Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Bigger

Vitamin B-5, Vitamin A, Zinc, and Fish Oils = Good Combo?

So I'm thinking of experimenting with all al the above. I know overdosing on vitamin A is dangerous, so I'm only going to take one pill (8,000 IU). Zinc I will be taking 50-100 grams. And will try to mega-dosing B-5 for 2 months (10g), then bring it down slowly if I have success. And of course I'm sticking with the fish oils (around 3g daily).

What do the vitamin experts think on this combo? Can it be beneficial to take lots of B-5 and a little bit of Vitamin-A?

if you're taking that much zinc, take a copper supplement too. Copper deficiency can cause weakening of artery walls leading to susceptibility to ruptured aneurysms which are often fatal.

if you're taking that much zinc, take a copper supplement too. Copper deficiency can cause weakening of artery walls leading to susceptibility to ruptured aneurysms which are often fatal.

I have read that for as long as you are NOT taking above 100g of Zinc, you do not need to take copper. I also take multivitamins to prevent deficiencies of all the other minerals/vitamins.

Thats not a very good combo in my opinion because they address different things and if you cleared up you would never know which one it was. Good combinations are ones that address the same area...for example im taking Fish Oil, Saw Palmetto and Green Tea Extract, all of which help with hormones and two of which are ant-inflammatory. But in your case, two of them would be addressing a deficiency, one is a hormonal/anti-inflammatory, and one is a megadose. So it would be near impossible to tell what exactly your acne was caused by by knowing which of those things helped you. Fish oil, vitamin A and Zinc supplements are good for you in reasonable amounts anyway, so i'd imagine you could live with not knowing which of those it was, but it would suck for you to have to do something more risky like B5 when in fact it was one of the other three that was working.

><;; how much is that much? How much of zinc can you have without supplementation of copper?