using BP all over the face in the morning, i just spot treat it or maybe use it on my problematic areas... my cheeks have been clear ever since i started regimen and cutting back in the morning didnt change a thing :D

Hi,

It's good to see you and read your update, and thanks for sharing.

The good thing about Dan's product is that it also has antin-inflammatories in it, so it should be better than your standard SA product, imo.

This is really interesting, thanks for posting this! I've been trying to decide if I should try a Paula's BHA while waiting for Dan's lotion to come out (I ran out of salicylic acid samples :(), but between my hesitation to let my skin get used to yet another new product and your experience, I think I'll just do BP twice a day for now too. It sounds like we have pretty similar skin types (inflammatory acne that turns comedonal in problem areas when BP controls the inflammation).

This is really interesting, thanks for posting this! I've been trying to decide if I should try a Paula's BHA while waiting for Dan's lotion to come out (I ran out of salicylic acid samples :(), but between my hesitation to let my skin get used to yet another new product and your experience, I think I'll just do BP twice a day for now too. It sounds like we have pretty similar skin types (inflammatory acne that turns comedonal in problem areas when BP controls the inflammation).

did BP not help with the comedome acne at all? i started to think i should use SA on some spots like right under my lips... theres a whitehead thats visible but its kinda under the surface... its been like this for almost 3 weeks and i make sure to ice it and BP it every day but doesnt seem to help

did BP not help with the comedome acne at all? i started to think i should use SA on some spots like right under my lips... theres a whitehead thats visible but its kinda under the surface... its been like this for almost 3 weeks and i make sure to ice it and BP it every day but doesnt seem to help